Developers! Do you even test what you create? - page 17

I don't know if this is news or if this topic has already been covered somewhere, but when testing an EA with and without visualisation, completely different results

A year or more ago I wanted to create and hook up a library in the form of an ex5 file. I spent a long time on it, but it didn't work. I couldn't find any examples. Now I decided to try it again. I made a simple function in af_Num library
#property library
//********************************************************************
int Test()
{
   return 1;
}
Made a calling script as_Test_Num_Lib
#import "af_Num.ex5"
   int Test();
#import
void OnStart()
{
   Comment("");

int x=Test();

Comment("x=",x);

return;
}
After running - 2014.02.01 20:08:13.129 as_Test_Num_Lib (EURAUD,M5) Cannot find 'Test' in 'af_Num.ex5'
2014.02.01 20:08:13.129 as_Test_Num_Lib (EURAUD,M5) unresolved import function call
And no matter what I do next, it's as silent as a tank. And I can't find an example anywhere - does this shit even work for someone. All use only #include. Are all these thousands of programmers total assholes? Or am I a jerk and am doing something wrong?
I apologize for coarse style, but my nerves are on the edge.

It works in the new version of MT4, so it should work in your version too.

The problem is more likely in not enabled function of permission to work with libraries (I couldn't understand it myself for 40 minutes), or in incorrect directory for libraries location.

#import"sendmail.dll"
int Sendmail(string,string,string,string,string,string,string);
#import

alexivanov9911:

It works in the new version of MT4, so it should work in your version too.

The problem is more likely in not enabled function of permission to work with libraries (I couldn't understand it myself for 40 minutes), or in incorrect directory for libraries location.

#import"sendmail.dll"
int Sendmail(string,string,string,string,string,string,string);
#import

Yes, but the dll put in the same folder as ex5 works fine. So there is a suspicion that ex5 libraries are not working. And I noticed it as I wrote earlier a long time ago. I just didn't mess with libraries then, and translated everything in the inlude. You can do that now too, but I'm writing about it just in case.

You forgot to put export in the function. Only explicitly declared functions become exportable. Read the documentation.

Renat:
You forgot to put export in the function. Only explicitly declared functions become exportable. Read the documentation.
Thanks a lot Renat for the tip. It has worked. I haven't found this feature in documentation the first time, so I used MT4 analogues.

Of the brokerage software, MT is the best there is. CUDA support is something not every developer does. Strange that MT4 and MT5 have no API, but overall the platform is ok - it's not hard to connect to MT from other software, and almost all forex brokers have MT. There is no chat room on this forum, and redesigning the whole chat room with the addition of this or that handy feature doesn't interfere 100%.

arbitrageur:
CUDA support is something not every developer does.
CUDA sucks :) OpenCL is our thing.

TheXpert:
CUDA sucks :) OpenCL is our thing.

Hi.

Yes, as double precision is not blocked in ATI videocards, only software which supports OpenCL is minimal compared to CUDA which is supported by very few developers. ATIish videocards at 1 terraflop cost 2000 rubles on avito.ru (used), by the way I don't know why gamers upgrade their ATIish videocards and replace them with Nvidia, - like not even look at the actual power before replacing. :)

papaklass:

How can you make a product like that? Do you have a conscience? But they create an eco-system. And maybe back to school in the 1st grade!

How can you trust the results, of such a tester. Kick-ass......

Attach the zipped report, please.
Reason: