FORTS Please help - page 13

Mikalas:

Good afternoon!

So a SECOND in electronic trading is not time?

You are using the indicator again. You have been told repeatedly in this thread that the indicator does NOT wait for data to be ready. Either it is there and you get a result immediately, or it is not there and you get an error.

You cannot trade from an indicator. You need an Expert Advisor or a script for that. You can ask for indicator data in Expert Advisor_Script, but in Expert Advisor you can prepare this data for the indicator.

antt:
A second from the start, i.e. once at the start. "No time."

Good evening!

You're probably not reading carefully what I'm writing about.

A second, when loading the indicator - really not so bad, BUT

In low-liquid instruments the ticks come seldom, the time series is unloaded from the memory

and the process of obtaining data starts from the very beginning (with server login).

alexvd:

You are using the indicator again. You have been told many times in this thread that the indicator is NOT waiting for data to be ready. Either it is there and you get results immediately, or it is not there and you get an error.

You cannot trade from an indicator. You need an Expert Advisor or a script for this. In Expert Advisor you can request the indicator data, but in Expert Advisor you can prepare this data for the indicator.

In my example add buffer filling (e.g. close).

Run the indicator on multiple symbols, wait 30-40 minutes (usually much less)

and you will see what happens.

Dear Gentlemen DEVELOPERS!

You are not the defendants and I'm not a prosecutor!

I DON'T INDICT YOU FOR ANYTHING - as you did, so you did it!!!

But from my point of view, AS USER OF YOUR products,

the implementation of data acquisition would be well worth reconsidering.

(and whether you will do it or not is up to your conscience).

I'm not a professional programmer, but I'm not a "pedal pusher" either.

I've been in the "business" (IT) since 1980. In 2000 I was one of the developers of

"CD-Guard copy protection system", which was sold to

StarForce (CD/DVD copy protection.

Anyone who has played computer games since 2000 must

know about this protection).

So I know firsthand how to develop

of a serious software product.

And I'm 100% convinced that my words are true.

If there are indicators in your product, they must

work properly and quickly, without errors!

What do you see in my WISHING?

That I am stating EVERYTHING?

alexvd:

How to reproduce?

Terminal connected to open, history on all symbols deleted from disk before start-up

Indicator log from the moment of start

As you can see in less than a second from the moment of start the symbol data became available to the indicator.

The data needs to be loaded, not loaded. Apparently and the mechanism of subloading to lay down? Lawyer).

I am also asking for help on Forst. Can you tell me if it is possible to set up charts using MT5 (screenshots below) and test on history. Thank you very much.

These are the charts of yesterday's trades

Top to bottom as shown on the charts. These are all 1 min candlesticks.

1. MICEX

2. füch Si

3. füch Ri

4. open interest Ri

5. Two charts. Number of sellers/buyers Ri

And the second graph

Also 1 min.

1. the stock of the Uber.

2. SRM5.

3. open interest SRM5

4. Two SRM5 charts number of sellers/buyers.

Thanks in advance for your help and detailed description of what can, what can't work. If you need help how to set this up in Quick or what it is. Skype me to show and tell me about it.

Mikalas:

Good evening!

You're probably not reading carefully what I'm writing about.

A second, when loading the indicator - really not so bad, BUT

In low-liquid instruments the ticks come seldom, the time series is unloaded from the memory

and the data retrieval process starts from the beginning (with server login).

So we are talking about a special case, the indicator requesting the history of the other symbols on the low-liquid instrument. If the problem is in time series unloading from the memory by timeout, then it must be solved.

There are two ways to do it:

1) increase frequency of data accesses (use timer event or user events),

2) completely eliminate the unloading of the timeseries cache (chart or indicator by timeseries).

If there are indicators in your product, they should work correctly and quickly, without errors!

What do you see in my wishes?

That I am saying EXPRESSLY obvious things?

The indicators are working correctly, i.e. "as designed". I will briefly repeat the essence. There are peculiarities of the performance of indicators associated with the architectural solutions of the platform. These features should be known and taken into account in programming. The questions of access to the history data are described in details in the Help: organization of access to the data.

Your wishes are heard and answered. Indicators will not make synchronous requests, i.e. approach "I called the function here, let it return the data, I know for sure it is there" works only in Expert Advisors. Obviously, this complicates the program code in your particular case, but it is a compromise, a payment for saving resources.

Prival-2:

I am also asking for help on Forst. Can you tell me if it is possible to set up charts using MT5 (screenshots below) and test on history. Thank you very much.

These are yesterday's trading charts

Help)) Yes, you can (picture below).

antt:

So we are talking about a special case, the indicator requesting the history of the other symbols on the low-liquid instrument. If the problem is in time series unloading from the memory by timeout, it should be solved.

There are two ways to do it:

1) increase frequency of data accesses (use timer event or custom events),

2) completely eliminate the unloading of the timeseries cache (chart or indicator by timeseries).

Indicators work properly, i.e. "as designed". I will briefly repeat the essence. There are peculiarities of the performance of indicators, associated with the architectural solutions of the platform. These features must be known and taken into account in programming. The questions of access to the history data are described in details in the Help: organization of access to the data.

Your wishes are heard and answered. Indicators will not make synchronous requests, i.e. approach "I called the function here, let it return the data, I know for sure it is there" works only in Expert Advisors. Obviously, this complicates the program code in your particular case, but it is a compromise, a payment for saving resources.

Thank you.

Dima_S:

Helpful)) Yes, you can (picture below).

Thank you. Can you expand on the answer a little bit.

1. the fact that the data shown in the first screenshot is already good (great). And the other data (screenshot 2) is also possible (stock vs. futures) ?

2. the indicator at the bottom of the TotalOrder, it collects information real time or pulls it from the exchange (the exchange transmits this data) ?

3) If you turn off the terminal for a while and then turn it on, in the OM and the number of buyers / sellers will be a hole or the data will be downloaded automatically?

4 And the most important question, is it possible to conduct a test on the history? Is all this information available for history test ?

More thanks in advance.

Prival-2:

Is the other data (screen #2) also available (stock vs. futures there) ?

Not yet.

I am interested in this question too. I am waiting for the broker to connect the quotation stream for the stock section. Because it will be difficult to do without all the depth of the stock for full-fledged trading in futures.

And access to the market data on absolutely all instruments of the Moscow Exchange should be made from a single terminal. If you want to view the futures - open a terminal with an Forts account, and if you want to view the foreign exchange section - open a terminal with foreign exchange (for now - so). /And then you have to think how to pull one chart from another terminal and attach it to the first one for joint analysis. This is no way to do it.

But, this year metaquotes are promised to connect all sections and the quotes of all sections will be accessible from any terminal of the broker, regardless of the account section.

When that happens I will be fully satisfied )

Reason: