Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 379

lexinson:

Please read the documentation:

Return value (by Ordersend())

Returns the ticket number which is assigned to the order by the trade server or -1 in case of failure.To geterrorinformation, callGetLastError().

Коды возврата торгового сервера - Документация на MQL4
  • docs.mql4.com
Коды возврата торгового сервера - Документация на MQL4

Hello. Can you please tell me why I tested my EA with good results, but other people who downloaded the demo version of my EA from the market have poor results? What is the reason? What may be affecting the test result?

Tatiana Zyrianova:
Hello. Can you please tell me why I tested my EA with good results, but other people who downloaded the demo version of my EA from the market have poor results? What is the reason? What may be affecting the result of testing?
If you are sure that the sets are the same, it may be the spread if the account is in another brokerage company or even the account type if it is in the same brokerage company.

How do I know the symbol restrictions in MT4 (full access, close only, etc.)? Of course programmatically, I don't know how to do it with my eyes either.

Andrey Dik:
How do I know the symbol restrictions in MT4 (full access, close only, etc.)? Of course programmatically, I don't know how to do it with my eyes either.
SymbolInfoInteger(_Symbol,SYMBOL_TRADE_MODE)

Good afternoon,

Please explain what is meant by:

Signal_ThresholdOpen

Signal_ThresholdClose

How do they work, what does changing the value do?

kashi_ann:

Good afternoon,

Signal_ThresholdOpen

Signal_ThresholdClose

Well, Threshold actually translates as "threshold". Therefore, let's take it from there. Most likely, it is a threshold for triggering an open signal and a threshold for triggering a close signal. I can't tell you anything else from the information in your question.

kashi_ann:

Good afternoon,

Signal_ThresholdOpen

Signal_ThresholdClose

Here are two searchable articles on signals and mql5 wizard: https://www.mql5.com/ru/search#!keyword=Signal_ThresholdOpen&module=mql5_module_articles&author=MetaQuotes&method=2

Looked at the links, there seems to be only actual application. And they put both 60 and 50... I looked for other articles... But I didn't find anything that says what happens if I set 40 or 10 or 100...

I'm parsing an elementary MA Expert Advisor line by line from one article.

//--- inputs for expert
input string             Expert_Title                  ="TestExpert"; // Document name
ulong                    Expert_MagicNumber            =23320;        // 
bool                     Expert_EveryTick              =false;        // 
//--- inputs for main signal
input int                Signal_ThresholdOpen          =10;           // Signal threshold value to open [0...100]
input int                Signal_ThresholdClose         =10;           // Signal threshold value to close [0...100]
input double             Signal_PriceLevel             =0.0;          // Price level to execute a deal
input double             Signal_StopLevel              =50.0;         // Stop Loss level (in points)
input double             Signal_TakeLevel              =50.0;         // Take Profit level (in points)
input int                Signal_Expiration             =4;            // Expiration of pending orders (in bars)
input int                Signal_MA_PeriodMA            =85;           // Moving Average(85,0,...) Period of averaging
input int                Signal_MA_Shift               =0;            // Moving Average(85,0,...) Time shift
input ENUM_MA_METHOD      Signal_MA_Method              =MODE_SMA;      // Moving Average(85,0,...) Method of averaging
input ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE  Signal_MA_Applied             =PRICE_CLOSE;    // Moving Average(85,0,...) Prices series
input double             Signal_MA_Weight              =1.0;          // Moving Average(85,0,...) Weight [0...1.0]
//--- inputs for trailing
input int                Trailing_FixedPips_StopLevel  =30;           // Stop Loss trailing level (in points)
input int                Trailing_FixedPips_ProfitLevel=50;           // Take Profit trailing level (in points)
//--- inputs for money
input double             Money_FixLot_Percent          =10.0;         // Percent
input double             Money_FixLot_Lots             =0.1;          // Fixed volume

These are all input parameters; changing values affects something.

I found in the manual:

The ThresholdOpen parameter can accept values from 0 to 100. It is used to detect whether it is necessary to open a position according to "voting" results.

The "ThresholdClose" parameter can take values from 0 to 100. Used for determining whether the position should be closed following the results of "voting".

What is this "voting"? What do these two parameters affect?

kashi_ann:

Looked at the links, there seems to be only actual application. And they put both 60 and 50... I looked for other articles... But I didn't find anything that says what happens if I set 40 or 10 or 100...

I'm parsing an elementary MA Expert Advisor line by line from one article.

These are all input parameters; changing values affects something.

I found in the manual:

The ThresholdOpen parameter can accept values from 0 to 100. It is used to detect whether it is necessary to open a position according to "voting" results.

The "ThresholdClose" parameter can take values from 0 to 100. Used for determining whether the position should be closed following the results of "voting".

What is this "voting"? What do these two parameters affect?

Select Signal_ThresholdOpen in the code and press Crrl+F to find all occurrences of this variable in the code and examine all calculations this variable takes part in. Similarly, search for ThresholdClose.

See if you can figure it out ;)

Reason: