Can't subscribe to live signal on demo acct? Why on earth restrict this? Makes no sense!

There is a problem with your service desk, when I try to post to it, I get an error. I will post my issue here instead and hopefully it will get answered.

<--- paste

Re problem subscribing to a signal on a demo account

Client Terminal Build and Version (32 or 64 bit)

64Bit, Build 765, V4.0

Problem description

I am trying to subscribe to a signal that is in Live mode (on a live account). I am trying to subscribe to it with a demo account. I have been able to do this in the past, however, I understand you have restricted this around Dec last year. I also read it in section 11 of your rules section under subscription. It seems that now, that one can only subscribe to signals in the same mode (live/demo) as the account setup to receive the signals.

My question is why would you do this. I cannot understand why anyone would restrict what can be traded in a demo account. I can understand to a degree why you would only demo signals to provide signals to demo accounts, but to restrict it the other way, seems silly to me. Perhaps I am missing something.

Why is this important? Well, in my case, I want to test a subscription prior to putting it on a live account and the subscription signal provider happens to have his signal on a live account. Surely, everyone would want to test a signal on a demo account prior to putting on a live account, even if only for a few days???!!! Makes zero sense to me, but perhaps I am missing something!?

Pls advise if you will reverse this new rule or not. If not, then I cannot see me using your service in future - sorry!

Sequence of action

As above really. Tried to subscribe to a live signal on a demo account

Obtained result

Cannot subscribe

Expected result

To be able to subscribe

Additional details

I do not understand this restriction, surely all would want to be able to subscribe to signals, regardless of on a live acct or a demo one, especially if the signal is provided on a live account and costs money (another restriction that doesn't make sense, must charge if signal provided happens to be on a live account!).

---> paste

Steve - what error are you getting when contacting service desk? Working fine for me. If you can let me know the options you selected and maybe a screen shot of the error, I will pass on to the Admins.

Filter:
Steve - what error are you getting when contacting service desk? Working fine for me. If you can let me know the options you selected and maybe a screen shot of the error, I will pass on to the Admins.
Hi filter, I tested it again just now and it worked fine for me as well, I perhaps had too many "", !! and ??? punctuation marks in my posting and perhaps it was too long or something. Perhaps that caused the error. But, yes, ok for me again this time. Options I selected was mql4 and suggestion

morton247:
Hi filter, I tested it again just now and it worked fine for me as well, I perhaps had too many "", !! and ??? punctuation marks in my posting and perhaps it was too long or something. Perhaps that caused the error. But, yes, ok for me again this time. Options I selected was mql4 and suggestion
No problems mate, glad to hear it's sorted. Please let me know how you get on.

Filter:
No problems mate, glad to hear it's sorted. Please let me know how you get on.
Just realised you are a fellow Aussie. The "mate" gave it away :-)

hehehehe, usually does mate ;)

Does anyone know if this is the case or not - regarding the not allowing of demo accts to subscribe to signals on live accounts? I've lodged this on the service desk and was told by someone there that this isn't restricted, although it is in the rules, they don't restrict. however, I have again tried to subscribe to a signal that is published on a live account, I am trying to subscribe on my mt4 demo acct (I want to test on a demo acct before I put on my live acct). I don't get the ability to subscribe to live signals, only demo ones. if I change to my live acct, I can subscribe to them.

It doesn't make sense, why this would be restricted.

If anyone knows that this restriction has been imposed, pls advise.

morton247:

Does anyone know if this is the case or not - regarding the not allowing of demo accts to subscribe to signals on live accounts? I've lodged this on the service desk and was told by someone there that this isn't restricted, although it is in the rules, they don't restrict. however, I have again tried to subscribe to a signal that is published on a live account, I am trying to subscribe on my mt4 demo acct (I want to test on a demo acct before I put on my live acct). I don't get the ability to subscribe to live signals, only demo ones. if I change to my live acct, I can subscribe to them.

It doesn't make sense, why this would be restricted.

If anyone knows that this restriction has been imposed, pls advise.

It used to be written in the rules but not enforced. It is now officially 100% enforced, the change happened around November/December last year. There are still one or two old signals floating around that for some reason have bypassed the rule but 99% of signals are locked to either demo or live accounts

Filter:
It used to be written in the rules but not enforced. It is now officially 100% enforced, the change happened around November/December last year. There are still one or two old signals floating around that for some reason have bypassed the rule but 99% of signals are locked to either demo or live accounts

Thanks filter, I know you told me this above. I lodged this in the service desk and whoever I was talking to said it wasn't enforced. After 5 days of sending him copied of my journal and images, finally, he admitted that it was enforced, but he told me it would be corrected in the next build of mt4??? I hope this silly restriction does get removed, because it makes no sense.

Anyway thanks filter, i wish you worked for the customer support here, would have saved me 5 days.

Cheers mate! 

morton247:

Thanks filter, I know you told me this above. I lodged this in the service desk and whoever I was talking to said it wasn't enforced. After 5 days of sending him copied of my journal and images, finally, he admitted that it was enforced, but he told me it would be corrected in the next build of mt4??? I hope this silly restriction does get removed, because it makes no sense.

Anyway thanks filter, i wish you worked for the customer support here, would have saved me 5 days.

Cheers mate! 

No worries mate. Sorry I couldn't remember if it was you or someone else I'd told that to recently. We get lots of the same questions daily ;) Very interesting to hear about the "correction" in the next version....??!!

And sometimes I wish I worked for the customer support too. Trust me, mods don't get answers any quicker than you do!

Hi, I also have a problem to login with any account (create a new or my old demo account) if someone can help me please it will be great!

Thanks in advance!

nick

Reason: