Wishes for MT5 - page 3

Yes....

Only the echo was his answer(((( Apparently the developers are not interested in this thread, it must be more fun to communicate with programmers...

It is very annoying to constantly drag and drop created include files in directories with Expert Advisors or indicators. I know that by default this type of files is stored in include, but it would be convenient to be able to specify location of the future file.

Judging by the developers' activity in this thread, I feel we'll get the same .... but from the side.

I couldn't find an archive of quotes. That's not good.

vov4ik   :
I couldn't find an archive of quotes. That's not good.

MT5 doesn't need a quote archive - it's already built into the system, a minute history for 10 years is available.

Good afternoon!

A lot of people face this problem at the weekend: you write an indicator, an EA - i.e. an application where you need a data stream for testing. And the market is closed.

Perhaps this will be implemented in one form or another in the strategy tester (debugging that is), but I would like to make a suggestion: make a virtual trade server inside the MT5. It will give fictional quotes, either from a file or generated using a special algorithm (for example, we set spectrum characteristics, and go). Then it will be possible to "live" testing when there is no connection to a real server (not everyone has unlimited/fast/quality internet), and sometimes there is none at all (train/airplane), and one wants to do something.

Thanks

PS: Here I have now rewritten the indicator with mql4 and it will be like icustom in the other one. I am waiting for Monday to check everything live and, if anything, to know where to look for glitches later

It's worth a try! :)

Starting with FxCharts and then MT3 and MT4 ... from the point of view of organization (functional analysis) of the INFORMATION SOURCES and the TERMINAL screen properties

always lacked the ability to CLONE the TERMINAL window in mt4 and consequently the TOOLBOX in mt5.

I.e., for example, to have a separate window to display NEW threads and ...

Considering that the functionality and power of the terminal is increasing, it is probably optimal to load TOOLBOX with subwindows of information flows further, but provide the possibility to CLONE this object of the terminal.

Trivia: In the TOOLBOX subwindow \ News ... Column - Category ... Optimally complemented by Hide/Show options.

Fixed column size is not very convenient.

MetaDriver   :

I categorically disagree. Lack of data due to lack of trading does NOT stop price change processes in reality, hence geometric constructions will be much more correct with a full timeline. I used to think the same way as you, then found out I was grossly wrong. In general I am for a strictly uniform timeline.

I'm also for a uniform timeline, if there are gaps they should be displayed anyway, even on outputs display, the values that should be, let them be what they are - NULL. It's my experience from T-SQL, where NULL and IsNull() function in general I think are irreplaceable things, which I lack in other languages. And then, by the way, the bidding doesn't really stop over the weekend all over the world. And there is hope to get the missing quotes, and that could be done, just the possibility of filling in the gaps with your own data (and the possibility of correcting existing ones wouldn't hurt either).

Also, what prevents the developers from making such an option, to display the gaps as NULL or not. Include these values in timeseries or not. Everyone will set it up however they want.

The only problem that may arise with existing indicators that have already been created, they will have to be able to handle a NULL value. NULL should give NULL when adding it to another value. It means that indicators creators will have to know about this "option".

Don't judge, I'm new to mql4-5, so if something is possible from what I've written, let me know, I will be glad to know about it.

Renat   :

MT5 does not need quotations archive - it is already built into the system, minute history for 10 years is available.

And when the strategy tester will be ready, I hope it will be a separate programme and will not be as crooked as before :) I actually don't understand what the difficulty is, having the history to make a tester that would give realistic results. I have a problem with it, the tester in MT4 opens and closes some deals by the price of firewood in Tambov region, may be by bars or ticks :) I hope the quality of modeling now will always be 100% without taking additional measures :)

I just figured out the price of wood, my mistake, I did not consider the spread, thanks to friends who helped the dummies :) And I have a suggestion, although again, I may be wrong about something else, but why is not stored in the spread history quotes, in my opinion it would be logical to store it. Or make it possible for me to attach spreads to history and use them in testing, it can have a significant impact on test results!

Do you know when the tester will be released? I think a lot of people are already in need of one.
Reason: