Tick chart (proposals) - page 2

Renat Akhtyamov:
so there are no plug-ins and all the ticks are real, right?

Read something competent about pricing.

fxsaber:

Read something competent about pricing.

if i am right logically, then why should i read?

i was recently comparing forex prices to the stock market

alas - they turned out to be very different...

so in forex at the moment i do not see the point of not only ticks but also their analysis

but there's no point in laughing at the man.

he needs a tick chart with all the details like on other TFs.

and i would do the same, you never know...

time goes on and MT is getting cooler and cooler

I've looked at other platforms for the sake of interest

nothing really caught my fancy or made me want to switch.

so...

with all that goes with it.

fxsaber:

The stock exchange will laugh at you. Everyone there can create quotation ticks.

A swarm of questions...

What stock exchange? What does the stock exchange have to do with it? Who is "anyone"? And why would he create quote ticks?

On an exchange, real volumes may not match tick volumes either. И?...

But it was originally about MT5 and forex, and there is a connection between real and tick volumes.

Renat Akhtyamov:

I was recently comparing forex prices with the stock exchange

alas - they were very different...

You will be even more surprised when you find out that there is no unified price on the forex market either)

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/284779#comment_9084103

DOM & RealVolume [Стакан заявок - реальные объемы]
DOM & RealVolume [Стакан заявок - реальные объемы]
  • www.mql5.com
Господа, может кто нибудь внятно объяснить, связь между объемами лимитников в стакане и той цифрой которая зовется реальным объемом...

SemenTalonov:

You will be even more surprised when you find out that there is no single price in forex either)

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/284779#comment_9084103

No, I'm not surprised, these puzzles have already been solved by me.

in forex the tick volume is identical to the amount of change in price per bar

the only reason for the difference is that in different brokerage companies the open time of a bar may differ by a fraction of a second, during which price movements may occur

While the kotir is running, you can verify the tick volume - count the amount of price change on a one-minute bar for example and make sure it equals the volume.

SemenTalonov:

Question swarm...

There are plenty of venues on the forex market where you can be a price giver. For example, LMAX, which is used as a quotation source by a huge number of DCs.

Renat Akhtyamov:

No, I wouldn't be surprised, these puzzles have already been solved by me.

on forex, the tick volume is identically equal to the amount of price change per bar

the volumes may be different only because in different brokerage companies the open time of a bar may differ by a fraction of a second, during which the price moves may occur

As long as the kotir is running, you can verify the tick volume - calculate the amount of price change on a one minute bar for example and make sure it equals the volume.

The thing is that "different" brokerage companies may be connected to the same liquidity provider. And will +/- broadcast the same volumes/prices.

I suggest to go higher and compare quotes from different liquidity providers.

The tick volume is where all quotations go. Including without price changes. Right now in MT5 this is particularly visible. It's just that a large volume is broken down to the minimum for the tick, I can't explain it otherwise.

SemenTalonov:

The point is that "different" DCs may be connected to the same liquidity provider. And will +/- broadcast the same volumes/prices.

I suggest to go higher and compare quotes from different liquidity providers.

The tick volume is where all quotations go. Including without price changes. Right now in MT5 this is particularly visible. It's just the high volume being crushed into the minimum for the tick, I can't explain it any other way.

Oooh.

If you do not know what to do with arbitrage, you may ask Maxim, he is experienced in this case and he will explain you better.

I'm just not interested in such strategies due to some well-known reasons.

fxsaber:

There are plenty of venues on the forex market where you can be a price giver. For example, LMAX, which is used as a quotation source by a huge number of VCs.

So the previous message should have been understood as, - DCs distort the supplier's data? Why?

95% of traders are losing, DTs don't need their own pockets to cover open positions of their clients.

That's why the easiest way is just to send the quotes of the Provider as they are, with the same prices and the same volumes.

SemenTalonov:

So the previous message should have been understood as, - DCs are misrepresenting supplier data? Why?

Get your own education. Another branch of the experts. Out.

Reason: