An interesting game - who can understand from transaction history how an advisor works - page 9

I completely agree about the need for stops, but they are not necessary when testing on the demo. Then I will set them on the real account with a maximum drawdown of +10-15 points.

sanctus >> :
I completely agree about the need for stops, but they are not necessary when testing on the demo. Then I will set them on the real account with a maximum drawdown of +10-15 pips.

I also do so, adding stops is the last step in strategy development (imho).

And I always use stops even in a demo, because demo servers crash from time to time, at least much more often than real ones, and then you have to sit by the state and think what is it, maybe the system didn't work, maybe it worked sloppily, or maybe something else is wrong, and because systems run for a month minimum and all information about trades is written in the log, then it is very boring to search these logs ))

If you do not know what deals the stop would be triggered in your mind, then you may be wrong.

StSpirit >> :

And also to look at the system parameters on the state, keeping in mind on which trades the stop would be triggered imho wrong.

I meant a little different - after testing on the demo, find a trade with the biggest drawdown, and add another 10-15 points to calculate the safety stop, which will be on the real.

sanctus >> :

I meant a little different - after testing on the demo, find the trade with the biggest drawdown, and add another 10-15 pips to calculate the safety stop, which will be on the real.

For some reason I thought it was a fixed stop system, sorry. I just adjusted my system to stop because my calculations have to be done in my head and fast (scalper system with possible change to medium term) and I simply have no time to calculate how much lot to enter in case my stop is not a constant, my brain got tired and got mixed up.

Do you use pivots?

sts70 >> :
Do you use pivots?

I do, but only indirectly. The main principle of TC is not about them.

what is the global point of your system? )

Until someone figures it out, I won't admit it)

so you have a couple of indicators, pivots, and different timeframes right?
Reason: