Which instruments to trade at Otkritie

I decided to start studying stock and futures trading, opened a demo account with Otkritie and I can't understand how many instruments there are, but only 9 of them really work.

I don't understand when the rest of them will start working, when I open a real account or what?

Maybe someone has a bigger number of instruments, but mine is just like on the screenshot?

Files:
nothing.jpg  704 kb

look at the date of the contracts - the ones that are not quoted have already expired. In case you are not aware, a futures contract has an expiry date.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:
Look at the date of the contracts - those that are not quoted have already expired. In case you're not aware, a futures contract has an expiry date.

I am new to this (since last Friday), can you tell me where exactly in the MT5 terminal to look for this date?

In the Symbols window the expiry date is 2016.09.15.

I don't understand why it doesn't work, what to do, where to look?

Files:
symbols.jpg  344 kb

pusheax:

I am new to this (since last Friday), can you tell me where exactly in the MT5 terminal to look for this date?

In the Symbols window the expiry date is 2016.09.15.

Man, I don't understand why it doesn't work, what to do, where to look?

Well, in the names of the sims and look (tickets), is the month and the year of expiry of the contract. First read the information about futures.

What you have on the last screenshot - it should quote, 6.16 expiration, ie after this date will be the transition to a new contract 9.16. In other words, each contract lives 3 months, then switching to a new one.

In general, do not hesitate to call the opening managers and ask any questions, it is their direct duty to answer them :)

Reading this broker's Otkritie FAQ here.

quote:

Demo account
2. What instruments/markets are available on a demo account? Are the quotes on demo account different from the real ones? How long can I use a demo account?

Instruments such as stocks, bonds, futures are available to you. Quotes on demo account are different from real market ones, because the main purpose of demo account is to teach you how to use the trading platform...

How much are the quotes on a demo account in MT5 different from the real ones?

Is it even possible to develop profitable Expert Advisors on these quotes?

pusheax:

I'm reading this broker's Otkritie FAQ here.

Quotation:

Demo account
2. What instruments/markets are available on a demo account? Are the quotes on demo account different from the real ones? How long can I use a demo account?

Instruments such as stocks, bonds, futures are available to you. Quotes on demo account are different from real market ones, because the main purpose of demo account is to teach you how to use the trading platform...

How much different are the quotes on demo account in MT5 from the real market?

Can you develop profitable Expert Advisors on these quotes at all?

No, you cannot. You can only work out the mechanics of Expert Advisors. The correctness of the entries/exits.

pusheax:

I'm reading this broker's Otkritie FAQ here.

quote:

Demo account

How much are the quotes on demo account in MT5 different from the real ones?

Is it possible to develop profitable Expert Advisors on these quotes at all?

read... the quotes on demo account differ from the real ones because we are so stupid we can't even do a proper price quote on demo :)

They have a lot of income from your commissions. but we will never make a normal demo account, and will not allow simultaneous access to stocks and futures, we will also charge them extra commission.

In general, I think that if they are different, then not very much. They give the demo for one month only, and even then you have to register on the site and then the manager starts to call and write letters. In short "all for people". In bx demo indefinite, you can open it there.

Can I do this then:

Open a real account and put a very small amount of money into it, which is not enough to open even one contract.

Will I have access to real quotes and will I be able to test the Expert Advisor with real data in strategy tester mode?

pusheax:

Can I do this then:

Open a real account and put a very small amount of money into it, not even enough to open one contract.

Will I have access to real quotes and will I be able to test the Expert Advisor on real data in strategy tester mode?
You may not need to invest anything at all, just open a real account.

Vasiliy Sokolov:

No, you can't. You can only practice the mechanics of experts. The correctness of the inputs/outputs.

Thanks for the reply, so I'll wait until they start broadcasting real quotes on a demo account - then I'll continue.

Some brokers charge a fee for each copy of the terminal. For example, on the bx website it says that if you have less than 30k in your account, they will charge you 300 roubles a month. They also charge a fee for an extra terminal.
Reason: