Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 826

novichok2018:

Oh, my God! And who's going to answer me there, if the last message was on February 5?

You are in the main section of the MQL5 forum. By the way, this topic also has a name, which exactly indicates the belonging to MQL5.

For MQL4 there is a separateMQL4 and MetaTrader 4 section, so there will be no confusion.

Vladimir Karputov:

You are in the main section of the MQL5 forum. By the way, this topic also has a name, which specifies exactly where it belongs in MQL5.

For MQL4 there is a separate sectionMQL4 and MetaTrader 4, so there is no confusion.

And #8284 is also kind of an MQL4 topic.

novichok2018:

And No. 8284 is also sort of an MT4 code.

No. It's a chameleon code. Read the code carefullyinclude

Vladimir Karputov:

No. This is chameleon code. Read theinclude code carefully

No, it's not. I don't know anything about MT5, I would like to understand it in MT4. But now that you have paid attention to my very first question, maybe you will help me figure it out further. I do not know anything about it.

novichok2018:

I don't know anything about MT5, I just want to get to grips with MT4. I don't know anything about MT5 at all, I would like to get to grips with MT4. But since you are the only one who paid attention to my very first question, maybe you can help me figure it out further, because that thread is kind of sleepy. I have already started studying MQL5.

Start studying MQL5. It will be very useful for you. It is quite simple, if you have a desire.

So, let's start learning to write in MQL5.

Vladimir Karputov:

Start learning MQL5. It will come in handy. It's pretty simple - all it takes is the desire.

So: Let's start learning to write in MQL5.

What are the fundamental differences between MQL5 and MQL4? Does my code example in MQL5 look totally different?

novichok2018:

What is the fundamental difference between MKL5 and MKL4? Would the code I gave you look completely different in MKL5?

Yes, it would.

A different ideology: in MQL5 an order generates a trade, a trade generates a position. Here the "order" is a trade order.

General principles - Trade operations

Vladimir Karputov:

Yes. It's different.

Different ideology: in MQL5 an order generates a trade, a trade generates a position.

I don't get it. How about in MQL4? Maybe, I am simply illiterate? I call an open order a position, that's all. I do not want to work with pending orders yet.

novichok2018:

I don't get it. What's it like in MKL4? Maybe I just made an illiterate point? I call a position an open order, that's all. I do not want to work with pending orders yet.

Sorry, this topic is about MQL5.

Vladimir Karputov:

Sorry, this thread is about MQL5.

It's all clear: we're experts on cutlets here, but we don't know how to fry meat. Well, I'll wait for an answer in the "meat" thread... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reason: