Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 2166

Uladzimir Izerski:

Sound harmonics cannot be below zero. There is complete silence there. That's all right.

What's below zero? Go to the link I posted above and read, specially with pictures for "experts" written

again, on your fingers: you have any signal, no matter if you blow a horn and use a microphone to record, you get the signal.

if you use fixed discrete time samples, you will get "hollow" value of signal at the signal peaks, the more the signal has extrema, the more you will get signal losses at this sampling

to avoid that, you need to go to some dynamic samples - they are basis functions, in this context - the Fourier transform

Does it matter that this is primarily a market, which has nothing to do with digital filtering???? All right people, do you have any idea where you're going? It feels like you don't and you don't want to understand. Practically everything works in the market, the truth is only 50/50 and no more. And only neural networks can remove this balance of power for a short time, which is why it is necessary to do every day or every other day and only for this reason they work, because they are constantly adjusting. But what am I talking about, and then the digital traders showed up. Get out of here, this is not your branch :-)

Igor Makanu:

What does it have to do with below zero? go to the link I posted above and read, specially with pictures for "experts" written

again, on your fingers: you have any signal, no matter if you blow a tune or use a microphone to record, you get the signal.

if you use fixed discrete time samples, you will get "nothing" at the signal peaks, the signal value, the more the signal has extrema, the more you get signal loss

To avoid this, you need to go to some dynamic samples - these are the basis functions, in the context discussed - the Fourier transform

I don't get it. I'm a radio telegrapher. You know, morse code.

A soundtrack carries vibrations of sounds and cannot carry negative values. It can have a medium component, but never a negative one. There is silence as behind the wall.

Igor Makanu:

The problem is different - the Fourier transform allows you to switch from analog to discrete signal with a given accuracy, and then using the superposition of harmonic basis functions to restore this signal, i.e. we get our analog signal again

Of course, you can play with the signal detection by searching for repeating harmonics, but it makes as much sense as selecting the parameters of indicators for the TS - it will give out the correct buy and sell signals, then it will not

There is some kind of trader's magic... If you do not know the rules, they suggest that the market is subject to high-frequency vibrations and oscillations with a large period, maybe the Fourier transform fans are trying to make a profit here, but, imho, the same chosen MAKs will be more effective, or rather MACD - with a search for divergences

Spectrum clipping leads to seeming edge effects at the clipping points. Roughly speaking, it seems that we can trade according to the nearest harmonics - the fastest and the slowest. In reality, there will always be HFT-ers trading faster than we are and investors trading slower than we are.

The necessity of spectrum clipping follows from the conditions of Kotelnikov's theorem and real finiteness of the number of discrete samples.

Mihail Marchukajtes:
Does it matter that this is primarily a market, which has nothing to do with digital filtering???? Hello people, do you have any idea where you are going? It feels like you don't and you don't want to understand. Almost everything works in the market, the truth is only 50/50 and no more. And only neural networks can remove this balance of power for a short time, which is why they need to be done every day or every other day and only because of this they work, because they are constantly adjusting. But what am I talking about, and then the digital traders showed up. Get out of here, this is not your thread :-)

You can digitize anything. Even the weather.

Uladzimir Izerski:

I don't get it. I'm a radio telegrapher. Well, morse code.

you still can not read, at least look at the pictures, there are specially children's pictures in the article, so to speak, for better digestion of information

I don't read your posts and you don't read mine.

Otherwise I'll have to switch to foul language - it's strictly prohibited here! - For open stupidity do not ban, but for the truth uterus, issue the maximum ban

Don't be so angry. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. There is no truth anywhere.

The weirdest thing is that this dumbass and his other radio operator took so much time, slipping some fodder in the form of a few one-dollar deals and some Mashka, proving with a clever look that it's a grail.

and how many people are involved in this pointless discussion when everyone knows that Rena is a punk.

and this mayhem starts in every thread after they come in, like ***

Aleksey Nikolayev:

Spectrum clipping leads to apparent edge effects at the clipping points. Roughly speaking, it seems that we can trade according to edge harmonics - the fastest and the slowest. In reality, there will always be HFT-ers trading faster than us and investors trading slower than us.

The necessity of spectrum clipping follows from the Kotelnikov theorem and real finiteness of the number of discrete samples.

You're talking about accuracy of transforms again - yes

but what does it do for commerce?

Suppose you have an ideal transformation - you decided to act as an investor - trade on the harmonic with a large period.

You entered the market when there was an extremum of the sinusoid, then your actions should be suspended for exactly the period of this harmonic?

Uladzimir Izerski:
Don't be so angry. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. There is no truth anywhere.

Their fate is a theory and an eternal puzzle on their dough, which in principle is already ours

;)

Reason: