MQL code authorship protection in MT5. - page 4

vasya_vasya писал(а) :

The good thing about MT4 is that it has a lot of open source stuff in the form of indicators and EAs.

In MT5 this junk can be made even more user friendly. I do not want to overpay for it.

What if there is no such a thing?

Is it worth the money? ;)

What if it's not junk?

Is it worth the money? ;)

Not junk, if the author is willing to take a loan from the bank and earn.

And if he's loading others with his ideas and problems

for money, it's 100% rubbish.

troot:

Given the increased capabilities of the platform and
programming language, you can confidently
claim that I won't get a Trojan through the EA's exe
Or is it better to see the code?
They will not sell me a Trojan. I am confident. Just do not enable the DLL permission for unknown EAs.
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Состояние окружения / Состояние клиентского терминала - Документация по MQL5

troot:

They are not rubbish, if the author is ready to take a loan from the bank and make money.

If he loads others with his ideas-problems, and moreover

For money, they are 100% rubbish.

1. Do you think that there is only one profession - the trader?

2. do you not use indicators or scripts?

3. Time is money?

1. Do you think that there is only one profession - the trader?

2. do you not use indicators or scripts?

3. Time is money?

1. Trading is not a profession, it's an illness.

2. I do not use them.

3. Time and money, whatever Franklin and Marx say.

Franklin and Marx were saying, there's little correlation.

4. this thread is about copyright protection,

not the appropriateness of mt programming. Don't

It's not worth digressing too far.

stringo:
They won't sell you a Trojan. I assure you. Just don't enable DLL permission for unknown EAs.
So, it turns out that if I make sure that the client does not know (sorry, does not understand) the basics of MT programming, I can impose him with an exe-sheet DLL and steal the login-password to the real account?
I don't know if it's possible to swap the DLL from the left one to the normal one from the EA.
If so, it's impossible to catch me given your new protections.

The question is for a reason. In mt4, I've had several times left accounts appear in the account window with a crazy sized deposit.
And this phenomenon does not depend on a broker. I once sent a screenshot to MasterForex support. They said it was a MT glitch. My guess is that financial software does not work glitchy by definition.

And deposit guarantee is more important than copyright protection. Without the first, the second is meaningless.

Here is a suggestion: lines with external file accesses and network accesses
Do not encrypt and do not compile or copy into a compiled file in text format.

You cannot steal the password, even using the dll

stringo:

You cannot steal the password, even using the dll

No way!

Everything can be hacked, but banks are not hacked by amateurs, it is just beyond their comprehension, they are hacked by people with serious qualifications, therefore the probability of hacking is already reduced to a minimum. I think that even eh5 cannot be protected perfectly for 100%, but to protect them from amateurs as I wrote above is quite feasible, it depends on how the developers are going to do it.

You're arguing about selling EAs, but look at the bigger picture. I'd like to share my developments with certain people, but I don't want anyone to know the algorithms used in the code by decompiling it! I would be happy to see MetaQuotes Software Corp provide decent protection.
Reason: