Public discussion of the formula for calculating the cost of resources in the MQL5 Cloud Network - page 2

TheXpert:
In order not to change it, you have to know it first. And then you can see how it stabilises itself.
It seems to me that it will not be possible to model correctly without a large number of users and a large number of car providers because of the lack of clarity of the portrait of the average consumer, and most importantly because of the lack of clarity of the portrait of the average landlord. The supply and demand will start to increase and the price will go strongly in the direction of the real average.

Suppose I am a manager and given the task of finding time machine landlords among the office field.

Let there be several live meetings a day. No more than 10 minutes to talk and rightly so. But 99% of managers don't know anything about cloud computing.

It's a lot of people here and those around them who are knowledgeable. But go "out on the street" and ouch . I may be wrong, but it's probably more effective to look for tenants here and "around here".

--------------

think out loud )

Here ( 4th and 5th forum ) comes around 30-40,000 originals a month . To what end? To make money. Let in the long term, but to make money. See above the service "earn" . In the first trusting the resource developer, they are faster "move forward" and are more likely to seize the opportunity to surrender their machine time. Secondly, here they have the money to order the required indicator according to their terms of reference. In third, the number of people who come here once will % decrease and the number of "regular visitors" will increase. (We need to check how much they have accumulated.) And their number is much more valuable than any number of originals. In the fourth, there are many system admins here, and they will find a way to "plan" office machines without unnecessary chatter with the management.

Willing to provide agents for free, and even if I earn something, it will still go to the same place - for testing. Willing to pay a subscription fee. Maybe every 1st day (or at least every day) to divide the received subscription fee (minus the commission) proportionally among the users whose resources were used during the month (again, there is a question - how to divide)? For those who provide their agents, it is possible to make some discounts, or not - at the beginning of the next month some part of the money will be returned anyway. Then there is the question of a fair subscription fee. I think that $10-20 per month will suit many people (or $1 per day), and if even cheaper, then even great. For those who do not want to pay - they can register their agents, who will earn for them, but use the network themselves can only accumulate a certain amount on the account.

If you don't want to pay a monthly fee, you can charge a daily network fee. I.e., either from the terminal or from the forum, click on the button/link "Rent Cloud Network for x days". The funds are deducted, the network becomes available.

In general, I urge to divide "bank" between the participants, and not to guarantee that everyone who rents agent will get $x profit per hour. Then the earnings issue can also be solved quite "simply":

1) let's say you rented a network for a day and paid x c.u. for it.

2) Calculate how much time network agents spent for my optimization

3) divide the time by the number of passes used for me (the average time required by an agent of the network for one pass)

4) cost of the pass = (fee - commission) / (average time / time spent).

And you can't fake PR here, because it doesn't make sense.

And of course, if there will be too many people who want it, then subscription fee can be of auction type (not less than $x, and if it's very urgent, then people who want it can pay more and get the resources they need).

P. S. I would make the network for free, but the developers need to maintain it and the free version is unlikely to satisfy them.

P. P. S.

Просьба ко всем активнее подключаться своими агентами в сеть, чтобы можно было протестировать облако под серьезной нагрузкой. 
По окончании тестирования всем участникам, предоставившим своих агентов, будут начислены бонусы (их можно будет вывести или потратить)!
Added 18 agents the other day, I look at the profile - and there are only 4 left. I don't know where they went. Checked - some are unchecked and some are checked as they should be, but for some reason these agents are not shown in the profile.

I had 34 cores published

found today that some of the cores had fallen away!

came to the conclusion that I needed to upgrade to version 463 and had to go into metatester.exe or metatest64.exe

and once again confirm the publication of specific cores.

I did this on several machines and the cores appeared.

Not all machines had time to do this though.

Unfortunately, I cannot add my comments to the kernels I have published,

Although I can see the comments field for a particular kernel in my profile. But the field is unavailable!

PR - agent performance index (unreliable value, falsifiable)
It is possible to calculate PR based on the benchmark MQL EA, which cannot be changed by the user (written into the terminal code). You can divide PR by the seller's price to give the best offer to the buyer and automatically load the most favourable capacity to the buyers initially.

There are a couple of questions.

1. I've enabled the checkboxes, I've registered the nickname, but I don't know if it's connected or not. User profile 'agent list is empty'. Maybe the firewall won't let me through. How do I know my agent is connected to the Cloud Network?

The first question seems to have fallen away after clicking the Add button.))

2. I would like to pack it into a tray. Is this possible?

pronych:

There are a couple of questions.

1. I've enabled the checkboxes, I've registered the nickname, but I don't know if it's connected or not. User profile 'agent list is empty'. Maybe the firewall won't let me see if my agent is connected to the Cloud Network?

Within 5 minutes of entering all settings on the next call, the agent will be registered in the user profile.

2. I would like to have it tray-packed. Is this possible?

The agents work as services without a GUI. You can occasionally run metatester[64].exe to see the latest statistics

We do not plan to make a status in the tray.

Gelium:
It is possible to calculate PR on the basis of the reference MQL Expert Advisor that a user cannot change (upload to the terminal code).
Yes, that's what we do.

To give the best offer to the buyer, you could divide PR by the seller's price and automatically load the most favourable capacity to the buyers initially.

The price should be unified like "1PR for 1 ms" to make the system reasonable. This price can be translated as a special symbol in our demo MetaQuotes-Demo server.

If everyone is allowed to charge their own prices, it will be a real mess:

• An infestation of scammers who will bid $100 an hour in the hope that someone will show up who will mistakenly "buy everything on the market".
  • buying settings in the terminal will turn into a panel with a lot of conditions and protections against fraud
  • fraud won't stop.

YuraZ:

I had 34 cores published

found today that some of the cores had fallen away!

came to the conclusion that I needed to upgrade to version 463 and had to go into metatester.exe or metatest64.exe

and once again confirm the publication of specific cores.

Yes, the minimum version of the agents is 463, to update them, just use them from the client terminal in "remote agents" mode - they will update. We are now dealing with automatic update of agents installed separately (just one metatester[64].exe).

There is no need to confirm publication - the agents will check their registration on their own at the next poll (now every 5 minutes) and register if necessary.

Comments are likely to come later.

notused:

Willing to provide agents for free, and even if I earn something, it will still go to the same place - for testing. Willing to pay a subscription fee. How about every 1st day (or even every day) to divide the fee received (minus the commission) proportionally among the users whose resources were used during the month (again, there is a question of how to divide)? For those who provide their agents, it is possible to make some discounts, or not - at the beginning of the next month some part of the money will be returned anyway. Then there is the question of a fair subscription fee. I think that $10-20 per month will suit many people (or $1 per day), and if even cheaper, then even great. For those who don't want to pay - they can register their agents, who will earn for them, but can use the network themselves only when they have accumulated a certain amount on the account.

The system should be fair and depend on the actual amount of resources consumed.

The introduction of a subscription fee would immediately create a distortion between the price and the resources consumed. A few users could eat up all the resources, leaving the rest with nothing. After a while, the rest of the traders will get frustrated at not being able to use the network.

Added 18 agents the other day, looked at the profile - and there are only 4 left. I do not know where they are. Checked some of them and some others have unchecked checkboxes, but for some reason these agents are not shown in profile.

Have you checked whether MQL5 login settings for MetaTrader 5 agents, ticked MQL5 Cloud Network and upgraded to build 463.
Reason: