Why is trading without stop-loss considered absurd for many! - page 3

Everyone trades as they can. Some trade according to their own TS, others copy or imitate someone else. I trade without any stops - I only set trawl. The main thing in trading - the right direction. And the drawdown can be argued endlessly....

Yuri Evseenkov:
The absurdity of working without stops is that the strategy can be flawed. And while you sit or hedge swaps slowly but surely destroy the deposit. If it is not kari trade, the money is locked up and does not work, and if you sit for a long time, the broker and the money can give in for a long time.
The swaps on gold are pennies, yes, they can be wrong if they are a couple of months old and not years old...
But even with these locks, the deposit can grow steadily, without affecting the growth of the deposit

Oxana Tambur:
It is desirable of course on the gold to work with drawdowns up to 50%, but I admit the entire existence of the account, which trades exclusively in the gold, the maximum drawdown was 64%, so that entries are not always accurate, sometimes wave analysis makes sweat)) So far in one year and three months on this account 238% growth
Commendable, I also don't use SL on gold. When using the strategy without SL on euro/dollar, I ran into a problem on a cent account with open position limits of 100 in one and 200 in the other DC. Having accumulated 100 and 200 positions in each account I was involuntarily left out of the market for a long time. Although, all of them have closed with profit. How do you handle situations like this when the market has decisively moved in the wrong direction?

Oxana Tambur:
I don't really care who and how they trade, someone who has a well-established strategy, he does not need to constantly sit at the monitor, do the analysis, set the deals and go away.
)) Are you a girl? Usually the weaker sex is intuitive. I should be friends with you hehe))

Oxana Tambur:
On gold swaps are penny stocks, yes it can be wrong if it is a couple of months old and not years old...
But even with these locks, the deposit can increase steadily without affecting the deposit growth
And how long to sit on gold if you bought it 5 years ago at 1700?

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Commendable, I also do not use SL on gold. When using the strategy without SL on Euro/Dollar, I ran into a problem on a cent account with an open position limit of 100 in one and 200 in the other DC. Having accumulated 100 and 200 positions in each account I unintentionally found myself out of the market for a long time. Although, all of them closed with profit. How do you handle situations like this when the market decidedly went in the wrong direction?
To begin with, not only do I not place stop-losses, I do not close losing positions, so there are two variants: either a deal goes straight to profit and I move it to breakeven, and then I know approximately where it will go (thanks to Elliott Waves), or I sit out, but it does not mean that I stop trading, I keep on trading

Yuri Evseenkov:
And how long to sit on gold if you bought at 1700 5 years ago?
Alas, gold won't go above 1500 for the next year or two, or even more, so you have to ask those who are really stuck with buying at that price))))

Oxana Tambur:
To begin with, not only do I not place stop-losses, I also do not have a single closed losing position, so there are two possibilities, either the trade goes straight to profit and I move it to breakeven, and there, I know approximately where it will reach (thanks to Elliott Waves), or I sit too long, but this does not mean that I stop trading, I continue to trade further
Then, I'll ask another way. What is the maximum number of open positions you have had in practice trading without stops?

Alexander Ivanov:
)) are you a girl? Usually the weaker sex is intuitive. We should be friends with you hehe)))
All men have intuition, not all have the desire to make a hobby out of their work. Those who chase big money in the markets are losing out. Only 5 percent have understood how to manage the markets))))

Yousufkhodja Sultonov:
Then, let me ask you another question. What is the maximum number of open positions you've had in practice without stops?
Honestly, I have never counted)) As many entries I have, I open as many deals, and I have never set any limits or maximums in open positions))
Reason: