Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 15

MetaDriver:

1. It's about the warrant system. ...

2. openness of the tester/optimiser to third party quotes.

The first problem has already been discussed from all sides many times. I do not want to go back to it again.

The second problem does exist, because brokers do not hurry to create a good quality history. We algorithmic traders have been put in a stalemate. On the one hand we cannot test on our quotes, on the other hand there is no quality history from the brokers (look at opening futures glues for example). Apparently, algotrading is too small a market segment for any broker to take it seriously.

C-4:

The first problem has already been discussed from all sides many times. I don't want to go back to it again.

The second problem does exist, because brokers are in no hurry to create a quality story. We algorithmic traders have been put in a stalemate. On the one hand we cannot test on our quotes, on the other hand there is no quality history from the brokers (look at opening futures glues for example). Apparently algotrading is too small a market segment for any broker to be seriously concerned about it.

Analyse elsewhere, trade on Five. Five is for foreigners, for Poles and Brazilians. And the Russian people want everything for free).

My MT4 terminal is not working, or rather has stopped working. It says "Old version" and does not offer an automatic "update". Can anyone suggest what to do in this case? Everything used to update automatically before.

As for OCO - I agree - they are needed in MT5. It would be possible (in particular) to simulate SL-TP pair from MT4. For example, a guy ordered me to translate a multi position Expert Advisor from MT4 to MT5. Paid a lot of money. And still TP had to simulate by direct trade, by pending order - no way.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Свойства ордеров - Документация по MQL5

Wex:

My MT4 terminal is not working, or rather has stopped working. It says "Old version" and does not offer an automatic "update". Can anybody advise what to do in this case? Everything used to update automatically before.

As for OCO - I agree - they are needed in MT5. It would be possible (in particular) to simulate SL-TP pair from MT4. For example, a guy ordered me to translate a multi position Expert Advisor from MT4 to MT5. Paid a lot of money. And still TP had to simulate by direct trade, by pending order - no way.

It has been announced everywhere already. Update your terminal, download the version from your broker and install it in the same folder.

Wex:

As for OCOs - I agree - they are needed in MT5. You could (in particular) model the SL-TP pair from MT4................

That's exactly what I wrote about.

C-4:

The second problem does exist, as brokers are slow to create a quality story. We, algotraders, have been put in a stalemate situation. On the one hand we cannot test on our quotes, on the other hand there is no quality history from the brokers (look at the opening futures glues for example). Apparently algotrading is too small a market segment for any broker to seriously consider.

Anyone forgotten?

Silent:
Anyone forgotten?
Fibo clickers?

Wex:

My MT4 terminal is not working, or rather has stopped working. It says "Old version" and does not offer an automatic "update". Can anybody advise what to do in this case? Everything used to update automatically somehow.

As for OCO - I agree - they are needed in MT5. You could (in particular) model a pair of SL-TPs from MT4. For example, I had a man order a translation of a multi position Expert Advisor from MT4 to MT5. Paid a lot of money. And still TP had to simulate by direct trade, by pending order - no way.

Two multi-directional stop orders on breakout, pretty simple, reliable and common system, suits OCO just fine.

It would be worth introducing them just for the sake of it.

MetaDriver:
Fibo clickers?

Why not? Or is there evidence that there are fewer of them?

Generally speaking, I meant the "multitools". The ones who are multi-instrumentalists (forex multiclickers).

PS Many, I think, B***o prisnopamy remember. The number of instruments is exactly the factor that helped them go up. Probably helped them to go down too, with the help of competitors.

Silent:

Why not? Or is there evidence that there are fewer of them?

Generally speaking, I meant the "multitools". The ones who are multi-instrumentalists (multi-instrumentalists in Fore).

What does this have to do with history? Clicker-multi-instrumentalists don't need it.
Reason: