Interesting topic for many: what's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 27

papaklass:

Answer with a quote from ANG3110 ...

Would love to see first hand how your limit applications stop this mayhem. :) No offense.

the market considers everything and everyone.

Market considers everything and everyone.Buy and sellorders influence price in the short term, closed trades influence price performance in the long term, and large volumes influence velocity - so there is no mistake about your reasoning.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Виды заявок в стакане цен - Документация по MQL5

Understand this: stop orders are virtual orders. That is, they are a condition on which a real order (limit or a la market) is sent. We can create as many virtual orders as we want using any logic, not just the dumbest one:

if (Ask >= PriceOpen)
  OpenBUY();

BuyStop_byBID logic is also simple, but much better:

if (Bid >= PriceOpen)
  OpenBUY();

In fact, breakout TSs use more complicated logic. Someone opens when the EMA (spread) enters certain limits, someone comes up with something else. Anyway, people come to all this with some practice. Again, this is the basics of algotrading.

P.S. Even OpenBUY() is a virtual function, i.e. has its own algorithm. Someone is using a primitive:

OrderSend(OP_BUY);

A competent algotrader uses a different one:

OrderSend(OP_BUYLIMIT, PriceOpen - MaxSlipPage); // ограничивает максимальное проскальзывание величиной MaxSlipPage. В MT4/5 такое не прокатит - 13 лет успешных разработок платформ порешали, что не нужно.

Some ECN/STP developers are so knowledgeable that they put many such things in the architecture itself to make it easier for inexperienced algotraders to bump into them. But really, such things should be entirely on the shoulders of the algotrader.

hrenfx: ... BuyStop_byBID logic is also simple, but much better:
It is not clear how to obtain orders of this type - SellLimit_byASK / BuyLimit_byBID - from common orders (pending orders) ? From here

So all virtual orders are stored somewhere and are constantly checked to see if they are triggered. Ducas has decided that such virtual orders are important and has allowed them to be stored on the trade server. Dus has gone even further by allowing us to write custom virtual orders and store them on the trade servers. And some (algotraders) do not listen to anyone, they just take a close to the trading server VPS + fast client trading API and register these virtual orders in their trading robot.

There are no stop orders in the market. There are not even market orders. It's all virtual bullshit and is a derivative of real limit orders.

GaryKa:
It is not clear how to get SellLimit_byASK / BuyLimit_byBID orders from ordinary orders? From here

The DrWeb link-checking page suspects:

http://www.dukascopy.com/wiki/js/interface.js#Set_Conditional_Order/Limit_Order probably infected with SCRIPT.Virus
Dr.Web CureIt! — download free anti-virus! Cure viruses, Best free anti-virus scanner!
  • free.drweb.com
Dr.Web LiveCD is a free utility that will help you restore your system after a virus attack, that rendered your desktop inaccessible and the operating system wouldn't boot or has become unstable. Supported operating systems include Windows 2000 - Windows 8 as well as Unix and Linux Dr.Web removal utility This utility is designed for removal of...

Sorry for the naive question...

The need for ask(OHLC) as opposed to bid(OHLC)+spread is due to the fact that in the first case it is 4d data and in the second 1d ? So there is more information, or am I missing something?

Thank you.

The paradox is that the amount of information needed is even less than is currently being spent. And so the main problem is this:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Interesting topic for many: What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way

hrenfx, 2013.08.07 20:57

I have suggested a simple variant to increase the accuracy of testing. Who among 100 000 MQL community supported it? Who needs it?

You traders sitting on the meth, have you all gone nuts? People who have their own testers, optimizers, etc. are writing and proving their opinions here for you. Are you out there on your PAMM accounts completely stiff? You chop the money, if only it works. What a primitive way, you do not need the accuracy. Or, have you become so dumb and lazy that you do not want anything, as long as you have money?

And the rest - don't you even theoretically understand the importance of asc-history? You talk about some fucking spreads and the supposed importance of tick history. It's been spelt outto you that tick history for monovaluators is 99% of the time fucking useless. Can't you just think about it?

I.e. the problem is not just total illiteracy but also total passivity. Or am I an idiot.

hrenfx:

The paradox is that the amount of information needed is even less than is currently being spent. And so the main problem is this:

That is, the problem is not only total illiteracy, but also total passivity. Or I'm an idiot.
On the subject of passivity. I'm content with what's already in MT5. Probably 90-99% of algotraders have enough too. Those who want improvements write about it.

paladin800:
On the subject of passivity. I'm satisfied with what I already have in MT5. Maybe 90-99% of all algotraders are satisfied with it too. Those who want improvements write about it.

Nothing from the wishes, concerning systematic trading. Out of 100,000 in the community, 99,800 lose money. 100 make money on the Market. 100 make money trading. 50 out of them - algotrading.

Those 50 are *** to C because of their passivity.

Reason: