Billy, where's my money, or How to write a New Year's Miracle in a couple of hours - page 4

IvanIvanov:
And I suggest we focus on one indicator option, otherwise a lot of confusion may arise, the options may start to grow exponentially and there will be a hitch...
So far, there are only two options... and no more to come... we'll pick the final option soon... But the EA versions, I think, will be more...

Tapochun:
There are only two options so far... and no more to come... We'll choose the final version soon... But I think there will be more EA versions...

I see, I'll wait for the final version then, although it's not very clear what is meant by final, finished version...

I would like to hear your answer about the time of holding the position

IvanIvanov:

I see, I'll wait for the final version then, although it's not very clear what is meant by final, finished version...

I would like to hear your answer about the time of holding the position

The position holding time is calculated solely based on the indicator readings. What the indicator shows is how the Expert Advisor worked... so... hence the short position... and long...)

Olegts:

Note the position of equity to balance on the test, equity is almost always below the balance, maybe try the trend option, open a sell when there is a -95 cross from top to bottom and close when there is a -95 cross from bottom to top,

In good trends there should be profit, the main thing is to stay at zero on the flat. We can also close at other levels, for example at 50.

Tapochun:
How do we define the trend?

You have not read my post carefully, this scheme does not need to define the trend, we open a sell when it crosses -95 downwards and vice versa for buying.

This is opening on the trend

Olegts:

You didn't read my post carefully, in this scheme you don't need to define a trend, you open a sell when it crosses -95 from top to bottom and vice versa for buying.

This is opening on the trend

Dak... that's how it is now, I apologize in advance if I don't understand something right away... There's a rush... I have to keep track of everything, test it, write it up... so... don't be angry...

Tapochun:
The position holding time is calculated solely based on the indicator readings. As the indicator showed, so the Expert Advisor worked... so... hence the short positions... and long...)

I'm a little off, now clearly the EA is in the market and flips on a reverse signal, that's understandable, however.... being constantly in the market is a TREND strategy

Indicator used, more precisely oscillator, oscillators are used when trading on the FLY

F1 terminal says

Williams' Percent Range

Technical Indicator Williams' Percent Range (%R) is a dynamic indicator, which determines overbought/oversold condition of the market. Williams' Percent Range is very similar to the Stochastic Oscillator technical indicator. The only difference is that the Stochastic Oscillator has an upside down scale and the Stochastic Oscillator has internal smoothing.

Indicator values ranging between 80 and 100% show that the market is oversold. Indicator values ranging between -0% and -20% show that the market is overbought. In order to construct the Williams Percent Range indicator on an inverted scale its values are usually assigned a negative sign (for example -30%). When analyzing, the negative sign can be ignored.

As with all overbought/oversold indicators, it is best to wait for the security's price to change direction before placing your trades. For example, if an overbought/oversold indicator is showing an overbought condition, it is wise to wait for the price to turn down before selling the security.

Some points are exaggerated, but it is still an oscillator, and it will give more if you set an additional condition for taking profit, rather than waiting for the opposite signal

IvanIvanov:

I'm a little off, now clearly the EA is in the market and flips on a reverse signal, that's understandable, however.... being constantly in the market is a TREND strategy

Indicator used, more precisely oscillator, oscillators are used when trading on the FLY

F1 of the terminal says

Some points are exaggerated but it is still an oscillator and it will give more if you add a profit taking condition instead of waiting for the return signal

Suggest options...

IvanIvanov:

F1 of the terminal says

Some points are exaggerated but it is still an oscillator and, it will give more if you set additional conditions for taking profit and not wait for the return signal

And yes, now the author's indicator is being tested ... To be honest, I don't know what it's based on... but the profit is bigger ...))

IvanIvanov:

F1 of the terminal says

Some points are exaggerated, but it's still an oscillator, and, it will give more if you set additional conditions for taking profit and not wait for the return signal

My practice shows that any premature profit limitation decreases profitability of the Expert Advisor, there is no lot increase, so there is no significant drawdown. You can add a trailing stop but it will not work.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

Billy, where's my money, or How to write a New Year's Miracle in a couple of hours

Tapochun, 2014.12.31 10:56

So, the tests on the three TFs of the pure (first) version of WPR have been completed. Not bad (relatively) result is shown only on EURUSD...

Let's start testing the second (author's) version...

M5 - ahem... not bad... Version of the Expert Advisor with the author's indicator works much better (at least on M5)... +475$ with max drawdown just over 7%. And, what's more interesting, the maximum series of losing trades over 4 years - only 4 pc... I think you all know what kind of monster can be built based on such data... Moving on... ah, yes, I am attaching the results.

M15 - so far a NEW RECORD! +673$. We're close to $1,000! I attach the results.

M30 - results are more modest +$356.

So, testing of the second (author's) version of the indicator on EURUSD has been completed... I don't know ... whether I should test it on USDCHF... I don't like it... OK, one test on M5 for prevention...

USDCHF M5 - as I thought, miserable profit +62... Let's go straight to the pound...

GBPUSD M5 - +370, chart is flat, already... nothing special...);

M15 - +346, not too much..;

M30 - about the same... stable, no more..;

Reason: