Tickstory not working with MT4

I'm trying to perform back testing with per-tick data in MT4.

My MT4 is installed from CityIndex and I'm using the latest version of Tickstory. I'm following the instructions as outlined on this page and in this video.

However, on Step 5 ( after I click the "Launch MT4..." button, though MT4 does load....) it does not show the Tickstory expert advisor in the Strategy testing.

Can someone explain what I would need to do to get this working? I'm thinking perhaps version compatibility...?

Metatrader 4 - 99% Back-testing in 5 Simple Steps
Metatrader 4 - 99% Back-testing in 5 Simple Steps
  • www.youtube.com
Demonstrates how to back-test your Expert Advisers (EAs) with Metatrader and get 99% modelling quality in 5 simple steps. The back-test is executed with qual...

Matt:

I'm trying to perform back testing with per-tick data in MT4.

My MT4 is installed from CityIndex and I'm using the latest version of Tickstory. I'm following the instructions as outlined on this page and in this video.

However, on Step 5 ( after I click the "Launch MT4..." button, though MT4 does load....) it does not show the Tickstory expert advisor in the Strategy testing.

Can someone explain what I would need to do to get this working? I'm thinking perhaps version compatibility...?

When you are using a third-party commercial product, ask support to the seller.

I understand the reason for your response, but it would appear that almost every version of MT4 out there is from a specific exchange/seller and not "vanilla".

Having said that, I have asked and been told they don't offer to support queries like that.

I'm happy to install a different version of MT4, but I'd like to know what I should be aiming for or if there is some nuance which I might be missing.

Reason: