Chats on mql5.community - page 16

Vladimir Pastushak:

Maybe I don't understand something ? Please clarify...

Just don't use this function.

But someone who cares about security has an easy way to remove old correspondence.

We will remove 1 hour, the minimum time limit will be 1 day. The second party will be notified by MetaQuotes ID about the limit. The second party may remove the limit.

About security: we have the whole set in security, including trusted IP addresses and two-factor authentication.

Renat Fatkhullin:

We will remove 1 hour, the minimum time limit will be 1 day. The second party will be notified by MetaQuotes ID of the limit. The second party can remove the limit.

In this case, the deletion should not be triggered immediately, but you should have a time margin of at least 1 day. Filter "week" was set and all messages were filtered out in 5-10 minutes.

And another thing - a banned user can't write in private - so he can't disable deletion?

What is the point of private messages now? After all, correspondence can be taken down at any time? It made sense to archive old threads of correspondence, but allowing either side of the chat room to take down live, fresh, active correspondence is wrong.

In protest, I am tearing down absolutely all correspondence in private messages.

Karputov Vladimir:
In protest, I'm tearing down absolutely all correspondence in private messages.

Yeah, let's all go to extremes, developers and forum users alike.

Let's just think about it and work out a compromise solution that will suit everyone.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

Yeah, let's all go to extremes, developers and forum users alike.

Let's just think about it and work out a compromise solution that will suit everyone.

Why not? It's a great demonstration that the user (the average user) has been given a powerful weapon.

Karputov Vladimir:
And why shouldn't it be? It's a great demonstration that the user (the average user) has been given a powerful weapon in his hands.

That sounds like nonsense to me. To break is not to build.

For me, for example, correspondence is important because customers come back years later and you have to understand whether there was a dialogue before or not.

Of course, if I have to delete it all or have someone else do it for me, it's kind of a wake-up call.

So long as the MC has decided that this is the best and right thing to do, then private chat no longer serves as a safe place for discussion. Agreements will have to be mostly discussed on the side: Skype, mail. What is the way out?

The MCs, I understand, consider and are developing the private room into a place for chitchat. Well, that's their vision. For me, the private room is a place to discuss orders, which with the introduction of one-way deletion of correspondence, is no longer so.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

That sounds stupid to me. To break is not to build.

For me, for example, correspondence is important because customers come back years later and you have to understand whether there was a dialogue before or not.

Of course, if I have to delete it all or have someone else do it for me, it's kind of a wake-up call.

So long as the MC has decided that this is the best and right thing to do, then private chat no longer serves as a safe place for discussion. Agreements will have to be mostly discussed on the side: Skype, mail. What is the way out?

The MCs, I understand, consider and are developing the private room into a place for chitchat. Well, that's their vision. For me, the private room is a place to discuss orders, which with the introduction of unilateral deletion of correspondence, is no longer so.

Private messages are no longer a guaranteed repository of correspondence. Either party can now delete all correspondence at any time. It remains to do away with private correspondence altogether and put all discussions on the forum or in the works.

Andrey F. Zelinsky:

That sounds stupid to me. To break is not to build.

The MCs, I understand, consider and are developing the private room into a place for chitchat. Well, that's their vision. For me, private is a place to discuss orders, which with the introduction of the one-way deletion of correspondence, is no longer so.

I'm sensing a backlash - judge the freelance order discussion in your correspondence.

Actually, a joke comes to mind:

• Our company policy is that we don't give refunds...
  • So you didn't even give me the goods...
  • Sorry, that's the policy...

Well, for what it's worth, it's all broken now - I can't send a message in the main dialogue window. In the small window my message to the interlocutor is sent and becomes visible in the main window, but it (my message) is visible in the message of my interlocutor, and there's his avatar, but the message is his + below mine.

However, in the general list of messages my message is visible as the last one.

Karputov Vladimir:
Private messages are no longer a guaranteed repository of correspondence. Any party can now erase all correspondence at any time. That leaves you to abandon personal correspondence altogether and put all discussions on the forum or in the works.
It's no longer personal correspondence, since it's gone out of personal control.
Reason: