a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 107

Consolidation, it's called. And wads of wool fly under the rug. :)

You know that the effectiveness of an indicator or expert is inversely proportional to its prevalence :)

I think this statement is wrong. All indicators have always shown exactly what the calculation part is based on, which doesn't depend on the scale of its use. Therefore, the concept of "efficiency" as such cannot be applied to it.
I think that this opinion is caused by people who try to use publicly available Expert Advisors in their own country, often without even bothering to take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of the idea it represents. Naturally, publicly available Expert Advisors are most likely just examples of programming in mql4, rather than a means of making money on Forex.

That's why everyone should ride their own bike!

Well, you are right about that!

Вы знаете что эффективность индикатора или эксперта обратно пропорциональна его распространенности :)

I don't think this statement is correct. Any indicator has always shown and will always show exactly what it has in its calculation part, which does not depend in any way on the extent of its use.
I think this opinion is caused by people who try to use publicly available indicators for their own purposes, often without understanding the advantages and disadvantages of the idea implemented in them. Naturally, the publicly available EAs are most likely just examples of programming in mql4, rather than tools for making money on Forex.

That's why everyone should ride their bike!

Well, you are right about that!

If the EA is widespread enough to influence behaviour of a large mass of traders, the market will change its behaviour and will play in the opposite direction from the main crowd, so the value of the EA will reduce to 0...

Do you agree that everyone cannot win? Total wins cannot be greater than total losses....
What do you think, what would happen if you give all traders in the world your EA or, say, Vladislav's one? Would they still be profitable or would their characteristics change regardless of the invariability of the mathematical algorithm?
All because the market is a self-adaptive system, do not forget that

Hmm, strange. For some reason the terminal on the MQ demo server is holding 2 connections and the second one is already 6MB in the morning and 4MB gone. The terminal of the other server doesn't show anything like that.

Hmm, strange. For some reason the terminal on the MQ demo server is holding 2 connections and the second one is already 6MB in the morning and 4MB gone. The terminal of the other server doesn't show anything like that.

This problem occurs from time to time for me and for someone else.
I raised the topic, someone else more stubborn also tried to achieve something.
So far there is no result, the developers brushed off and respond formally.
I don't know what testing methodology to offer to somehow replicate their effect.
I haven't understood why it occurs and then disappears on its own. But it's a problem of the terminal.

Хм, странно. Почему-то терминал демо-сервера MQ держит 2 соединения и по второму с утра уже пришло 6 МБ, и ушло 4 Мб. Терминал другого сервера ничего такого не демонстрирует.

This problem arises from time to time for me and for someone else. I have raised the subject, and someone even more stubborn has also tried to achieve something. So far there has been no result, the developers are waving it off and answering formally. I don't know what testing methodology to offer to somehow replicate their effect. I haven't understood why it occurs and then disappears on its own. But it's a problem of the terminal.

This is the second time I've noticed it. The first time I mistakenly entered parameters leading to unreal time of calculation, then I removed the terminal and immediately made a mistake again by re-running the terminal without changing the Expert Advisor's executable file. I never waited for "resurfacing" of the terminal, but the second connection worked and the traffic was of the same order. Since this type of indicator is a heavy load on the machine, may be, the terminal glitches under overload conditions?

By the way, P.S. at the top of the page was added just for you :)

What do you think will happen if you or Vladislav's Expert Advisor is issued to absolutely all traders in the world? Would they still be profitable or would their characteristics change regardless of the invariability of the mathematical algorithm? <br/ translate="no"> All because the market is a self-adaptive system, do not forget that

There is no point in discussing unlikely things. There will never be one expert in Forex for everyone and the opinion of the crowd will never be absolutely straightforward and unambiguous. The movements of the Forex market consist of two components - this is an economic situation, which, by a simple flow of capital from one currency to another due to import-export operations between countries, has a long-term influence on the ratio of exchange rates, and the second is a speculative component, on which the game takes place and which we are going to catch by our expert. An expert is not an expert! On the other hand, we have an Expert Advisor that is based on the methods of matstatistics and accurately evaluates the current market situation, and it does not depend on what the quotes were in 1989 for example. That is, the Expert Advisor triggers when the conditions for entering the market according to matstatistics methods are formed and not when some oscillator shows the value at which the market has usually moved in the necessary direction, for example during the last year. So even if we imagine a hypothetical situation, when everyone has one expert, it will only lead to determining the function of speculative games on Forex, because the fundamental component of the market will not disappear. I think that determining the speculative influence on the Forex market can only lead to a simplification of profits, not the other way round! Of course, one can argue here that if there is not a TOLL itself, then the price won't bounce around the direction set by the economic component. The only thing that can be said is that the amount of money in the world can be assumed to be roughly constant, but it will in any case require a flow from one currency to another. In this case these flows of currencies will also be subject to the laws of matstatistics. I can only assume that the price will simply move more smoothly and slowly and the number of deals will decrease, but the duration of their retention will increase and accordingly the profit will be higher.

ЗЗЫ Я тогда предлагал выложить для взаимопроверки правильности расчетов СКО файлы, но сам не смог этого сделать в силу некоторых обстоятельств. В эти выходные могу, кому надо - скажите, уточните метод расчета (тип цены) и метод вычисления размаха (по High и Low или родные цены) и тайм-фрейм.

Let's have a look. I suggest Eurodollar, M30, for 1000 bars (not to bloat the file), at (H+L)/2, not sure about the spread, but better at native prices.

Oh and one more subtlety on the metaquotes quotes.

ЗЗЫ Я тогда предлагал выложить для взаимопроверки правильности расчетов СКО файлы, но сам не смог этого сделать в силу некоторых обстоятельств. В эти выходные могу, кому надо - скажите, уточните метод расчета (тип цены) и метод вычисления размаха (по High и Low или родные цены) и тайм-фрейм.

Давайте посмотрим. Предлагаю по евродоллар, М30, на 1000 баров(чтоб файл не раздувать), по (H+L)/2, на счет размаха не очень понял, но лучше по родным ценам.

Oh, and one more subtlety on metaquotes quotes.

Hmmm... got it, I was wrong about the method of calculating the spread, it only applies to the Hearst figure.

2 Candid And here's the current picture I have, no channels upwards (built by Clozes).

2 Candid
By the way, P.S. at the top of the page was added just for you :)

Thanks, I appreciated it. I especially liked the line that got to 46. Only pity I couldn't find a channel that matched it.

PS By the way, maybe someone knows. I suddenly started getting a message in my inbox from MetaQuotes for every new post in this thread. Why is it suddenly ? How do I get rid of it ?
Reason: