If MetaTrader 6 comes out tomorrow - page 3

Urain:
I want options a MT, with all the deltas and trickery.
MT5 supports it. But it will be years before the brokers get it right.

I just remembered, there is a request to make a difference in colour of stop levels for buy and sell positions, ask and bid are set separately, so the stop levels triggered by them should also be set separately.

And there has also been a long-standing request to do a Walk-Forward Analysis in the tester.

Do the NS training in the tester.

Urain:

I would like tester to be divided into two parts, fast tester-optimizer and accurate tester-debugger (it should include visualizer as well).

The optimizer only checks the profitability of signals of the indicators, the debugger checks the accuracy of the execution.

It seems to be necessary to separate them a long time ago, even without the debugger. // The usage of the tester and the optimizer from one and the same button is a pain in the ass, the usability is low.

What can it give us in practice?

1. testing up to the current minute.

Now it's only up to the current day. If it's understandable to limit the optimizer in this way, then why limit testing?

I think now it's due to excessive gluing of tester+optimizer, I'm starting to see all sorts of horrors from the series:

"Renat: - are you suggesting to flood servicedesk with requests that the optimization results do not coincide with the test results??" :)))

2. The ability to thoroughly test individual implementations of parameter sets without interrupting the optimization process - a very useful feature.

3. Finally, call for testing and optimization directly from experts working in charts (from MQL).

The last argument "against" was given by developers: "How to test self-optimizing EAs? That would lead to bad recursion!!!". When the tester and optimizer are implemented separately, recursion is easily prevented by prohibiting the optimizer from calling the tester itself, while allowing the optimizer to be called from the tester.

4,5,6.... I can give many more arguments, but any of them will suffice.

Urain:
And also for a long time there is a request to make Walk-Forward Analysis in the tester.

C-4:
Take C#, for example. When trying to bind a function or variable, the compiler will generate an error, because function or variable are concepts of a lower level and can only be placed inside a class or structure. And in MQL5, there seems to be some confusion - there are classes, but there are also functions that call these classes, and it should be the other way around: a lot of classes communicate with each other through methods supported by them.
Understood. I agree that C# ideology is much better than C++ ideology, but it's the Party's orientation to ++. I'm not sure that there's a point in rallying on this topic, I'm sure it's useless though.

I would like to see such a small thing as a mouse or key press event, in addition to the already existing press events.

1 Graphics. Improve usability of the chart, graphical objects... I want a shadow for text labels. And styles with dots to be drawn with dots... And windows of charts to be drawn behind the terminal, and properties window to be stretched, and tabs to be dragged in market window. That's all.

2 Custom History.

3 CCA, If done

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Препроцессор / Свойства программ (#property)
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Препроцессор / Свойства программ (#property)
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Препроцессор / Свойства программ (#property) - Документация по MQL5

Urain:
To do NS training in a tester.
That's shallow. You need an MQL-driven genetic optimiser in general. And any NS training would be at arm's length.

Urain:
I would like to see such a little thing as events of mouse click or key pressing, in addition to the already existing events of pressing.

This is shallow. I need normal MQL-driven windows, standard Windows dialogs and means of their visual editing. Naturally, with full handling of all user events.

Ideally - the whole interface of the terminal should be implemented in mql6. Then the developers certainly won't miss such clear programmer queries to interface functions.

Reason: