Strategy Tester. Millions in five months? - page 6

Guys, it works exactly the same on the demo - but there's a BUT... The dealer needs to make transactions without requotes, or at least 2-4 seconds per position... If you find such a BC, the picture will become a real

Questions about MT5:

1) Why, after testing an EA, there is no tab with trade history like there is in MT4?

2) How does "forward period" work?

3) What does "Custom" mean in parameters that we optimize? I understood all the rest, but I don't understand what custom means and it's the same in "forward period".

4) Is it possible to store quotes history? I understood that they are downloaded online every time?

5) Why have they removed the "reset" button in the input parameters, it became inconvenient.

6) Why in the tester during optimization is not written how much time is left to the end of optimization?

hotey:
Guys, the theme works exactly the same on the demo - but there's a BUT... Need a dealer makes transactions without requotes, well, or at least 2-4 seconds per position ... If you find such a BC, the picture will become a real

So you need an esn, there are plenty of them now, search the web, read reviews, talk to people who have already used an esn account.

Of course, I would like to have a separate article on the forum, not a big one, on the test of strategies, in particular on optimisation, with explanations of forwards with examples.

marker:

Of course, I would like to have a separate article on the forum, not a big one, on the test of strategies, in particular on optimisation, with explanations of forwards with examples.

For a start, see the tester's help - MetaTrader 5 Help → Tester → Settings

marker:

3) What does "Custom" mean in parameters that we optimize? I understand all the rest, but I don't understand what "custom" means and it's the same in "forward-period".

https://www.metatrader5.com/ru/terminal/help/algotrading/optimization_types

The custom optimization criterion is written in the OnTester() function.

marker:

We have the section https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/strategy_tester , in particular the second article from the top. Would it be all right?
Статьи по MQL5: Тестер
Статьи по MQL5: Тестер
  • www.mql5.com
Статьи по программированию на языке MQL5

Thank you gentlemen, all read, the only thing I want to clarify:

Forward period

This option allows you to check the optimisation results to exclude fitting at certain time periods. Upon forward optimization, the period specified in the "Set date" field is divided into two parts according to the selected forward period (half, third, quarter or own period where the start date of forward testing is specified).

The Expert Advisor is optimized on the first part of the period. After that the best runs are selected (10% in the full search of parameters or 25% with the genetic algorithm), and only they are run on the forward period. The results of the best optimisation runs for both periods can then be compared on the "Optimisation results" tab.

Once all settings are made, the "Start" button should be pressed. The testing or optimisation process will then be started.

I.e., let's say I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditionally) and I want to forward only the last three months, it means we should set 1/4? Then variant two: I want to forward from 01.01.2010 to 01.01.2011 (conditional), but I want not one quarter of the segment to use as a forward, and I want to from 02 October to 01.01.2011, I just need to specify the date from 02 October (and no 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 specify?) Then it will forward from 01.01.2010 to 02 October 2010, and then will forward test from 02 October to 01.01.2011? Did I get it right?

1) Why, after testing the Expert Advisor (the usual historical run), there is no tab with transaction histories like there is in MT4?

If the tester is bug-free, it's very convenient, before you had to run the forward manually, it was a nightmare.

Reason: