If MetaTrader 6 comes out tomorrow - page 12

One more small wish. Often there are many-complicated nested for loops and often (for beginners) it's easy to get confused which for statement a particular continue or break belongs to. It would be convenient if we could somehow show to which for statement belongs. For example, holding down1+key2+mouse would display the line number for for.

papaklass:

This is easily solved. After the closing bracket of an operator, write a comment about which for operator this closing bracket refers to.

Example:

I would suggest another solution, slightly more complex but good.

Highlight loop areas between {...} in a different colour, and have a nesting colour setting, say up to 5 (if more, repeat the colour wheel again).

And, of course, folding, you can't do without it :)

papaklass:

This is easily solved. After the closing bracket of an operator, write a comment about which for operator this closing bracket refers to.

Example:

I do so + styler and do not get lost. It's just sometimes there are so many for's and the very beginning is above 200 lines that it becomes tedious to check. The suggestion was like this, for the good of all mankind.

paladin800:
I do so + styler and I don't get lost. It's just sometimes there are so many for-ops and the very beginning is more than 200 lines long that it becomes tedious to check. The suggestion was so, for the good of all mankind.

The suggestion is fine, papaklass is wrong here. Nested loops stretched for tens and hundreds of lines kill the perception of the program.

I get out of the situation by putting some code into a function, but it's just a trick that doesn't change the essence of the problem.

Prival:

this wish is at least five years old. But it's still there .... the tick story is already a thing of the past. MQL is lagging behind tremendously so they are losing customers and cannot enter new markets.

We need a history in the form of an order log and tools to work with this history. We need flexibility, because different exchanges broadcast information of different format and content. The position taken by the firm, the history ONLY MINUTES. It is necessary to have flexibility, because different exchanges broadcast different formats and contents.

I will not even try it. There is nothing to do and it makes no sense to look at the trading platform with its various marketplaces, signal translators, etc.

We heard you, your position is clear, the more input data for the researcher the better.

But agree that this problem applies only to research, you do not need a lot of raw data for trading at a great depth. I emphasize not a lot of data, but to a greater depth.

The social order on the platform as if pushes the developers to divide the platform into a research part and the trading part proper.

Since it's no longer harmful to dream lately, there's one more thing. I want to be able to create many custom symbols based on one symbol in Market Watch.

At present there is only one EURUSD on MetaQuotes-Demo server and in order to open multi-directional positions one should test on the server that has symbols with prefixes (EURUSD, EURUSDm1, etc.). I want to combine some of my strategies in one EA and test their combined trading, not separately (i.e. separate reports are good, but the simultaneous trading report may show unacceptable drawdown). On the one hand I want to test on MetaQuotes-Demo, but on the other hand I may not have a broker that gives enough prefixes.

For example, I right-click in Market Watch and select"create a custom symbol based on ..." and name my symbol "EURUSDmy1" (even "GigaFedya"), the history for which is taken from "EURUSD" I have chosen. It's clear that you won't be able to name the symbol you already have. Such a custom symbol would only be stored on my computer. It would be possible to create as many symbols as I want for one currency.

What is it for? For example, I have 10 strategies for EURUSD and I will open 10 accounts on MT5 for real trading. But I would like to see on history if I can expect that all 10 accounts will experience simultaneous drawdown at some point in time.

Such an opportunity would allow testing multi-strategic EAs and not only multicurrency ones.

P.S.: "Those social orders for the platform kind of push the developers to split the platform into a research part and the trading part proper."

paladin800:

Since it's no longer harmful to dream lately, there's one more thing. I want to be able to create many custom symbols based on one symbol in Market Watch.

At present there is only one EURUSD on MetaQuotes-Demo server and in order to open multi-directional positions one should test on the server that has symbols with prefixes (EURUSD, EURUSDm1, etc.). I want to combine some of my strategies in one EA and test their combined trading, not separately (i.e. separate reports are good, but the simultaneous trading report may show unacceptable drawdown). On the one hand I want to test on MetaQuotes-Demo, but on the other hand I may not have a broker that gives enough prefixes.

For example, I right-click in Market Watch and select "create a custom symbol based on ..." and name my symbol "EURUSDmy1" (even "GigaFedya"), the history for which is taken from "EURUSD" I have chosen. It's clear that you won't be able to name the symbol you already have. Such a custom symbol would only be stored on my computer. It would be possible to create as many symbols as I want for one currency.

What is it for? For example, I have 10 strategies for EURUSD and I will open 10 accounts on MT5 for real trading. But I would like to see on history if I can expect that all 10 accounts will experience simultaneous drawdown at some point of time.

Such an opportunity would allow testing multi-strategic EAs and not only multicurrency ones.

P.S.: "Those social orders for the platform kind of push the developers to divide the platform into a research part and the trading part proper."

In simple terms cloning the symbol in the terminal and not at the broker, and then how to trade? the broker will shove everything into a cumulative pose.

Or does this only apply to the tester?

Urain:

Simply clone the symbol in the terminal and not at the broker, but then how do you trade? The broker will put everything into a cumulative position.

Or does this only apply to the tester?

The clones are only for the tester.

Technically, the first thing necessary to calculate the equity at each moment of history (besides the instrument history itself) is the position history for the instrument.

Unfortunately, trades do not store the final position (i.e. position after the trade has been executed). And it should be, in MT6.

There is a subtlety here. What if some deals are cancelled? Then we will have to rewrite the entire history of the position on the symbol (or a considerable part of it).

Even if this were the case, but it is not a reason to turn a blind eye to the daily need to have a stored position history. But it is just a reason to see the most important netting mt5-toughness - a broker now has the ability to completely distort (pervert?) the subsequent history of a trader's trade, by cancelling one (or more) of [rather long-time] deals. Hence, the MT5 order and transaction system is currently a hole.

Ideally ( MT6 ) : When making a trade, the trader should not declare (in the order) the direction and volume of the trade, but the direction and volume of the resulting (target) position. Then the cancellation of a "non-market quote" by the broker, may lead only to a correction of the transaction price, but at least will not affect the further history of the position.

Netting is so netting. Position is primary, trades and orders are secondary.

--

Strange as it may seem, the less perfect order system MT4 is better protected from "distortion by canceling". Cancellation of one of the orders naturally limits the time period of trade history distortion - by the lifetime of the cancelled (corrected) order itself.

MetaDriver:

...the broker today has the ability to completely distort (pervert?) the trader's subsequent trading history by cancelling one (or more) of the [rather long-standing] trades.

What about the daily report sent to email, means nothing, has no weight, in which the broker offers to challenge the trader within 24 hours? If you agree by default, it takes effect! Or is it a 'paper trail'?
Reason: