Economic calendar - page 17

Vladix:

I can tell you from experience that the longer the lifetime of a position, the closer the results you get. This is nonsense.

I agree, but it can already be called a successful entry into a short-term trend)

Vladix:

I can tell you from experience that the longer the lifetime of a position, the closer the results you get. And you have a nonsense of sorts.

I'm not at home right now and there's nothing on my little netbook... When I get home this weekend I will post the statements and the trading system: how far from the market price to open pending orders, when and when to delete them, what stop loss and take profit for each pair, when to close an open position if it has not closed by itself, etc.

newdigital:
When you say that they violated rules - do you mean people who open positions with huge lots for a few seconds on the news and then start complaining to brokerage companies all over the world? I agree here - the brokerage company will not "let" us do that. But there may be only a handful of them.

Yes. I mean those who open with a big lot (the leverage is usually from 1:100 and above) for less than a minute, or purely on the news rush.

Of course there aren't thousands of them, but there are hundreds.

Interesting:

Yes. I mean those who open with a big lot (the leverage is usually from 1:100 and above) for less than a minute, or purely on the news rush.

Of course, there are not thousands of them, but there are hundreds for sure.

If we are talking about trading the news release, namely the reaction to the discrepancy between published and expected figures, it is usually within a period of a few seconds to a few minutes. There are only a few pieces of news, which can break the market in a year. All other long-term trading on the news is a usual forex roulette, for which the usual trading algorithms are used. But it is wrong to call it trading on the news, rather it is trading on the basis of the foundation.

Vladix:
If we are talking about news release trading, namely the reaction to the discrepancy between published and expected figures, it is usually within a few seconds to a few minutes. There are only a few pieces of news that can break the market in a year. All other long-term trading on the news is a usual forex roulette, for which the usual trading algorithms are used. But it is not correct to call it trading on the news, it is more like trading on the fundamentals.
Is this all that can be said about trading on the calendar? Forex roulette

Vladix:
If we are talking about news release trading, namely the reaction to the discrepancy between published and expected figures, it is usually within a few seconds to a few minutes. There are only a few pieces of news that can break the market in a year. All other long-term trading on the news is a usual forex roulette, for which the usual trading algorithms are used. But it is not correct to call it trading on the news, it is more like trading on the fundamentals.
This is not a long term trading. The subject is about using the news forks.

ns_k:
Is that really all there is to say about calendar trading? Forex roulette

I'll say it again, so as not to take it out of context:

Vladix:
Long term trading on the news is just plain forex roulette

That is, we are talking about positional or long term trading and that is what I call forex roulette (red or black, up or down). News release trading is short term trading on expectations, impulses and pullbacks (half an hour before release - half an hour after release at most)

Vladix:

I'll say it again, so as not to take it out of context:

That is, we are talking about positional or long term trading, and that is what I call forex roulette (red or black, up or down). News release trading is short-term trading on expectations, momentum and pullbacks (half an hour before release - half an hour after release at most)

Is it possible to use some expected news of the week to determine, say, the timing of a 2-5 day trend fade?

ns_k:
Is it possible to use some expected news of the week to determine, say, the timing of a 2-5 day trend fade?
The fact of the movement itself cannot always be predicted. The direction is a tenth matter. Especially 2-5 days. It is quite probable that this 2-5 day movement reflects THIS news. It is a rumour in advance. If it works out clearly, there will be no movement at all. If the market overdoes this fundamental, the price will return to where it should be.

I believe thatthe "Economic Calendar" (if you add history to it) is one of the "working" options for fundamental analysis with technical analysis.

It is also necessary for those who want to understand how and why certain economic news affect trading.

What matters here is the "size" of the database and the structure of the information it contains.

Reason: