mt5/mt4? - page 3

tol64:
It's star fever from 'anticipated success'. )))
80% on the flop. I'm betting on a multi-currency tester's grail of 5s. If not... ...we'll survive. )))

IgorM:

Well, if you have really chosen metatrader yourself, you are definitely on the right track. mql4 is as close to C as possible, and mql5 is similar to c++.

I do not know how they teach programming at universities now, but about 10 years ago they taught C for the first six months and then C++.

To avoid confusing you with a lot of opinions and advice, I would recommend you to open source code from МТ4 and МТ5 standard delivery and make minor changes in ready code yourself. If you do not have the desire to thoroughly study the programming - MT5 has a wizard for creating Expert Advisors, maybe this will be enough.

ZS: From the wikistattia " MetaTrader " reference to "The system trader and the choice of program" http://www.spekulant.ru/modules/archive/2004_07_st16.html, the comparison MetaTrader should be copied in humor :)

I want to learn it thoroughly, but for me the patterns created by Wizard are good enough for professionals as well, I don't see the point in writing the same thing every time. I like mt5 more, frankly speaking. The fact that brokerage companies have problems with it is very sad, so I started this topic hoping to understand what predictions in this regard. I have been working with the program for 4 years and it's hard to understand what kind of problems may be unresolved with brokerage companies for such a long time and the question is if they will be resolved.

Wewill not be able to solve them:

Why don't the brokerage companies move to 5, we are also interested. If we have a complete list of all parameters, we will have to look for them.

Is there any possibility to launch Expert Advisor on mt5 demo and to copy trades through an intermediary file or intercept them "on the fly" in mt4 from forex club or alpari?

Alex_Bondar:

I'm going to study it thoroughly, but the routine templates that wizard creates are to my taste even for professionals, what's the point of writing the same thing every time. I like mt5 much more, frankly speaking. The fact that brokerage companies have problems with it is very sad, that's why I started this thread, hoping to understand what predictions in this regard. I have been working with the program for 4 years and it's hard to understand what kind of problems may be unresolved with brokerage companies for such a long time and the question is if they will be resolved.

What about the possibility to launch the Expert Advisor on mt5 demo and who copies trades via intermediary file or intercepts them "on the fly" in mt4 from forex club or alpari?

you can do it through a file. Just put the mt4 terminal in the MQL5/Files/ folder

Alex_Bondar:

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Please do me the courtesy of clarifying some points. From my analysis of forex trading platforms, I made a choice in favour of metatrader but an unprecedented issue arose as for me the choice of versions. Usually the choice is obvious in such a case and it is in favour of the latest version, but in this case, especially after attending a seminar and individual advice from a local forex club, everything got completely confused :(

At first I thought that such a powerful inertia of the transition from mt4 to mt5 associated with the human factor (habits, lack of time to learn, etc.) only users, but it was even greater inertia among dealing centres. When I asked at the local forexclub when I would get mt5 on the real account they just hinted to me that it will not be soon for real account, there are some problems with it and it would be better to use mt4 and Mql4. This situation is very strange.

My question is: What is the probability of such a strange event that mt5 will not take root? Mt4 will stay and develop in its own way. I think it is important to know. According to my estimations mql5 will take years to be mastered on good level and i should be sure that in a couple of years all brokerage companies will work with mt5 like they do with mt4 now.

I have already started working with MQL5 and have a good experience in this field.

Sincerely Alex.

For now MQL5 and MT5 are products that are not used by very many people. Most of the features and functions a trader needs are in MT4, there are even more features for professional developers of trading systems - possibility to change/load their history and set their own spread when testing. The mechanism of simultaneous trading of several EAs on one symbol and trading of several simultaneous orders on one symbol in one EA (while most non-trivial trading systems open several simultaneous orders) is much more complicated in MT5, which, combined with the impossibility to edit history and set one's own spread, makes it not so popular among professional traders, despite the greatly improved strategy tester.
Why are dealing clients not moving to MT5? Maybe it is not good enough, and maybe they don't have necessary instruments (liquidity bridges).
In my opinion the probability (specifically for forex) is now at least 60 to 40 so far in favour of MT4.

So start with mql4, firstly, it is much easier and its studying will take less time, and secondly, after learning it will be much easier to master mql5, if such a need actually arises.

lordlev:
And who found a pattern in these toys and earns? Show me the genius.

Why would you do that? )) Why would you want to see a genius and see him make money? Why are you asking for someone to convince you otherwise? What is your goal? Are you dissatisfied? Do you have doubts? Or something else? ))

If what you have is not enough, keep working on it yourself. After all these years (from your words) you could have noticed that nothing just goes down. ))

TheXpert

80% on the splash. I'm betting on a multicurrency tester's grail of 5s. If not... ))))

) What if I have got a finger in the sky. )) ) And if it is a tester, I would like to know how it turned out. Also interesting. There will already be three tester versions if anything. ))

tol64:

Why would you want to do that? )) Why would you want to see a genius and see him make money? Why are you asking for someone to convince you otherwise? What is your goal? Are you dissatisfied? Do you have doubts? Or something else? ))

If what you have is not enough, keep working on it yourself. After all these years (from your words) you could have noticed that nothing just goes down. ))

And suddenly you've got your finger in the sky. )) And if a tester, then I would like to know how it came out that way. Also interesting. There will already be three tester versions, if anything. ))

I just want the facts, not arrogant words about how "you're wasted" etc. Let's since you're on the side of "graffon" be kind with the proofs.

AntFX:

So far MQL5 and MT5 is a product that is not used by very many people. Most of the features and functions necessary for a trader are available in MT4, some features are even more for professional developers of trading systems - the possibility to change/load their history and to set their own spread when testing. The mechanism of simultaneous trading of several EAs on one symbol and trading of several simultaneous orders on one symbol in one EA (while most non-trivial trading systems open several simultaneous orders) is much more complicated in MT5, which, combined with the impossibility to edit history and set one's own spread, makes it not so popular among professional traders, despite the greatly improved strategy tester.
Why are dealing clients not moving to MT5? Maybe it is not good enough, and maybe they don't have necessary instruments (liquidity bridges).
In my opinion the probability (specifically for forex) is now at least 60 to 40 so far in favour of MT4.

So start with mql4, firstly, it is much easier and its studying will take less time, and secondly, after studying it it will be much easier to master mql5, if such a need actually arises.

I noticed about downloading/unloading of quotes history at once, but I thought it may be that this possibility is hidden somewhere else in mt5, if it is absent at all, I don't know why they did it that way. It's strange that you cannot change spread in testing. I did not know that it may have a positive effect. I also do not know about the complication of working of several Expert Advisors on one symbol but I have not calculated it in details. However, I suppose it is a correct step towards simplifying, because mathematically the result is averaged anyway, especially knowing that it does not matter visually to an EA how it looks like one summed order or several separate ones. But maybe I'm wrong. If so, I would appreciate a link to an example of such a difference.

Yeaas... 60\40 is a screaming proportion, given the existence of 5, very strange, frankly speaking, I hoped that I would change my mind in the opposite, why the feeling as if I choose to date what to install the OS, winXP or win7 when the 8 is sort of already turned up, and I was told at the site 7-ki, they say guy XP-ha cooler:))) So you have to go against your instincts.

It turns out abnormal situation, which may turn out to be a general decline in popularity ratings of both mt5 and mt4, the first as, for some reason, for 4 years there is no consensus on the seemingly important "little things", despite the fact that the first steps towards visual programming, which is now becoming increasingly popular in algo-trading and for good reason, and 4-can soon begin to fall behind the competition.

Thanks for the clarification and recommendations. I'll have to weigh it all up again and try to understand the trend for the next couple of years.

2 Alex_Bondar

>> But maybe I'm wrong, if so I would be grateful for a link to an example of such a difference.

I will not give the link, but on my fingers - to adapt a multi-position TS to MT5 trading either its logic should be almost completely reworked taking into account the netting or an additional "gimmick" in the form of a virtual orders manager should be used. Both are quite tricky, though of course it is possible and not a big problem for a professional developer.

>> Yeah... 60\40 is a screaming proportion considering the age of 5, very strange, frankly I was hoping to be reassured otherwise

That's my personal opinion. It may well be wrong -) I honestly hope so myself, as I personally like the 5 better in essence, although some of the details are frustrating.

lordlev:
I just want facts, not arrogant words about "you're wasted" etc. Let's since you're on the side of "graffon" be kind with the proofs.

We are in the same boat. Or does separating into insiders and outsiders bring comfort? Or maybe discomfort, without which you cannot achieve comfort? ))

Everybody wants facts and everyone has in his/her set of natural properties such as (1) provocation in order to find out advantageous information for oneself on a non-reciprocal basis. One can also provoke a person to (2) obtain information on the basis of mutually beneficial points of contact (mutually beneficial cooperation). It is just that someone uses the first (1) property and someone uses the second (2). It works and manifests itself even in children sometimes. This is elementary psychology. In my opinion, the first (1), an abominable quality, but there is little else I do not like. If there is something (whatever it is), it means it was needed for something. No one knows why in the true sense, we can only lightly touch it, but the whole cosmic algorithm in its entirety is clearly not available to us. That is why we are in the same boat.

You want the facts right here and now, while everyone has been asked to wait a year to see/not see if your finding works or not. Test in the tester as you posted don't offer it. I didn't even do it (although I downloaded it for review) when I saw that all already optimised parameters are just sewn inside. That is, you can't check it for insinuations, though I wanted to. It is possible that even if you had provided such an opportunity (optimization parameters) the TS would have crashed through my testing methods, but in such cases I usually apply additional methods in my developments to strengthen the TS. And now it's effectively a "black box" and in this form looks like a calculation for suckers. At least at this stage. The signals will show. ))

Anyway. Since you were the first to start with not providing the facts or with their partial disclosure and postponement for a whole year, and not without arrogance and watering down everyone and everything with the brand of "nonsense", maybe you should provide the facts yourself first. After all, if you want to be treated the way you imagine it, you yourself need to behave in a similar way. ))

Isn't the text too stressful? It's psychology. I'm not trying to be hurtful. I'm simply describing a picture which I observe in cold blood from the outside. That is, the facts actually occurring. ))

A little more about distorted information and distorted reality. You hear from someone about a certain trading method. The details and nuances, and in your interpretation of "facts that prove the profitability of the method", which can be very many, of course were not provided to you. You're annoyed by this for some reason. You rushed to the expanses of the Internet to read about the method. Of course, you won't find anything on the plate there either. You can only find a part of it everywhere, and then you have to think, work and spend your time. But after so many years you must be very tired. Tired of being told only a part by all sides and of all the other nuances being ignored, and of having to do everything yourself. This is the key (cause) of annoyance. )))

I saw a blog once. I don't remember the exact title. So there the author is trying to refute different trading methods from books. To be honest, after reading a couple of articles, I laughed (not mockingly) for a long time. I laughed at how different people can perceive the same information in completely different ways and get completely different results. And also perceive the result differently. And then get almost the opposite result in a real trade. And then swap places according to the results. )))

That's why I like to read everything in a row and then check it personally. First I test a naked idea and then run it through my own methods of testing, optimization, volume management, etc. As a result, I have accumulated quite a few different schemes, which I take my time to prepare for real trading. )))

What could you have learned in a couple of minutes ("glimpse")? You haven't even written or shown what you've read and where, and most importantly, how you understood it and on what basis you drew your conclusions, and you immediately start watering it down. Such an approach only underscores your meagre attitude. So better get on with the business you are betting on and show your class in signals. We're all watching with interest. Maybe we'll get lucky. It happens too in the broth of cosmic chaos. )))

Until the fate of MT5 becomes clearer, start with MT4. For novice programmers, MT4 is fine: the language is much simpler. I myself switched to MT5 in 2010 and I´m developing my own system using MT5 for different reasons:

1. Better optimizer (the number of parameters is not limited).

2. Deeper history for all the quotes

For now, besides these 2 advantages I do not see others for me. But after the development of my system I will have to rewrite it on MT4 because no broker in the USA does not offer MT5 yet. In my opinion metaquotes should have improved MT4 instead of introducing a new MT5 so that the old codes work in the new environment. For example, in MQL4, input parameter is described by input key, while in MQL5 it is described by extern key. Was this and other syntax changes of the language really necessary for its functionality? It was possible to introduce classes and structures and other additions to MQL4 without destroying its compatibility with old codes. The new environment with a new language has most likely been created for financial reasons: new product - new licenses. The programmers benefit from it: new language means new orders for old codes to be rewritten into the new language.