Rules under Work - page 9

Interesting:

Suppose a fair price for the CU is $1,000.

By the way, a question has arisen. Looked at the current cost of real orders. They show some ridiculous prices, $10-$50. What is the average cost of an EA that is potentially ready to produce a stable income (say, within one year)? Would programmers really be willing to sell such EAs for $100?

Interesting:

1. Why wouldn't they agree? If the client and the implementer agree that part of the code will be hidden, who and why should forbid it?

2) The library is a good thing. But it's not quite clear what is "hidden" and which library?

1. I wasn't talking about a part, I was talking about the whole code.

Some of the reasons were already voiced: necessity of recompilation, impossibility to perform full-fledged check. I think that's not all of them.

Do you trust the programmer so much that you can be sure that he/she will be able to recompile the Expert Advisor in a couple of years? The customers will not go for this.

2. Just a compiled library (ex4/ex5) imported into the EA.

Yedelkin:
By the way, I have a question. Looked at the current value of real orders. There are some ridiculous prices, $10-$50. And what is the average cost of an Expert Advisor that is potentially ready to bring a stable income (say, within one year)? Are programmers really willing to sell such EAs for $100?

Profitable EAs are not for sale ;)

And if they do, they don't sell for $100.

The prices are really ridiculous. Although, we have had a couple of good orders.

And the funny thing is that the performers are lining up for each order ... People are willing to work for food, and this is sad.

komposter:

People are willing to work for food, which is sad.

Not necessarily. Some people build up a portfolio. With a lot of competition, it's justified.

Lizar:
Not necessarily. Some people build up a portfolio. If the competition is high, it's justified.

And what's the point of having a portfolio?

If there will always be people making portfolios for themselves in the market, prices will never rise to the level of profitability.

So a programmer who has built up a portfolio in this way will hang it on the wall and admire it.

You may have noticed that in the portfolio you can see the price of the order.

Would you with a serious project to trust a man who has a portfolio crammed with completed orders for $ 10?

Yeah. So far the prices are ridiculous. For a buck a buck, I don't even see the point of doing a mash-up. But that's just for now! There's not much demand yet, not enough brokers, no stock market, which is very important, a lot of things aren't... I think in due course prices will increase by times, if not orders of magnitude. By that time many will have accumulated their own libraries, templates, read source code...

PS. And portfolio, it's not unimportant either. Well, it depends on how you like it. The market dictates the conditions ))

pronych:

Yeah. So far the prices are ridiculous. For a buck a dozen, I don't even see the point of doing a mash cross.

I will not be able to do it. For now EAs are not in demand because there is no place to trade on MT5 on real. But for the analysis I don't know anything better than MT5. And the price for a good indicator will be completely different. And if the indicator is very good, then the desire to write a custom one will disappear and the desire to trade will appear.

It is useless to be offended by the market. It simply honestly reflects the current state of things like a thermometer outside a window, reflecting the current temperature.

It will not become more expensive than a chervonets in the foreseeable future, but it may become cheaper, and that is neither bad nor good. It's the market. It is a good thing for the platform developers though.

pronych:
Curious. I don't know about 1000%. but I once managed to create a system...

It's been around for a long time, and the composter has been there too. Pardon the off-topic.

The thread is .

Mischek:

There is no point in being offended by the market. It simply honestly reflects the current state of things like a thermometer outside a window, reflecting the current temperature.

It will not become more expensive than a chervonets in the foreseeable future, but it may become cheaper, and that is neither bad nor good. It is the market. It is a good thing for the platform developers though.

So I'm not offended. )) The original question is about the source code. It's a concern.
Reason: