Looking for patterns - page 261

apr73:

There is a nuance here, in my opinion, that we should use both the critical price level and the time limit, because Kolya Morzhov may knock before our allotted time.

The time limit entry is very interesting.

If we look at the problem specifically, we see that "entry by time" has nothing to do with the market itself... Neither does "critical level by price"..., which translates as "guessing the future events of the market"...

A better solution is actions that are directly related to the market itself... For example, a reversal of an indicator, tied to the price of an instrument, or a group of indicators...

Scammers

Serqey Nikitin:

If we look at the problem specifically, we see that "time entry" has nothing to do with the market itself ... Neither is "critical level in price"... which translates as "guessing future market events"...

A better solution is to act directly on the market itself... For example, a reversal of an indicator tied to the price of an instrument, or a group of indicators...

"Time entry" has nothing to do with the market itself... This is a very common misconception.

For some reason, most people always look for everything in price, but there are also time bifurcations.

By the critical level in price I mean the maximum drawdown of the deposit in %.

I do not use indicators of any kind, not at all.

Алексей Тарабанов:

I have to remind the distinguished participants that the topic is about the market and trading patterns, not about money (equity) growth trends.

Of course, the topic of drawing trend lines has become important, but there is only one problem - where to place the stop. Well, a take may be set anywhere but a stop?

Stop and Take are loss and profit, right?

The profit should be bigger.

That's why you have to know how to set a stop and a takeaway.

By the way, the value of the stop can be calculated.

For example, to buy, the trader believes that the exchange rate will rise. And if after dT time the rate nevertheless decreases, the trade should be closed (the initial hypothesis about growth is rejected)

the time of entering is known, the future volatility of the instrument is _approximately_ known, the critical rate of decrease (as well as the desired growth) is specified.
It is quite enough data to calculate the level and the moment from which it is "time to get hysterical" and minimize losses

Alexander_K:

Nowhere. The stop will find you.

The TS should only close unprofitable trades after a certain time and nothing else. Time is what should determine the stop, not the manually selected or calculated loss level.

You can also use an indicator. It is even better to use an indicator. In one case, the indicator will show that it is time to close after 12 hours, in another, after 240 hours.

apr73:

"timed entry" has nothing to do with the market itself... This is a very common misconception.

For some reason most people always look for everything in price, but there are also time bifurcations.

Under the critical level in price I understand the maximum drawdown of the deposit in %.

I do not use indicators of any kind, not at all.

Yes, you're right! You don't even have to look at the price chart, "at all"... Just flip a coin and open a position...

Serqey Nikitin:
Yes, you're right! You don't even have to look at the price chart, "from the word go"... Just flip a coin and open a position...

You could do that, but what's the coin got to do with it?

Speaking of the coin.

I have a coin-guessing intuition test lying around.

I suggest you test your ability to guess a random number. 0 or 1.

Files:

В поисках единства (Леннаучфильм)
В поисках единства (Леннаучфильм)
  • www.youtube.com
Фильм об явлениях и открытиях физики, биофизики, астрономии, других естественных наук и единства природы.
Reason: