Mt4 End of support. - page 23

Andrey Kisselyov:
How much clearer?

Respectfully.

What delusion are you talking about?

You are talking about gaps. What do gaps have to do with bar opening times?

Реter Konow:

Basically, my solution is as simple as a 5 kopeck. It is several time slot counters of different durations. When the counter reaches its maximum value it is reset to zero and a new bar arrival event is set for the corresponding timeframe.

The only thing to do is to calibrate the start of each counter.

I will finish it and give it to the public. I cannot say exactly when. Maybe in a couple of days.

It's not about giving back to the public. It's all about implementation and getting the data. You still haven't answered my question above:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Mt4 End Support.

Artyom Trishkin, 2017.09.10 21:09

What is needed is the fact of opening a new bar on any of the suggested symbols on the threefolds.

If there is no quote on any of the symbols, then there is no fact of opening a new bar. And a new bar will appear only with the arrival of a new tick. If there is a new bar in EURUSD, but the USDCAD has not yet received a new quote corresponding to the new bar, the new bar will not be build. But we need to know the exact fact of the new bar opening without any reservations about its time. You need to know the fact that the new bar has begun to be built:

if there is a new bar on M5 on EURUSD
if there is a new bar on H1 on EURUSD, then ...
if there is a new bar on D1 at EURUSD, ...
--------
if there is a new bar on M5 on USDCAD...
if there is a new bar on H1 on USDCAD, then ...
if there is a new bar on D1 on USDCAD, then ...

How will you do it? With one of your functions, in any Expert Advisor/indicator.

That is not all I can suggest for realization - the rest will be more interesting ;)

Artyom Trishkin:

Read it, look it up, especially closer to the beginning of the story - the 1970s - there are only diaries there at all.

By now it is clear that not only does he not understand what he is talking about at all, but he does not know the specifics of the tasks that actually exist. And at the same time he is being obtuse, and does not even try to understand why the question is posed in such a way.

Реter Konow:
You are wrong. A new bar is formed automatically, even without the arrival of a quote. That is, the new bar will be one point in size and will be at the last price.

this is what i am talking about. the open and close prices are not equal in most cases. the bar will not be formed at the old bar closing price but at the new tick which sets the bar opening price.

with respect.

Artyom Trishkin:

It's not about giving back to the public. It's all about implementation and getting the data. You still haven't answered my question above:

How will you do it? By one function of yours, in any EA/indicator.

And this is not all that we can offer you for realization - it will get more interesting later ;)

I have already answered that the bars open regardless of the arrival of a quote. If there is no quote, the price of the new bar will be the closing price of the previous one. The fact of a new bar will be fixed regardless of the arrival of quotes, by the counters themselves, which work on the timer.

The specific timeframe does not matter, because it is just a counter that reaches its value and sets the event of the new bar of that timeframe. This is simply a method of synchronising with the appearance of new bars of different timeframes. SYNCHRONIZATION.

The instrument does not matter either. If the quotes are from one server, it means that they have the same time of new bars appearance. Therefore, it does not matter which instrument, as long as these instruments are from one point of the globe.

I'll finish what I said and get on with other things. A little bit of a good thing).

Олег avtomat:

By now it is clear that not only does he not understand what he is talking about at all, but he does not know the specifics of the tasks that actually exist. And at the same time he is being obtuse, and does not even try to understand why the question is posed in this way.

Well, it's a thing of life - we too once discovered America...

What I want is different - I want to show, using the simplest example, what is easier and simpler.

Реter Konow:

I have already answered that bars open regardless of the arrival of a quote. If there is no quote, the price of the new bar will be the closing price of the previous bar. The fact of a new bar will be fixed regardless of the arrival of quotes, by the counters themselves, which run on a timer.

The specific timeframe does not matter, because it is just a counter that reaches its value and sets the event of the new bar of this timeframe. This is simply a method of synchronising with the appearance of new bars of different timeframes. SYNCHRONIZATION.

The instrument does not matter either. If the quotes are from one server, it means that they have the same time of new bars appearance. Therefore, it does not matter which instrument, as long as these instruments are from one point of the globe.

I'll finish what I said and do other things. A little bit of a good thing).

It is you, in your algorithm, who considers that the bar is open. In reality, it isn't physically present in the terminal yet. This is a complete inconsistency with the realities of the server.

The specific timeframe also matters.

This is known to everyone who has ever been close to multicurrency and multitime timeframes.

Too bad you don't want to come to the conclusion we're leading you to - visually, and with a concrete and tangible example.

Andrey Kisselyov:

Why the mockery? Deleted your post.

Artyom Trishkin:

Well, that's a gain - we used to discover America that way too...

What I want is different - I want to show you, using the simplest example, what is easier and simpler.

a little bit of a learning curve, yes... but that's not the point.

Artyom Trishkin:

Why the mockery? Deleted your post.

Did you read the last edition? I corrected it myself.

Respectfully.
Reason: