a trading strategy based on Elliott Wave Theory - page 106

I downloaded Fichtenholz's three-volume book from this link
http://rapidshare.de/files/13559279/Fihtengolc.rar.html
(Instructions for downloading the file are here http://www.mirknig.com/static/rapidshare_download.html )

The Smirnov multi-volume book and many other good books on mathematics, including Fichtenholz, can be downloaded at this link http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/ru/library/mathematics/calculus.htm.

I had a quick look at these books and found them useful for solving the potential energy problem.
http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/ru/library/books/kantorovich1972.djvu
http://eqworld.ipmnet.ru/ru/library/books/kantorovich1972.djvu
In these books the authors also use the notion of potential when solving various optimization problems in economics. Although it is possible that besides general notions the problems being solved have nothing in common.

By the way, if anyone is interested, I started to remember the formulation of the deflection boom problem.
Given: wooden bar (I calculated it) with length L, width and height (to get the volume)
Also given the density and some linear expansion coefficient k.
One end of the bar is fixed, under its own weight the bar deforms. Find the formula reflecting the relation between deflector S, length L and coefficient k

PS Thick hint: One end of the channel at Vladislava is fixed :)

<br / translate="no"> Regarding channel kinetic energy, I don't know how to count it for forex and whether it makes any sense for it. The area of existence and nature of this energy is quite different from forex, but that's my understanding.

No, it does not. In the sense for the channel it does not need to be counted and has no physical meaning. Kinetic energy is possessed by a mechanism, in mechanics terms. That is a dynamic system (in a broader sense). If to apply to the statement of the current, kinetic energy is a property of the ball rolling on the surface, the property of the surface will be potential energy, which will be a limit for the kinetic energy of the ball. THAT IS, THE BALL CANNOT HAVE MORE KINETIC ENERGY THAN THE SURFACE CAN TRANSFER TO IT. To make it even simpler, the channel does not and cannot have kinetic energy. And the ball or the surface+ball system does. As a consequence, the static equilibrium equation of the system is not fulfilled (aka potential energy equation of the surface). NON-POTENTIAL components (constituting kinetic energy of the ball, dissipation costs, temperature changes, etc.) make a very significant contribution to the equilibrium equation . Then it becomes necessary to take into account non-potential forces (such as inertia, dissipation) in the system. Here appears the inertial term in equation of equilibrium, if dissipation is large (what is often called hysteresis loop), then it becomes necessary to introduce terms with odd derivatives (otherwise they can be neglected) and solution in general goes beyond academic problems and has no analytical solution (unambiguous). So, taking into account all these additional factors again makes the equation of balance true (or at least reduces the error in the equation to the level of errors of the method of calculation ;)). ). So, we get an equation of an oscillating system (diff. parabolic, second order if without dissipation). It also has a solution in quadratic forms (the complex form may be used, if one is interested in Fourier analysis, i.e. Garmonics. Here, however, do not forget about the restrictions on the periodicity of the function you are trying to decompose into a Fourier series, however, there is a transformation of the coordinate system). Except that the solution will no longer have the property of potentiality ;). But still the TOTAL ENERGY OF THE WHOLE SYSTEM WILL BE LIMITED TO THE POTENTIAL ENERGY OF THE SUBJECT.

2Solandr - IMHO you are unlikely to get an answer at the Faculty of Mechanics - they are mostly theoreticians, while this is a problem of applied mathematics (I would even say mataphysics). In any case good luck.

I'll see, now I wonder how it all ends.

Good luck and good trends.

2 Vladislav
I'll see, now I wonder how it ends.

Are you talking about the Mechmate? I think there's a more interesting process.

That's what it takes to get people excited about pure science! :-)
It's amazing, people need 3 volumes of Fichtenholz's book. And every volume there is 500 pp.
Can you imagine if this method (I mean Forex games :) is introduced in a country's universities?
We could rip off the whole world and make everybody smart... I am scared.

An interesting situation. I am displaying some characteristic for the channels in the indicator, which (in my happy dreams :) ) should show their quality. And now I have a situation when price goes along the border of a channel with a bad (and moreover unstable) characteristic (ideally, it should equal 1). Of course, the result of a single test means little, just curious.

Can you imagine if this method (I mean Forex trading :) were introduced in the country's universities? <br / translate="no"> Not only will we rob the whole world blind, but everyone will be smart... It is scary.

I totally agree!:o) When people see what is needed in the real world for what they study, there is a completely different incentive than just getting away from the upcoming session somehow, and then happily forget everything completely.

I remembered yesterday that I put up a variant of the indicator with probabilities online. I'll post a picture too.
ZZY The similarity of the wrong channels is striking :)

I offered to post the files for mutual verification of correctness of SKR calculations, but I failed to do it myself due to some circumstances. This weekend I can, who needs it - tell me the calculation method (price type) and the method of calculation of the spread (by High and Low or native prices) and the timeframe.
As I have LR and parabola RMS close in some areas, I am 99% sure of the correctness of their calculation algorithm.

ZZZY I suggested then to post files for mutual verification of correctness of SCE calculations, but I could not do it myself due to some circumstances. This weekend I can, who needs it - tell me, specify the calculation method (price type) and the method of calculating the spread (by High and Low or native prices) and the timeframe.

Let's have a look. I propose for Eurodollar, M30, for 1000 bars (not to blow up the file), for (H+L)/2, about the spread, not very clear, but better at native prices.

Представляете, если этот метод (я имею в виду игру на форексе :) внедрить в вузах страны.
Мало того, что весь мир обдерем как липку, так еще и умные все будут ... аж страшно.

I totally agree!:o) When people see what is needed in the real world for what they are studying, there is a completely different incentive than just getting away from an upcoming session and then forgetting everything safely.

Yeah :)) You know that the effectiveness of an indicator or expert is inversely proportional to its prevalence :)
That's why everyone has to ride their own bike!

And here is the sequel - instead of two wide upward channels, one narrow one was formed.

P.S. The characteristic was intended as a measure of the equilibrium situation in the channel.
Reason: