Wishes for MT5 - page 41

Is it possible to add code (or code block) formatting functions to the meta-editor or is this already implemented?

For example, I select N lines, press button (keyboard shortcut) and code moves by tab size to the right/left.

Here's even when writing a comment it's possible.

Konstantin83:

Is it possible to add code (or code block) formatting functions to the meta-editor or is this already implemented?

For example, I select N lines, press button (keyboard shortcut) and code moves by tab size to the right/left.

Here's even when writing a comment it's possible.

This has been implemented for a long time, select the block and press "Tab" (if the editor settings have not been changed, the block will move to the right by 3 characters)...

Interesting:
This has already been implemented for a long time, select the block and press "Tab" (if the editor settings have not been changed, the block will move to the right by 3 characters)...
Thank you) and how to move it to the left?

Konstantin83:
Thanks) but how do you move it to the left?
Well I haven't come across this, probably not the developers either (although maybe there are options for pressing Tab together with other keys on the keyboard)...

Konstantin83:
Thanks) But how do you move it to the left?
There is such a thing in the editor as a code styler. Menu->Service->Styler or press Ctrl and +

sergey1294:
There is such a thing in the editor as a code styler. Menu->Service->Styler or press Ctrl and +
Not always it works correctly. Or rather in my case it often does not do what I want...

Interesting:
It doesn't always work correctly. Or in my case it often does not do what I want it to do...
I agree that it doesn't always do what I want it to do, it sometimes has glitches, but for the most part it does a better job of laying out the code.

Konstantin83:
Thanks) But how do I move it to the left?
You need to highlight the block and press shift+tab

gisip:

It would be nice if MQL5 added the following command: jmp or goto (unconditional jump);

It's hard to understand the endless nested loops.

Is this even possible?

I support you!!! The more the language becomes similar to Betsy's, the more it becomes easy to use it, the more the algorithm will be written.

With the general movement towards primitivization and simplification, when the OS becomes similar to a cellular menu, it is necessary to simplify the description of the code as much as possible.

The more the language will be similar to BASIC, the more people will get hooked on programming.

Another thing is that the religion of MQ programmers won't allow them to go for it.

MoneyJinn:

I second that!!! With the Goto command and conditional transition, any algorithm can be described very easily.

With the general movement towards primitivization and simplification, when the OS becomes similar to the cellular menu, it is necessary to simplify the description of the code as much as possible.

The more the language resembles Basics, the more people will get hooked on programming.

Another thing is that the religion of MQ programmers won't allow them to do so.

And I'm for goto, the function can simplify many algorithms.
Reason: