Promotion of indicators - page 7

sanyooooook:
Well, this is not a time limit, but a bar limit)
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data for the last nine bars, then it is possible? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?

artmedia70:
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data on the last nine bars, then it is allowed? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?
Stupid Lex :)))

artmedia70:
If the five-minute chart is prohibited to show the indicator data on the last nine bars, then it is allowed? And if you prohibit to show the last 45 minutes - you cannot?
apparently not ))

sanyooooook:
Apparently not )))
How nice :)

Candid:
Stupid Lex :)))
Who says the King is a fool!?!? :D

Candid:
Well, yes, they probably mean that you can't be allowed to work only from 3am to 5am, or only on Fridays. At least I was allowed to limit the calculation to bars.
Some policies have a ban on working at certain times, I think it's different here.

artmedia70:
how nice :)

the indicator does not stop working, but the signals are delayed by a certain number of bars )

so the user can see that the indicator is working, but cannot use it

Of course, there may be a nuance here: the user may think that the indicator sees what has already happened and therefore the signals are so good.

sanyooooook:
some strategies include a ban on working at certain times, I think this is different.
Yes, not a very clear point. In short, any specific ideas for restrictions need to be vetted by the admins beforehand.

sanyooooook:

the indicator does not stop working, but the signals are delayed by a certain number of bars )

thereby the user sees the indicator working, but cannot use it

Of course, there may be a nuance here: a user may think that the indicator sees what has already happened and therefore the signals are so good.

I understand that MQ have broken their heads about this problem and have made a drastic decision - no demo, that's all...

artmedia70:
I understand, MQ have broken their heads about this problem and have done a very radical thing - no demo, and that's it...
For example, you could limit the work only in the tester, to see how the indicator works on the history (but here the tester also allows peeping)
Reason: