Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 16

C-4:
What's history got to do with it? Moolie clickers don't need it.
Build a dollar index with metals without history.

If you go a bit beyond the background, you can see some interesting things.

For example, that when trading equities you can also build indices. And there will always be a couple of leading companies that the broker does not have, but which are strategically important for analysis and portfolio building.

So?

Silent:

Why not? Or is there evidence that there are fewer of them?

Generally speaking, I meant the "multitools". The ones who are multi-instrumentalists (multi-instrumentalists on the fora).

PS Many, I think, remember the B***o prisnopamy. The number of instruments is exactly the factor that helped them go up. Probably helped them to go down too, with the help of competitors.

Silent:
Build a dollar index with metals with no history.
Silent:

If you go a little beyond forex, you can see some interesting things.

For example, that in stock trading you can also build indices. And there will always be a couple of leading companies that the broker does not have, but which are strategically important for analysis and portfolio building.

So?

You're probably right, everyone wants arbitrary quotes, if not in a tester, then on an off-line chart.

MetaDriver:
You're probably right, everyone wants arbitrary quotes, if not in the tester, then on the off-line chart.
Not everyone:(
Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум
  • www.mql5.com
Что будет нового в MetaTrader 4 и MQL4 - большие изменения на подходе - MQL4 форум

Contender:
Не всем :(

Moreover, I've started a thread asking to discuss the available possibilities for working with imported quotes - alas, nobody has reacted.

Although, I still believe that MQL5 tools are enough to test Expert Advisors entirely with imported quotes (though it is not clear what the cost in terms of speed will be).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and strategy testing

Real Time Data in MT when Trading on the FORTS

Spekyl, 2013.05.26 12:20

I have tried it on my live MT5 FORTS account in Ocard.

It seems to be working, but my list contains only FORTS contracts and RTS shares. And that is all... How do I trade? There were no RTS and MICEX indices, no oil futures and S&P500, no European futures, no international indices and no currency rates. Nothing at all! Not even an MICEX spot. And there is no currency section.

Is it possible to add all this somehow, or connect to some data provider, kinetic or something?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing of trading strategies

How do I assess the real-time data in MT when trading on the FORTS?

Spekyl, 2013.05.29 18:38

I do not know how it is done in Forex, but in the rest of the world if I trade with my hands - I surround myself with a bunch of terminals, I put the necessary blueberg screens on them, or any other cheaper, charts, news, volume profiles, deltas - and I sit and poke at them. All execution may be done with the help of a program, which doesn't even have charts, as long as position is tracked and there is some automation.

For a budget forex variant, you can get by with several MetaTrader from different brokers or even with some web charts.

But if we are talking about MTS, we do not need a lot of monitors, we need a stable one or more datafeeds. You can buy quite a good legal subscription for fifty a month. But the bot has to take this data. And they have to somehow provide more testing on history... And it's not my broker's business, although he can act as an intermediary.

In the piggy bank, who needs it and why.

The issue of custom history in MT5 is useless to discuss. It has been discussed many times and MQ's position is unchanged. Gentlemen, on the contrary, we should be afraid that in MT4 the possibility of testing on custom history will be cancelled (integration, new MQL4++ and all that).

As it turned out, the reason for stubbornness in the MT5 custom story issue lies not in a principled position of the developers, but in the limitations of the architecture itself. I.e. MT5 architecture itself doesn't allow developers to create custom history without dancing with tambourine, even if they wanted to.

hrenfx:
As it turned out, the reason for stubbornness in the MT5 custom history issue lies not in the principled position of the developers, but in the limitations of the architecture itself. I.e. MT5 architecture itself doesn't allow developers to create custom history without dancing with tambourine, even if they want to.

This is your stream of consciousness. As usual, erroneous.

I'm tired of explaining trivial truths a hundred times over.

If this is your principled position, then go with it to the end - remove all (even the workaround) possibilities of custom history in MT4. The custom history, according to you, is evil and nobody needs it. So why is this nasty thing in MT4? Improve MT4 to the fullest.
Reason: