Is it possible to go through all the passes in forward test in the strategy tester regardless of their performance in the backtesting?

When we set forward test, the strategy tester will start with backtesting first.

Once backtesting is done, the strategy tester will start forward testing with some of the successful passes from backtesting.

However some cases I would like to see forward testing results for all the passes regardless of their performance in backtesting.

Is this option available in the metatrader 5 ?

It would be nice if we have such a option. 

FinanceEngineer:

When we set forward test, the strategy tester will start with backtesting first.

Once backtesting is done, the strategy tester will start forward testing with some of the successful passes from backtesting.

However some cases I would like to see forward testing results for all the passes regardless of their performance in backtesting.

Is this option available in the metatrader 5 ?

It would be nice if we have such a option. 

As stated at https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/testing, if the number of best runs is less than 256, the additional best runs will be taken for forward testing until their number reaches 256, and if the number of all runs is less than 256, all of them will take part in forward testing.

So the forward test is done just with the backtesting best results or best runs, as stated by MQ.

Anyway, I see a workaround to do this. Just create a Custom Max formula to select the 256 best runs you want.

Of course, this is not exactly what you need, but at least is a way to you control the forward test selection.

figurelli:

As stated at https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/algotrading/testing, if the number of best runs is less than 256, the additional best runs will be taken for forward testing until their number reaches 256, and if the number of all runs is less than 256, all of them will take part in forward testing.

So the forward test is done just with the backtesting best results or best runs, as stated by MQ.

Anyway, I see a workaround to do this. Just create a Custom Max formula to select the 256 best runs you want.

Of course, this is not exactly what you need, but at least is a way to you control the forward test selection.

Thanks for your reply. I tried to custom max formula and got up to 256 passes to rerun for forward test. As you know, in some cases, my back testing passes are far greater than 256. Anyway thanks for your tips.

FinanceEngineer:
Thanks for your reply. I tried to custom max formula and got up to 256 passes to rerun for forward test. As you know, in some cases, my back testing passes are far greater than 256. Anyway thanks for your tips.
Note, the idea is not change the limit of 256, as this is a business rule of the platform, but you create your custom strategy tester formula to select the 256 you want.
Reason: