Errors, bugs, questions - page 1957

Николай Никитюк:
If it takes, for example, a month to answer my question, then write so. So I know, not guess. What is the meaning of this silence? 17:52 GMT+3.
Are you insinuating that I haven't given you an answer with a rating of 100,000? Yes I'm minding my own business for example, I'm on holiday, I don't use standard libraries. Your file did not look, only told me how best to frame your question, so that there were willing to answer it. And yes, it's not necessarily a condition to answer your question. You don't have to demand an answer. It may be answered after a year. This is a user forum, not tech support.
If you want a reply from the administration. Write to servicedesk.

Николай Никитюк:

At least here (*) is an error, besides the TrendTenkan method itself (no one calls it)

enum ENUM_TYPE_TREND {
   TYPE_TREND_FLAT       =3,           // no trend
};
class CSignalIchimoku {
        bool TrendTenkan(const double DiffTenkan);
};
bool CSignalIchimoku::TrendTenkan(const double DiffTenkan)
{
//...
        return(TYPE_TREND_FLAT); //(*) в скобках должно быть true, false или логическое выражение
//...
}
Actually the compiler should have generated a warning in such a case (*), but it is silent

Good afternoon. I don't know where to put my question. I'll ask it here.

What kind of equipment would be better to buy for home optimization?

Are servers based on xeon processors with 10-14 cores (2-4 processors on the board) and windows server 2008 suitable for home optimization or should I take i7 or AMD FX to run at prohibitive frequencies?

And a question - whether the frequency of each core in the genetic algorithm, or it can be compensated by the number of cores

(i.e. 100 cores at 4Ghz or 150 cores at 3Ghz - which setting is more correct for speed optimisation)

Anton Ohmat:

Good afternoon. I don't know where to put my question. I'll ask it here.

What kind of equipment would be better to buy for home optimization?

Are xeon based servers with 10-14 cores (2-4 processors per board) and windows server 2008 suitable for home optimization or should I take i7 or AMD FX with overclocking

And the question if the frequency of each core in the genetic algorithm or it can be compensated by the number of cores

(i.e. 100 cores at 4Ghz or 150 cores at 3Ghz - which setting is more correct for speed optimisation)

The answer to such a question depends on your budget. It is better to buy not the latest generation iron. - The best option.

Processor frequency nowadays does not really depend on performance - it is the core which matters.

Genetics is the same as optimisation, but with automatic selection of settings in your range.

And as one forum member showed me - it would be hard to use all cores if you have a lot of them on one mother (two or more processors with 16 cores or more) - the bottleneck is the hard drive, even the SSD.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

The answer to such a question depends on your budget. It's best to get hardware that isn't the latest generation - used. - It's the best option.

Processor frequency is not much of a performance issue these days - it's the core that counts.

Genetics is the same as optimisation, but with automatic selection of settings from your range.

This I understand, can someone be more specific - what is the best way to build a cluster for optimizations at home? Cloud is not suitable due to incomprehensible errors

AMD is rejected - due to low performance at the same frequencies ((

I am considering either xeon on 4 x processor board with 3.3 frequency (but here I have 64 threads) or i7 on 16 threads with 4.2 frequency to reach the same 64 threads - it will take up 4 times more space at home

Anton Ohmat:
This I understand, maybe someone is more specific - what's the best cluster to build at home for optimizations? Cloud is not suitable because of obscure errors

For optimisation I bought 2 used ones and assembled 1 - it all cost around 26k roubles - a year ago.

Anton Ohmat:

AMD is out - due to low performance at those very frequencies ((

I'm considering either xeon on 4 thread motherboard with 3.3 wattage (but 64 threads instantly) or i7 on 16 threads with 4.2 wattage to reach same 64 threads - it will take up 4 times more space at home

So we need to discuss specific models, compare performance and find out how much one unit of performance costs.

I like AMD for its stability.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So we should discuss specific models, compare performance and find out how much one unit of performance costs.

I like AMD for its stability.

I tested FX8320 overclocked to 4.2 and i7 5960 at the same frequency (price is much higher and newer) - the latter showed 5 times faster performance with the same optimization on the same number of cores. Maybe the test is not proportional to the newness of the processor but still the frequency is the same

I got an idea that the terminal is customized for Intel. Is it so? If yes, then what exactly it is

Anton Ohmat:

I've tested FX8320 overclocked up to 4.2 and i7 5960 with the same clock speed (higher price and newer) - the latter has shown 5 times faster performance with the same amount of cores with the same optimization. Maybe the test is not proportional to the newness of the processor but still the frequency is the same

I got an idea that the terminal is customized for Intel. Is it so? If yes, then what exactly it is

The correct way to say it is not the terminal is geared to Intel, but Intel is geared to the computer. Even with lower frequencies, Intel has always been several orders of magnitude better than AMD. I don't think there is any comparison in terms of power consumption and temperature.

Question open, which is better xeon 2pc on one board or i7 2pc on 2 boards
Reason: