Why don't I read the articles? - page 14

When comparing S# with MT5 we were only talking about exchanges, even more narrowly - Russian exchanges.

As for spot-FOREX, there are cardinal differences from exchanges - the concept of limit orders redirects(example), positive slippage of limit orders, latency to each liquidity source (Level2 must contain at each level a volume weighted average latency), the lack of a single Time&Sales (in MT5, it seems, also not).

As for brokers, no one is stopping you from trading with transparent conditions, where the broker earns ONLY on commission. That's exactly how I trade.

I wrote to you on my PM.

sergeev:

You are probably not competent here, you don't have all the information about servers and terminals of all these platforms.
And it makes no sense to ask you to write the advantages of any of them.

I'm so sick of this wording!

Put the instructions for administering the server part out in the open, so that everyone has full information about the capabilities of the platform. Or is there something to hide. Read the version on version 4, nothing supernatural. I don't understand, my company uses software, which costs hundreds of thousands of dollars, all documentation is available in the public domain, the server part can be downloaded and tested (it is clear that the main thing is integration and adaptation to business processes). I don't understand.

hrenfx:

When comparing S# with MT5 we were only talking about exchanges, even more narrowly - Russian exchanges.

Then this comparison made no sense. As the result we get one and a half diggers. :)
Let's then compare different platforms without touching their algo capabilities. As they say flies apart, cutlets apart.

As for FOREX, there are cardinal differences from exchanges - the notion of limit order redirects, positive slippage of limit orders, latency to each liquidity source (Level2 must contain volume-weighted average latency at each level).

As for brokers, no one is stopping you from trading with transparent terms, where the broker earns ONLY on commission. That's exactly how I trade.

I'm sure you don't know the extent of this transparency 100%.
The broker may have given you a low spread and added a couple of quid in commission per mio/lot. But I think the broker himself has something from the LP from that spread. Otherwise there's no point in him working with you at all, earning a lump of commission on your transactions.

So in any case - tick history is useless in most cases. Even for strategies that try to use it.
The most you can get out of it is the flaws in LP's data transfer technology and try to make some money on it.

I've seen the private message.

Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
Алгоритм генерации тиков в тестере стратегий терминала MetaTrader 5
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 позволяет во встроенном тестере стратегий моделировать автоматическую торговлю с помощью экспертов на языке MQL5. Такое моделирование называется тестированием экспертов, и может проводиться с использованием многопоточной оптимизации и одновременно по множеству инструментов. Для проведения тщательного тестирования требуется генерировать тики на основе имеющейся минутной истории. В статье дается подробное описание алгоритма, по которому генерируются тики для исторического тестирования в клиентском терминале MetaTrader 5.

St.Vitaliy:

I am so sick of this wording!

Put the instructions for administering the server part out in the public domain,

I don't know how I got them from all the trading platforms, we are not talking about one MT5, but about how it compares to other platforms.

I can't think of anyone who has at least five accesses to the servers of different platforms that can say anything about the quality of their work.

Therefore, if there is anything we can discuss here, it is the result in the form of user terminals.

sergeev:

I don't know if I should upset you or not, but the situation in forex with ticks is that for every account any bank gives different quotes, spreads, swaps, etc. Depending on how much dough you give them in your account.
And trying to analyse their ticks is just non-sense. It makes no sense.
I can't understand what can be found in the illusion. and I don't understand why you grasp at it. you can't convince the MCs that the illusion of ticks is sacred and they should pass it on to you in the terminal. If such a time comes, it certainly won't come from forex. And perhaps from the introduction of real promotions into the platform.

In markets other than forex you may find that everything is true and identical, but you do not take into account the reality.
That brokers also need to make money - either on spread or commission. And this imposes its own changes in the quoting process at a given broker. So also on your millisecond history.

In general, ticks are a bummer. you can't build real strategies on illusion.

You see, the problem is, on the RTS, $5bn goes through HFT. And milliseconds are important there. Secondly, have you ever tried to take a position in a fast-moving market? On the forex there is no such thing, because the dealer simply puts "no price". On the exchange, the concept "no price" simply does not exist, at any time by sending a market order it will be executed.

I personally don't care, I'm not in a position for less than an hour. But if MT5 works with discrecity of a second, and not on the fact of change (I do not know whether or not), then it has nothing to do in exchange segment. The exchange terminal is designed to update quotes with the lowest possible delay, but in real time.

sergeev:
Unfortunately, you have little idea of the current rules in the institutional FOREX industry. Its architecture etc. It's like a conversation between a theorist and a practitioner.

I use M1-history (I use "by opening prices" in my calculator) for many TPs (non-pips). But M1-history I form myself on the basis of tick history and based on many factors.

What is the sense of a perfect spread if it has little liquidity? And the spread itself (all other things being equal - liquidity, quality of execution, etc.) is a very poor reflection of trading conditions.

My broker provides me exactly the same conditions as all his other clients. Moreover, if desired, any client can get a FIX-log of their order execution through the support team, which will even indicate the LP.

По сути имеем S# 

Enlighten a dark person as to what S# is. Google gave me something I don't understand. Isn't it from AT&T Bell?

St.Vitaliy:

Have you ever tried to take a position in a fast-moving market? There is no such thing in forex, because the dealer simply puts "no price". On the exchange, there is no such thing as "no price"; at any time you send a market order, it will be executed.

Holy naivety. Apparently, born of banal erudition.

I personally don't care, I'm not in a position for less than an hour. But if MT5 works with discrecity of a second, and not on the fact of change (I do not know whether or not), then it has nothing to do in exchange segment. The exchange terminal is supposed to update quotes with the shortest possible delay but in real time

You have obviously got the sections mixed up. You need to delve into"Articles","Documentation" and"Help" for a week.

hrenfx:

And the broker gives me exactly the same conditions as all his other clients. Moreover, if any client wants, they can get a FIX-log of their order via support, which will even show LP.

So? I think I'm making it clear to a deaf person. MT5 has it all.

I always read your articles on exchanges carefully.

But unfortunately I get the strong impression that you are a bit of a theorist too, you like to rant not on specific things, but in an aloof and abstract way.
Trying to find the truth for yourself by denying the opinion of others, to be proven to you that MT5 is no different from any other platform, except for better capabilities :)

I think it's time to call it a day. It's all for nothing. Chronologically:

1. Said something about the advantages of S#.
  2. Said that S# is designed for Russian exchanges. With the same success (you only need to create a connector) it can be used on other exchanges. For FOREX it requires considerable modification of S# architecture, but the basic architecture will be preserved, which is its charm.
  3. Told about the importance of milliseconds, mentioned a little bit about liquidity and latency.
  4. Told that my broker (MT4) provides transparent institutional conditions, earning commission only.

Everything was told in narrative form. No arguments or proofs. No aim to convince anyone of anything. Just a protracted conversation, giving some insight into the interlocutors and their experience.

Reason: