Step back

I've been wondering if it's just me who can't see the "step back" function in the tester or what..... I'm always baffled by the situation if events need to be pulled back a couple of candles...... is this a general glitch or a big scam?

IvanIvanov:
I am tormented by one question for three years, in the tester is only I do not see the function "step back" or what..... I am constantly baffled by the situation if you need to turn back events for a couple of candles...... is it a general glitch or a big scam?

In order to take a step back, it is necessary to remember not only the current state of all variables of the program running in the tester, but also the state of all variables of the terminal being emulated,

do you have any idea how much memory this requires?

So any variable in the EA becomes an array equal to the number of generated ticks. You will want not only one step back but two steps, three steps, N steps.

And arrays turn into two-dimensional arrays, two-dimensional arrays turn into three-dimensional arrays and so on.

Now tell me, are you ready to buy 100500 GB of additional RAM for a "step back" function?

"Stuffing can't be spun backwards" (c)

The only alternative is to start the test all over again and not to lose the required bar... what prevents from returning to a state a few steps back, if you continue in the usual direction options can be re-generated, it will even be more correct.

I do not know... I risk encountering an argument that they say it's not for traders, but for programmers...

...like this.... this place sucks.... i have 16 gigabytes of RAM.... is that not enough?

there are russians in america already in crystal manage to save data for 0.25 seconds in case of power loss..... a couple of years and hygiene will be just sand...

IvanIvanov:

The only alternative is to start the test all over again and not to lose the right bar... I don't know, I'm risking a new test and not to fake the right bar... the tester is needed to rewind - like in chess (imho) I understand that if you rewind, the data volume - on the contrary - is reduced.

I don't know... I may risk getting into an argument that it's not for traders, but for programmers...

...like this.... this place sucks.... i have 16 gigabytes of RAM.... is that not enough?

there are russians in america already in crystal manage to save data for 0.25 seconds in case of power loss..... a couple of years and hygiene will be just sand...

the function is really useful. but what do you need it for? to view the graph in real time like a movie? then yes. but what exactly can you liffe there? an advisor certainly can't liffe!!! )) and you yourself will not be able to open or am I wrong?

mmmoguschiy:
the function is really useful. but what is it for? to view the chart in real time like a movie? then yes. but what exactly can you proifet there? an advisor certainly can't proifet!!! )) and you can't open it yourself or am I wrong?
When I look at the test, I realise. a couple of bars ago, I had at least two options as to what to do....... but in order for me to check this, I need to go back a few bars.... and I can't "just" do that, I need to run the test again... and stop at the right place (this is where I have a proef), and, to do otherwise, and there are more options related to monemanagement.... so it's no longer 2 options but to the extent of....... well... that's it... и... these options are easy to browse if there was a back and forth... but there's no way.... no way...

IvanIvanov:
When I look at the test, I realise that a couple of bars ago, I had at least two options as to what to do....... but to check this, I need to go back a few bars.... and I can't "just" do that, I need to run the test again... and stop at the right place, and, do it differently, and there are more options related to monemanagement.... so it's no longer 2 options but to the extent of....... well... that's it... и... it's easy to go through them if it's "back and forth"... but there's no way.... no way...
so you're looking at the visual chart of the tester in real time? then so far the only option that comes to mind is to record a picture of the screen. and then go either forward or backward ))

It's a piece of cake, you record the screen and then scroll from the right point if you do happen to skip the right bar. )

(Is it a hassle?

But it's easy, nobody bothers to do it except the one who needs it ))

mmmoguschiy:
as i understand you are looking at the tester's visual chart in real time? then so far the only option that comes to mind is to record the picture on the screen. and then go either forward or backward))

I still cherish the hope that it will be possible to trade hands in the tester :-).... the market would then change its character ...... pilots and sailors train on full emulators of their machines.... only traders, hopefully like janitors, are learning to swing a broom in reality

I certainly understand that Tank World and Airplane World are already going through algorithms of successful strategies for future drones.... but the MCL is... behind the rest of the planet?

sanyooooook:

It's a piece of cake, you record the screen and then scroll from the right point if you do happen to skip the right bar. )

Is it a hassle?

But it's easy, nobody bothers except the one who needs it ))

All you have to do is find the answer to the question, "Who needs it?"

IvanIvanov:

All you have to do is find the answer to the question - "Who needs it?"

I also want to be able to roll back my actions back in time,

but other than videotaping it and rolling it back on tape, I can't find a solution.)

ZS: But the ability to run the test is not the first day I think it would be useful in this case.

Reason: