Artificial Intelligence 2020 - is there progress? - page 32

Vitaliy Maznev:

This is a misconception

Your delusion is debatable. An algorithm learns what it is taught, nothing more.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
It can't realise it's a person, like i can do!!!!

Ooh, that doesn't take much intelligence. the most primitive AI can start with that. how are you any different?

I'm about to go buy a drink, so the AI won't catch up with my reasoning at all.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Your delusion is moot. An algorithm learns what it is taught, nothing more.

I am assuming that you are not Newton's binomial. You don't know everything either, although you have more options.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
I'm going out to buy a drink now, so the AI won't catch up with me at all in reasoning.

I drink too, but I don't see it as an advantage over the AI.

Clearly generalisation is the little brick of intelligence on which it is built, but intelligence is an identification of one's self, something that an AI cannot achieve with current technology.

Do you know I can't run faster than a machine and that it is now becoming intellectually powerful compared to me???

You are confusing between technical capabilities and mental capabilities. I, for example, have feelings and the AI? So don't f...di :-) Kidding of course, it just rhymes.

Just because a calculator is faster at adding up big numbers doesn't make it intelligent....

Mihail Marchukajtes:

The point is that imagination is essentially modelling an environment/system/object/law - i.e. a variant reproduction of an entity. There is nothing impossible about it.

Self-learning is just an algorithm, and it's clear to me as a coder what it is and how to do it. There's nothing impossible about that either.

Awareness of identity is indeed a problem.)

I'll be right there. I'll go to the store and we'll continue.....

Реter Konow:

The point is that imagination is essentially a modelling of the environment/system/object/constituency - i.e. a variant reproduction of the essence. There is nothing impossible about it.

Self-learning is just an algorithm, and it's clear to me as a coder what it is and how to do it. There's nothing impossible about that either.

Self-awareness is indeed a problem.)

I'll say more, Peter. Your self-awareness depends on the conditions around you. I mean, if you change the conditions, it'll be a different Peter. But there are a number of other possibilities.

You, for example, are now proceeding from a space of understanding. You have it. And if you were limited in your understanding, what would you be?

Mihail Marchukajtes:
I'll be right there. I'll go to the store and we'll continue.....

You're welcome. The whole world will wait and be grateful for your clarification.

Reason: