Errors, bugs, questions - page 1328

Karputov Vladimir:
The user has already experimented once - oh got the files overwritten. I don't think he will get burned a second time.
Without a head, the user will corrupt his files himself, no help from the terminal is needed for that.

Andrey Dik:

+

I'm writing a multicurrency Expert Advisor that needs synchronization of instruments and my problems are so big that I can hardly feel my hair.

At the moment I have to state - there is simply no reliable way to get market data and still know clearly that the data is up-to-date.

The most amusing, and at the same time shocking, is that even flags in the symbol properties like

don't make ANY WARRANTIES.

There was one way ArrayCopySeries and check for error 4066 in 4. That was definitely not a guarantee and sometimes there was no data, but the data were not loaded for some reason and therefore there was no error of copying them.

Haven't run into one in 5 yet. I think we don't need to check withSERIES_SYNCHRONIZED at all. I should use the Bars() function, it initiates timeframe building and synchronization, if it returns a value, it means that the timeframe was built and synchronized.

Karputov Vladimir:
The user has already experimented once - oh got the files overwritten. I don't think he will get burned a second time.
Well, it would be wrong to call it an experiment. Because I did it again, not knowing the peculiarities of file placement on the server OS. If before I copied all needed files to "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Script" on a non-server OS and everything worked, I did the same after I switched to the server OS. These limitations: where you can and where you cannot store files in the server OS, I think, are not specified in Metatrader's manual. Although it is rather a general rule and Metatrader should not prescribe anything of the kind. There is no way to get anything back now anyway, unfortunately.

kogriv:
Well, it would not be correct to call it an experiment. Because I did it, again, without knowing the peculiarities of file location on the server OS. If before I copied all necessary files to "C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 5\MQL5\Script" on non-server OS and everything worked, I did the same when I switched to server OS. These limitations: where you can and where you cannot store files in the server OS, I think, are not specified in Metatrader's manual. Although it is rather a general rule and Metatrader should not prescribe anything of the kind. You can't get anything back now anyway, unfortunately.
What does server-side or non-server-side have to do with it? In MetaEditor, menu "File" - "Open data directory". This is your data folder. Work there. Do not go to Program Files - there is nothing to do there.

Karputov Vladimir:
What does server-side or non-server-side have to do with it? In MetaEditor, the File menu, Open Data Catalog. That's your data directory. Work there. Do not go to Program Files - there is nothing to do there.

Where is it written that this is the only way? You can't use the guide? Well, state in the instructions for use that it's fraught with danger.

All right, forget it. It's not a fire. I'll fix it.

Why is the set "fixed scale" not saved in the chart properties?

Every time I restart the terminal, I have to set the maximum and minimum again!

MT4 845 build. The Insert --> Indicators menu is all messed up. Or "How I looked for Moving Average":

Artyom Trishkin:

MT4 845 build. The Insert --> Indicators menu is all messed up. Or "How I looked for Moving Average":

It turns out if the EA uses the standard indicator call, it's "hello" too ?

Artyom Trishkin:

MT4 845 build. The Insert --> Indicators menu is all messed up. Or "How I was looking for Moving Average":

You've got it all mixed up in a strange way in the menu.

What happens if you switch to English in the client terminal interface?

Slawa:

You have everything strangely mixed up in your menu.

What will happen if you switch to English in the client terminal interface?

And miracles will happen :)

Switched to English. Restarted the terminal (strangely, it didn't start automatically by itself). Only the second time it was started manually.

All was fine in English version, everything in its place.

I have switched the language back to Russian. The terminal automatically restarted itself the first time, and voila, in the Russian version, everything is in its place.

Either I had a glitch or . or I don't know. Before I switched the terminal to English - I was making a description for the Market. Then I switched back to Russian. At what moment the mixing of everything in the menu happened - I don't know, I didn't need to put indicators from the menu (although in the English version I put just MAshka, just from the menu - in the visualization window)

Reason: