Working with MT4

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install MT4 to integrate it with another App for a project related to my company. By default am getting the version 5, which is not the one that we'd like to go with.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to downgrade to the v4 ? And if so, is it compatible with the MT5-API ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Imed

Imed_Chaabouni:

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install MT4 to integrate it with another App for a project related to my company. By default am getting the version 5, which is not the one that we'd like to go with.

So my questions are:

Is it possible to downgrade to the v4 ? And if so, is it compatible with the MT5-API ?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Imed

You can only download MT4 from a broker's website nowadays.

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

Eleni Anna Branou #:

You can only download MT4 from a broker's website nowadays.

Hi,

Thanks Eleni for the info, I wasn't aware of that.

Once I get MT4 from a Broker, is it possible to connect it through  MT5-API ? ( i am using Python langage for that).

William Roeder #:

If you had used this (before posting), you would have found (among 100+) Where to download MT4? - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)
   How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. (2004)
      How To Interpret Answers.
         RTFM and STFW: How To Tell You've Seriously Screwed Up.

It has been years since you could download MT4 from Metaquotes. You can only get it from a broker's website.
          Where to download the orginal MT4 installer - MQL4 programming forum (2018)

Possibly the "clean MT4" download link:
          MT4 download - General - MQL5 programming forum #2 (2019)

Possibly MetaQuotes' MT4 Installation Link

Dear Wiliam,

I really advise you to rethink twice before responding on any topic and stop assuming poor things on people, this will really help you in your further life.

Back to the topic now, what you've said here " You can only get it from a broker's website." is the useful information and I THANK YOU for that, the rest you can keep it for yourself.

Regards,

Imed 

Why being so offended?

William pointed you to where to get the vanilla version of MT4. It's no easy task to get it, but I managed to install a vanilla version a few weeks ago.

Sometimes it does help to put aside the personal issue and read what people are saying.

There is usually some value to it.

Dominik Christian Egert #:
Why being so offended?

William pointed you to where to get the vanilla version of MT4. It's no easy task to get it, but I managed to install a vanilla version a few weeks ago.

Sometimes it does help to put aside the personal issue and read what people are saying.

There is usually some value to it.

Dear Dominik,

Indeed MT4 is not easy to get. Did you get it through a Broker ?

And yes i already tried all the links that pointing to MT4 Download and ending up with MT5, until I know that it is no longer supported, only through broker.

I donwloaded it from a post here on the forum, then connected to a broker to get the most recent version. - Difficult task, because not all brokers let you connect with an old version.

Then I tried to connect to metaquotes demo server, but was not successful.

Imed_Chaabouni #: Indeed MT4 is not easy to get. Did you get it through a Broker ?

It is easy to get, go to any broker that offers it.

Thanks for that, guys.

Issue resolved.

Imed_Chaabouni #: Once I get MT4 from a Broker, is it possible to connect it through  MT5-API ? ( i am using Python langage for that).

No! Only MT5 has the Python integration, not MT4!

Reason: