Why have subscriptions been banned on the grounds of "too high a yield" ? - page 60

and.dzr:
The story could go on - you bought potatoes, but a policeman comes up to you and takes the potatoes away because you bought them at an off-market price. :) just kidding.
It's the grandmother who catches up and demands the potatoes back, because she forgot to change the price))

Avals:
It's a granny who catches up and demands the potatoes back, because she forgot to change the price.)
And at the collective farm market, the broads sometimes get hung up. They go unrecognized. The woman with the best price sits there and ... does not sell. She sits on a potato and shows her price tag. And when you give her the money, she rolls her eyes and goes into the hole. I could hit her over the head with a paddle.

Avals:

i.e. we put a bylimit and a selllimit at the same time and take the spread off the DC?)))

This requires both orders to execute and this does not always happen and most likely the risk is higher than the profit from the spread - commission (for 2 trades)

Mischek:
And at the kolkhoz market, the dough sometimes hangs around. They go unacknowledged. The woman with the best price sits there and ... does not sell. She sits on a potato and shows her price tag. And when you give her the money, she's gone completely out of business. I could hit her over the head with a paddle.
Yeah, they've been coaching me on the news lately with answer 136.

Mischek:
At the collective farm market, women sometimes get bored. They go unrecognized. The woman with the best price sits there and ... does not sell. She sits on a potato and shows her price tag. And when you give her the money, she's gone completely out of business. I could hit her over the head with a paddle.

:)

More often it goes like this: while you are picking your pocket for the right amount, the woman puts the price up by a kopeck. again, you pick up the wallet for the missing kopeck.... and so on until the woman or you get bored. Mostly the woman gets tired and finally agrees.

Mischek:
At the kolkhoz market, babushkas sometimes hang out. They go unrecognized. The woman with the best price sits there and does not sell. She sits on a potato and shows her price tag. And when you give her the money, she rolls her eyes and goes into the hole. I could hit her over the head with a paddle.

vote with our feet)))

* I don't mean with my feet *)))

olyakish:

This requires both orders to execute, which does not always happen and the risk is likely to be higher than the profit from the spread - commission (for 2 trades)

This is why we don't bother with bid and ask when it comes to limit execution. Bid and ask are limits themselves and they are executed by a market

papaklass:

That's what I'm talking about.

Ask cannot go above my SellLimit order without executing/redirecting it, nor can Bid be below BuyLimit order without executing/redirecting it.

In real forex SellLimit orders are executed by Bid (Ask, of course, is higher) and BuyLimit orders are executed by Ask (Bid, of course, is lower). So we rebel. :)

PS: I posted a picture in this post https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/14166/page56#comment_618290

where Bid has broken through the take profit (BuyLimit order) of a Sell position and take profit was not taken because Ask has not reached the take profit price of the position.

You cannot compare the exchange and OTC markets. On the exchange, the price cannot go below the buy limit, on the forex it can. The price crosses your buy limit and the company sends an order to the liquidity provider. While the order is going, the price can go back and at the time of arrival the provider does not have that price. So that is the crossing.

On the exchange market this is impossible because there is a single platform and orders do not go anywhere.

It is all very simple and logical.

C-4:
There is no need for any stop-limits. Any limit set worse than the current price is a stop limit. Its slippage will be limited to the price specified in it.
That's what I wrote. We can argue about the wording forever. The question is, why won't Metakvots make normal stop limits with a limit worse than the market?

C-4:

Your claim in the current wording is not correct. The fact that SellLimit is executed at Bid and BuyLimit at Ask is correct and beyond dispute. But the fact that the limit orders you put do not change the current Bid and Ask, even if the bid prices are better than Bid/Ask prices is really thought-provoking and requires a response from those DCs who practice such behavior.

_________

* Although if you use limit bids, you are sort of a liquidity provider. Your bid is present in the cup. The liquidity consumer, who is hitting the market, sees your bid and agrees to your price. When he buys from you, the Last price becomes equal to your bid, and the trade is executed; the Bid remains the same, so you have sold at Ask and bought at Bid, only the Ask and Bid prices are your own bid prices.

DoC has nothing to do with it. MT does not provide such an opportunity. To implement it you need your own and very serious development. That is why only two companies have it now.
Reason: