Forex - work or play? What do you think? - page 13

Vitaly Muzichenko:

There you go again. Where does the 50/50 figure come from?

I have, for instance, 30/70, I can not even get a result of 40/60, I can not yet, but even with 30% success it does not prevent me from earning. I`m not sure that I`m going to change my brokerage company, so I`ve done it and it`s not like I`ll have to change it again.

The experience, respectively, increases the percentage. But it also increases the risks, because the trader becomes more confident in his predictions and when the situation changes drastically, it's harder to believe that he's just stupidly screwed.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

At the exchange (futures), the machine was consistently 50/50, but there is a small spread and a commission of 1-2 p per contract. On shares, the commission, total per transaction - buy-sell, 0.1% of the transaction value - also 50/50. In shares the commission is bigger, but there is less market noise, so there is no difference.

I am trying to make a forex robot and it appears to be some kind of rubbish. I think the reason is spread and noise.

I suspect that you also get 30/70 because of spread + market noises. I was recalculating spreads on forex to compare with market ones, but something doesn't work with that. Let's compare market and exchange costs for equivalent transactions sometime. Let's have a Eurobucks -0.1 contract (10000 quid). What are the transaction costs? I will tell you my results too.

By the way, what is the real spread on the same eurobucks? I have right now 2.5 p (on the fourth digit).

I have 0.4pp + $1 commission on 0.1 lot. I have takeaways to stop at least 3/1, sometimes 8/1, that's what I'm riding on, there are more losses than profits, but the profits outweigh the losses and give me a profit. It's as simple as that.

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
This probability can also be negative, in which case the reward becomes a punishment. Therefore, the usual understanding of the meaning of 'work' as a source of income is not acceptable here. Something else needs to be invented to adequately assess and characterise this occupation. Apparently, the closest thing to it is the word "prospector" - work with an outcome that is not known in advance.
I absolutely agree.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I have 0.4pp + $1 commission on 0.1 lot. I have takeaways to stop at least 3/1, sometimes 8/1, that's how I get out, there are more losses than profits, but the profits offset the losses and make a profit. Everything is very simple.
You can't go far with losses, if you have them it means you need to change something

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I have 0.4pp + $1 commission on 0.1 lot. I have take outs to stop at least 3/1, sometimes 8/1, that's what I do, there are more losses than profits, but profits overlap losses and give profit. It's very simple.

Basically, yes. It's the same in this respect. At 40/60 it more than covers the losses. At 30/70 I haven't tried it, probably a bit worse, but not critical.

Once again I recalculated the costs for a 0.1 lot quid trade, it turns out to be 0.023% of the lot or $2.282. With 1/200 leverage that would be 4.56% of GO.

On the exchange (futures) it turns out that the cost per transaction of equivalent value will be less.

Alexey Busygin:
You can't go far on moose, if you have them, it means you have to change something.
I am not going to argue because it is senseless. The important thing is that i am trading on the black market now. my last loss was in 2011 and i lost it because i did not get the pivot, i was waiting for it to happen. I don't do it anymore, neat and hard short stops are saving the situation and giving a profit. To each his own, there is always a choice.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I am not going to argue, because it makes no sense. The important thing is that while I'm trading on the plus side, and the last lost deposit was in 2011, and I lost it because I didn't set a loss, I was waiting for the reversal, but it wasn't there. I don't do it anymore, neat and hard short stops are saving the situation and giving a profit. My personal choice is always there.
That's how it is. I've got a similar case somewhere in 2011 with gold. It was going up, I dropped it and went shopping. I came back after midnight and it turned out to be a 3-day holiday in Russia (I traded on FORTS). And for 3 days I was watching how it was going down, and I couldn't do anything with it. Although, even a stop would not help. Stops don't work on holidays.)

Yuriy Asaulenko:
That's right. I had a similar case somewhere in 2011 with gold too. It was going up well, so I dropped it and went shopping. I returned after midnight, and it turned out to be a 3-day holiday in Russia (I traded on the FORTS). And for 3 days I was watching how it was going down, and I couldn't do anything with it. Although, even a stop would not help. Stops do not work on holidays.)
No, I don't trade gold, I don't trade in oil, I cut off ruble, if this trade at NYSE or Nasdaq, then issuers do not exceed $20, all other things I have removed. I tried everything and understood that I was losing more than I was earning. I have also tried Sber, RTS - I did not like it, some movements are twitchy, so I have left something that is. I try Sberbank, RTS and RTS - did not like it, some kind of jumpy movements, so I have left the one I have.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I don't trade gold, I don't buy oil, I cut off ruble, if it is trading on NYSE, I buy only shares not higher than $20, all other things I have removed. I tried everything and understood that I was losing more than I was earning. I also tried Sber, RTS - I did not like them, they do not move very fast, so I have left them. I don't trade euro/dollar, as I trade this pair very seldom, sometimes with news, but mostly on critical market peaks, it is unpredictable and it takes my deposit away.

The RTS is a bad asset, I don't like it either. It's good for earning, by the way. But it is very tiring. I worked with it for three days and decided I don't need such a life).

Sber, I don't agree, is a good quiet asset. I also think it is a good asset that makes no fuss like RTS, everything goes smoothly, calmly, without any hurry.

I seldom work with Gold, when the movements are good.

I have decided that till Autumn there is nothing much to do on Forts, there are not so many people. I have a possibility to work with options. But there is not much movement either - Sberbank has been thinking about it for a week already and practically stands still.

Yuriy Asaulenko:
That's right. I had a similar case somewhere in 2011 with gold too. It was going up well, so I dropped it and went shopping. I returned after midnight, and it turned out to be a 3-day holiday in Russia (I traded on the FORTS). And for 3 days I was watching how it was going down, and I couldn't do anything with it. Although, even a stop would not help. Stops do not work on holidays.)
I do not know how it worked for you, if the exchange is working, then you must have access, regardless of your region. If the exchange is closed for the holidays, then you could not observe anything but gaps after the holidays. But here it is your own fault, you did not put stops before you went shopping.