Suggestions for promoting the MT5 platform to the masses - page 14

Renat Akhtyamov:

+

In the meantime!!!

Has MT4 been shut down?

Maxim Khrolenko2017.01.24 19:26 RU

I want to download MT4 from MetaQuotes Software website. I tried to download installation file from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform and from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download. Funny thing is that I downloaded mt4setup.exe file but when I run it, it installs MT5 instead of 4. So radically decided to close 4?

Ваня:

In the meantime!!!

Has MT4 been shut down?

I want to download MT4 from MetaQuotes Software website. I tried to download installation file from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/trading-platform and from https://www.metatrader4.com/en/download. Funny thing is that I downloaded mt4setup.exe file but when I run it, it installs MT5 instead of 4. So radically decided to close 4?

Back in autumn 2016 they removed the distribution. But kind Lezha, I mean me, carefully saved it on Yad )) Downloaded version on 10/15/2016.

https://yadi.sk/d/QXHVvP0_3Bbbsj

Moderators: In autumn 2016 there were problems with MT4 version update installed with DC, while the original version was updated via Metaquotes-Demo. That's why I kept this version and think it's pollycorrect to share it.

mt4setup.exe
mt4setup.exe
  • yadi.sk
Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс.Диска

Ваня:

In the meantime!!!

Has MT4 been shut down?

It's been a long time since they answered in different threads. Here is the most recent answer:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

Unable to download MT4

Renat Fatkhullin, 2016.11.30 17:32

Gentlemen, did you think that we, being the biggest distributor of MT4 platform (installs more than any broker), would continue to advertise it?

Didyou think that we would keep pumping MT4 instalments all over the world for free and to the delight of those who are raving about "why should I quit MT4"?

I recommend to think about the future and move faster to Metatrader 5.

The ecosystem is changing much faster now.

Реter Konow:
Tell me, can you suggest any interesting threads in the English forum?

I want to come in, read, chat, meet interesting people (if there are any there too :))

Just curious:)
Lots of interesting ones.
My branches are mainly for newbie traders, however coders often visit them and make EAs and indicators and post sources there.
For example, I have promoted 1200 subscribers in English branch.

By the way, one more idea may be useful - to open a branch by branches. For example, a branch with links and a small text in a post on some topic.
For example, a branch on branches about candles, or whatever. The topic starter may feel the branches or posts are interesting to link to, and comment on why the branch or post might be interesting.

If not my branches - here's a good branch about hedging (not mine, which is valuable) started by a moderator who moved from the quad).

Here I did a promotion in the English branch about 7 - 10 pips.

The English branch ishere to centrally report possible bugs on MT5 (which are dealt with by the users in the branch and, if necessary, a request is made to the service desk including the moderator.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Sergey, I see your link to the English part of almost all your posts. I'll write about some of my publications in KB, I'll practice my English )).
Post as many people post in English - first type the post in their own language (in Russian, for example, as a draft without publishing the post), then translate it into English with the built-in translator (which is above every post).

Sergey Golubev:
Lots of interesting.
My branches are mostly for beginner traders, though coders often go in there and make EAs or indicators and post sources there.
Ihave made a promotion for 1200 subscribers in English branch.

By the way, one more idea, which can be useful, is to open a branch by branches. For example, a branch with links and a small text in a post on some topic.
For example, a branch on branches about candles, or whatever. The topic starter may feel the branches or posts are interesting to link to, and comment on why the branch or post might be interesting.

If not my branches - here's a good branch about hedging (not mine, which is valuable) started by a moderator who moved from the quad).

Here I did a promotion in the English branch about 7 - 10 pips.

The English branch is to centrally report possible bugs on MT5 (which are considered by users in the branch, and, if necessary, a request is made to the service desk, including the moderator.
Thank you)

Added:

Are there programmer branches like ours?

Реter Konow:
Thank you)
Apart from Sergei, there are other moderators in the ang part, be careful ......

Alexey Viktorov:
OK, I was the one who had an outburst of indignation at the injustice. And just recently for the same outburst I got banned for 10 years for allegedly insulting a moderator. Whatever... God be his judge.
How are forums even divided?
Not by language.
  • For example, the forex-factory forum is considered American, although anyone can post there, but only in English.
  • Our English part of the forum is international - everybody posts there, the whole Middle East, Asia, Africa, CIS, and very many people post machine translation into English. It just so happens ... most of those who post in English are not native English speakers.

Sergey Golubev :
The way a lot of people post in English is to type in their language first (like a draft in Russian without publishing the post), then translate it into English with the built-in translator (which is above every post).

My English is more or less normal, of course, it's just simple English )) And about the translator interesting, I didn't know. If I type in Russian, and then change the checkbox to another language, it will translate? I'll try here )))

Yes, I have an Inglish more or less normally, of course, the usual simple english)) And about the translator is interesting, I did not know. When I typed in Russian, and then the check box was replaced into another language, it will translate ??? I will try here))

Alexey Volchanskiy:

My English is more or less normal, of course, it's just simple English )) And about the translator interesting, I didn't know. If I type in Russian, and then change the checkbox to another language, it will translate? I'll try here )))

Yes, I have an Inglish more or less normally, of course, the usual simple english)) And about the translator is interesting, I did not know. When I typed in Russian, and then the check box was replaced into another language, it will translate ??? I will try here))

Nice translation )) The structure of phrases is different in english though, it's hard to do adequately, even google translate can't do that. But it's funny, how come I didn't know it before?
Reason: