Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 374

Alyosha:

You claimed that:

That is to say, they completely screwed up, embarrassed themselves.

SZY "The presence or absence of correlation does not mean dependence at all" - again - nonsense. Correlation does show the presence of a linear dependence, but there are also nonlinear correlations that correlation does not show.

Or here's another thing - I quite accidentally found a direct correlation between the time of your posts in this thread and the cries of the cat that lives upstairs from me (a nasty creature). The correlation is strong.

Do you depend on this cat or does the cat depend on you?

Alesha:

There is Maxim Dmitrievsky. He posted a curvature here - a graph of TC testing.

I have 10-15 minutes in Excel to generate a series with PRNG, which will be strongly directly or inversely correlated with his curvature - my generator depends on Maxim's curvature or his TS depends on the specific implementation of my generator?

Stop this kindergarten stuff.

Start a separate thread, and measure each other's lengths there.

I'm sick of it

Dimitri:

Or here's another thing - I found a direct correlation between the timing of your posts in this thread and the cries of the cat who lives upstairs from me (a vile creature). The correlation is strong.

Do you depend on this cat or does the cat depend on you?

You are being foolish again, my posts have been very few since I caught you deluded, in order to get a statistically significant result, less than 200(preferably), even less than 30(minimum).

And about false correlations, again you didn't even bother to study at least the wikipedia article on correlation. Correlation does not give a causal relationship, but only reveals a linear component of the relationship, which can be both direct and indirect, for example through a common cause, so if you shake a tree and apples fall, the apples are not related to each other, but to the tree that you shake, but correlation will also between apples, as they are related through a common cause.

Aliosha:

You are fooling around again, my posts have been very few since I caught you in a fallacy, in order to get a statistically significant result, less than 200(preferably), even less than 30(minimum).

And about false correlations, again you didn't even bother to study at least the wikipedia article on correlation. Correlation does not give a causal relationship, it only reveals a linear component of the relationship, which can be both direct and indirect, for example through a common cause, so if you shake a tree and apples fall, the apples are not related to each other, but to the tree you shake, but there will also be correlation between apples, as they are related through a common cause.

What is the "common cause" of your posts coming out and the cat screaming the floor above me?

Or what is the "common cause" of deaths in swimming pools and the number of Nicolas Cage movies?

Aliosha:

You're fooling around again, my posts have been very few since I caught you in the wrong, to get a statistically significant result, less than 200(preferably), even less than 30(minimum).

And this is written by something that gave me a sample of four (FOUR) observations as an example...

Dmitry:

And this is written by something that gave me a sample of four (FOUR) long observations for my example...

It is one thing not to understand the intricacies of statistics, most of them in the kitchen forex, it's normal, but another thing is not to be able to admit their mistakes and neurotically spread nonsense, In the hope to confuse or provoke emotions in your interlocutor, in order to distract from the essence of the discussion, this is another kind of illness, which characterizes you not just as a loser, but as a bad trader, without a chance for "healing", due to ignorance and negative mental predisposition.

A good trader does not care if he is right or wrong, a good trader does not cling to his opinion about the market behavior in the future, when he is right, when he is wrong, he quickly turns over and becomes right, a bad trader does not care when the market does not follow his predictions, he suffers from it, considers it a personal insult, believes to the last that the market will somehow respond to his pleas and will turn where it should, for this he averages to the last.

Among other things, you behave like a bad trader, you don't admit your mistakes and you keep ruining your reputation. I advise you to stop.

Aliosha:

Well, that's it, no need to cry - I won't hurt you anymore!

Or maybe you're right and there is a secret and veiled connection between you and the cat - the cat, just like you, just wants to walk and love, and they won't let her outside.

Dimitri:

Well, that's it, no need to cry - I won't hurt you anymore!

Or maybe you're right and there is a secret and veiled connection between you and the cat - the cat, like you, just wants to go for a walk and love, and they won't let it go outside.

Yes, I'm offended and with your cat in an intimate relationship, just calm down, you can't embarrass yourself like that!

Yuriy Asaulenko:

In SciLab, we make a graph of 50 thousand points, select a certain piece, and it is entirely on the graph, down to a few points. You can scroll through the graph, expand it, and shrink it. It is very convenient.

That's what I meant by scaling.

Build charts with package "dygraphs" and you will have the same happiness with scaling.

Good luck

Reason: