Become an Author at MQL5.com! - page 7

Does anybody can tell me how long Metaquotes needs to release at least a first comment about an article?

I sent in for a review Nov. 2015 and haven't got anything but "We will check..." (Jan 18, 2016)

Vasyl Nosal:

If you have any ideas on MQL5 usage, and if you are ready to prepare interesting educational materials in the new language - You are welcome to become our valuable author!

It is not true. 

Why ?

Alain Verleyen:
Why ?

At least I've got the impression they don't take much care about it!

1) It took about 4 months for a first kind of reaction: "We'haven't got it for proofreading" by an option (fall dawn menu of the edit button) that is (still) not existing (for me?).

2) Finally I got some comments on March 2 and 3.

One problem was that my attached EA was run in the tester but without deleting the cache file (no results, no file) and/or no given csv-file-name (no file) - which is naturally explained in my article, if it would have been read.

Another problem some parts has been mentioned as "where is it from?". Well it is explained some lines above.

As well things like: "We don't understand why need the test" -while I showed how one can reduce the amount of combination for the tester (in my hypothetical example) by 99.7% (beside some other benefits too) - all explained in the article, if it would have been read.

3) Ok, I argued that the problems mentioned are all explained in the article and I even did some changes - and no reaction so far again.

May be I have to wait again 4 months?

Wouldn't you expect something different.

On the other hand I have seen quite a lot Articles, EAs, Indis, ... published with code that doesn't even compile.

Alain Verleyen:
Why ?

For example. Even without paymant. I think it may be published. 

https://www.mql5.com/en/blogs/post/662292

Culture of coding
Culture of coding
  • Vasyl Nosal
  • www.mql5.com
Introduction Hello dear readers. In this article I will try to present their vision of cultural writing code. As one familiar programmer "code should be written so that the programmer who wrote the...

Ooops??

This kind of code-shape was accepted?

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) 
      {
      if(OrderStopLoss()!=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits))
      {
      if (Bid>OrderOpenPrice()+Bez_Ub_Level*point && (OrderStopLoss()<OrderOpenPrice() || OrderStopLoss()==0)) 
      {
      if(OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits),OrderTakeProfit(),0,clrNONE))
      continue;       
      }
      }
      }

I have got the demand to code according to 'mt4-rules' like:

double myFunction()
  {
   Rel1  = dA / iA;
   Rel2  = dB / iB;
   return( Rel1>0.0 ? Rel2/Rel1 : 0.0 );
  }

I in contrary to both styles above I like to see on my screen as much lines as possible grouped by what belongs together like:

double myFunction() {
   Rel1  = dA / iA;
   Rel2  = dB / iB;
   return( Rel1>0.0 ? Rel2/Rel1 : 0.0 );
}

In your case in my style on my screen I would have only 6 lines instead of 11 and this doesn't force me to scroll up and down again and again in case of larger code packages:

if (OrderType()==OP_BUY) {
   if(OrderStopLoss()!=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits)) {
      if (Bid>OrderOpenPrice()+Bez_Ub_Level*point && (OrderStopLoss()<OrderOpenPrice() || OrderStopLoss()==0)) {
         if(OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits),OrderTakeProfit(),0,clrNONE))  continue;       
      }
   }

Beside that I see immediately without counting the '}' that still one '}' is missing. This is due to the snippet I choose not because your code is wrong!!

But Metatrader seems not to like my style which is ok and I amend everything. But I wonder and I am very much surprised why they do accept your article about a different code style than that what they want and accept from us?

Carl Schreiber:

Ooops??

This kind of code-shape was accepted?

I have got the demand to code according to 'mt4-rules' like:

I in contrary to both styles above I like to see on my screen as much lines as possible grouped by what belongs together like:

In your case in my style on my screen I would have only 6 lines instead of 11 and this doesn't force me to scroll up and down again and again in case of larger code packages:

Beside that I see immediately without counting the '}' that still one '}' is missing. This is due to the snippet I choose not because your code is wrong!!

But Metatrader seems not to like my style which is ok and I amend everything. But I wonder and I am very much surprised why they do accept your article about a different code style than that what they want and accept from us?

Practicality must be in 1-st place.

And you can code all your code even in 1 line. Buhahahaaaaaaa...

Vasyl Nosal:

And you can code all your code even in 1 line. Buhahahaaaaaaa...

Well it's my personal preference and I don't stick to that in any case!

But this wasn't my problem!!

I didn't want to start a discussion whose style is better, nicer, smaller, ...?

My problem is why Metatrader accepts an article about different code style despite they have a code style tradition that they enforce?

The output of the styler. (Ctrl+,)

if(OrderType()==OP_BUY)
     {
      if(OrderStopLoss()!=OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits))
        {
         if(Bid>OrderOpenPrice()+Bez_Ub_Level*point && (OrderStopLoss()<OrderOpenPrice() || OrderStopLoss()==0))
           {
            if(OrderModify(OrderTicket(),OrderOpenPrice(),OrderOpenPrice()+NormalizeDouble(Bez_Ub_Size*point,Digits),OrderTakeProfit(),0,clrNONE))
               continue;
           }
        }
     }

how to get started

eaforex adams:
how to get started
Write something valuable, then open your profile, click "Publications" on the left, click the link "Publish article" on the top. Then follow instructions and negotiate with moderators.
Reason: