Can I add a indicator or strategy for a tick graph in mt5?

Hi, I will like to know if I can create or add an  indicator or strategy to a tick chart for EURUSD?

Holguinmora: Hi, I will like to know if I can create or add an  indicator or strategy to a tick chart for EURUSD?

No, not on MetaTrader's standard tick graph window.

But an EA can easily process tick data for a strategy, irrespective of what timeframe is used for a chart.

Fernando Carreiro #:
But an EA can easily process tick data for a strategy, irrespective of what timeframe is used for a chart.

Fernando hi, thanks a lot for your quick and sharp answer, If I understud correctly I can creat for a example a SMA_25 base on ask price and every time ask price cross the the sma open and close a trade, correct?

Holguinmora #: Fernando hi, thanks a lot for your quick and sharp answer, If I understud correctly I can creat for a example a SMA_25 base on ask price and every time ask price cross the the sma open and close a trade, correct?

Yes, but only if you calculate the SMA yourself (in the EA code) for the tick data. You will not be able to use the standard indicator functions.

Holguinmora #:

Fernando hi, thanks a lot for your quick and sharp answer, If I understud correctly I can creat for a example a SMA_25 base on ask price and every time ask price cross the the sma open and close a trade, correct?

Is it possible to add any data to the tick data chart as an example entry price price from the actual trade?

Holguinmora #:Is it possible to add any data to the tick data chart as an example entry price price from the actual trade?

MetaTrader's tick data graph window has no added or custom functionality. It is what it is and you can't change it.

If you want a custom tick chart, you will have to program it yourself, by overlaying your own graphics on a normal chart, which requires advanced coding skills.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MetaTrader's tick data graph window has no added or custom functionality. It is what it is and you can't change it.

If you want a custom tick chart, you will have to program it yourself, by overlaying your own graphics on a normal chart, which requires advanced coding skills.

Once again thank you very much for your help and advice 

Holguinmora #: Once again thank you very much for your help and advice 
You are welcome!
Reason: