Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 159

Neofit:

ERR_FUNCTION_NOT_ALLOWED

System function not allowed to be called

Please advise what could be the reasons forIndicatorRelease() not being executed???

Is it in the tester?

In fact, the function is not as simple as it may seem from the surface. The point is that in normal operation (not in the tester), this function only decreases the "reference counter" of the indicator, but does not release it physically (indicators in the five are shared, i.e. If the counter is zeroed, it doesn't mean the immediate release. There is a "time-out" (I don't know which one), during which the indicator "sticks" in working state - the possibility of recalls is very high.

// For example the user can just change the version of the EA on the chart...

I.e., in a general case, a very economical scheme of resource consumption is implemented. This is good. But... there are costs in the form of exceptions.

Discussed with the developers the desirability of having a function for immediate forced release.

// Sometimes it is very necessary. For example a script that calculates statistics may call in a loop and calculate several thousand indicators (the same indicators with different parameters are considered as different in the "economical scheme").

I don't know how it ended up there, I think they were going to do it. Look it up on the website and in the Five's helper. // But it's not IndicatorRelease() anyway

How can I move the chart vertically in MT4 so that local high and low go beyond the upper and lower window edges?

I can narrow the chart with the mouse, but I cannot widen it.

trora:

How can I move the chart vertically in MT4 so that local high and low go beyond the upper and lower window edges?

I can narrow the chart with the mouse, but I cannot widen it.

make a fixed scale

i can't tell you how to download my brokerage company's quotes (in particular finam is interested) to MT4 easily? I download from their site CVS file with quotes history, I go offline to history folder and clean it, then I choose the number of bars, then I download the history for the required instrument, then I choose import, then I choose cvsBut I can't figure out how to use it, I just stick it on the chart and nothing happens - I can't even show the settings window, I'm exhausted!!!

mason:
i can't tell you how to download my brokerage company's quotes (in particular finam is interested) to MT4 easily? I download from their site CVS file with quotes history, I go offline to history folder and clean it, then I choose the number of bars, then I download the history of the desired instrument, then I go to import, choose cvsI can't find anything, I just can't figure out how to use it, I put it on the chart and nothing happens - I can't even show the settings window, I'm exhausted!!!
there is a script on mcl4 search in codebase

Good day to all.

Does anyone know why the tester only gives historical data from 2012.01.02?

(The tester has already pumped up the historical data. You can test on any period).

This one gives completely different results.

Print("The very first date on the symbol-period history at the moment = ",
(datetime)SeriesInfoInteger(Symbol(),0,SERIES_FIRSTDATE));
Print("The earliest date in history for the symbol on the server = ",
(datetime)SeriesInfoInteger(Symbol(),0,SERIES_SERVER_FIRSTDATE));

It's in the terminal:

The very first date by symbol-period currently = 1971.01.04 02:00:00

The very first date on the symbol-period history on the server = 1971.01.04 00:00:00

This is in the tester:

First date in the history of the symbol-period = 2012.01.02 09:00:00
The very first date in the history by symbol-period on the server = 2012.01.02 09:00:00

Even software in helper does not help CheckLoadHistory.

Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Информация об исторических данных по инструменту
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Информация об исторических данных по инструменту
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Торговые константы / Информация об исторических данных по инструменту - Документация по MQL5

PetrovichV:

What are your settings in the tester? You can set the period for the test there.

tol64:
What settings do you have in the tester? There you can set the period for the test.
You can test for any period. The Expert Advisor just uploads historical data to train the neural network, but does not give data earlier than two years ago!

PetrovichV:
You can test for any period. The Expert Advisor simply downloads historical data to train the neural network, but does not give data earlier than two years ago!
The broker gives you the data, it's up to him how much and what to give)

PetrovichV:
You can test for any period. The Expert Advisor simply downloads historical data to train the neural network, but does not give data earlier than two years back!
Then set the period with reserve. And start date for test can be set in external parameters of Expert Advisor, if I understood you correctly.
Reason: