What's new in MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 - big changes on the way - page 12

Andrei01:
Good. ) The spread and speed of trades execution has not improved since the switch to MT5. That is, there is no economic sense, but only for the love of art. )

MT5 was supposed to change the spread in the market ? ahrenetic

Mischek2:
MT5 should have changed the spread in the market ?
Spread is an example, profit is made of different things, but if a trader is not economically interested in a product they will not switch to it, and forcing them to do so is difficult.

Andrei01:
the spread is an example,
an example of what?

Mischek2:
An example of what?

what the profits are made of

Renat:

Another good improvement for MQL4 code is that it will become much better tested and previously unnoticed bugs will inevitably pop up. It's all at the expense of a new, better compiler.

Renat, come to your senses! Don't do that! A large part of the existing codes in the Code Base for MT4 will simply stop working because of the increased criticality of the compiler!

It's better to weaken the syntax requirements in MQL5 within the acceptable limits.

Andrei01:
what the profits are made of

Profit from the spread does not add up

MoneyJinn:

Renat, come to your senses! Don't do this! A large part of the existing codes in Code Base for MT4 will simply stop working because of the increased criticality of the compiler!

Here again, no one reads and no one thinks.

it was clearly written to you in russian-programmer

#property strict - to enable strictness

and in the same post that you quote. flaw :)))

I think it would be better to call it MT4.5, because it is more humanly correct, and there are millions of people, especially non-Russians, who do not know what is now and then. If you do not know the exact name of the product, you will see that it is Mt4, but it is an updated product, so people will understand and look for information, maybe those who have left Mt4 for some reason, will come back again, etc. They may say that we do not want to introduce the third product, but I believe it is better to remove Mt5 and change it to Mt4.5. I think it is better to remove mt5 and make it mt4.5, especially because mt5 has not proved its popularity, the sense to keep it for units.

P / S while I was writing I did not see it, after I read the latest forum posts it turns out I'm not the only one who has similar thoughts and concerns.

sitt:

But as for me, not as a programmer but as a trader, it is better to remove mt5 and make mt4.5.

I think it's better to remove mt5 and make it mt4.5.

sitt:

But as for me, not as a programmer but as a trader, it is better to remove mt5 and make mt4.5

You are not a programmer, 4.5 is impossible... Only 4096 or at least 8182
Reason: