Bug at MT5 Strategy Tester build 3081 ? - page 2

Hi, All

I have updated to the latest version 3081 and since then my Test strategy doesn't work as expected, the code created on previous version is compiled with this new version but even so doesn't work.

I don't want to go on explanations what is exactly happening to me once I am in hurry, I can give more details if requested for. I would be glad if someone can tell me where to download a previous working version.

I have searched for hours on internet and metatrader web site and no success at all.

My memory says that version 5 build 2980 was working fine. Where I can find it please? it is urgent...

Thanks in advance

Magno Leite

magnomilk #:

Hi, All

I have updated to the latest version 3081 and since then my Test strategy doesn't work as expected, the code created on previous version is compiled with this new version but even so doesn't work.

I don't want to go on explanations what is exactly happening to me once I am in hurry, I can give more details if requested for. I would be glad if someone can tell me where to download a previous working version.

My memory says that version 5 build 2980 was working fine. Where I can find it please? it is urgent...

Thanks in advance

Magno Leite

Try to upload to version 3082 (it was fixed something in this version).
If still does not work as expected - use the following to install the previous versions:

How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page

Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
  • www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

cuneytates # :

Me di cuenta de algo;

Como saben amigos, MT5 viene con un EA incorporado como "Expert MACD". Cuando corro y mientras trabajo pausa, Expert MACD permanece exactamente en el tiempo de pausa. Cuando ejecuto EA que tiene un indicador iCustom en EA, si no toco nada, funciona bien, pero cuando presiono el botón de pausa, ejemplo 18.10.2021, va al 06.01.2021 como diez meses atrás. Puede haber algún tipo de error en el indicador iCustom.

Quería compartir esto porque puede ser útil en futuras actualizaciones.

Atentamente

Cüneyt-

Good cuneytates # , I don't know if this is the problem, but in the strategy simulator the EA is working with an iCustom indicator as well.

Bug at MT5 Strategy Tester build 3081 ?
Bug at MT5 Strategy Tester build 3081 ?
  • www.mql5.com
Hi guys, I tried to run my EA at Strategy Tester. I choosed "Last Month" for run...

My the MT5 strategy tester visual not working either and locks up since the latest update to V5.00 build 3081 15 Oct 2021

This is happening on both of my computers, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall MT5 with no resolve.

I have to use windows task manager to end the strategy tester process, this is the only way to exit the strategy tester indicator test.

Is there a fix to this coming soon?

Mark Eastwood #:

My the MT5 strategy tester visual not working either and locks up since the latest update to V5.00 build 3081 15 Oct 2021

This is happening on both of my computers, i have tried to uninstall and reinstall MT5 with no resolve.

I have to use windows task manager to end the strategy tester process, this is the only way to exit the strategy tester indicator test.

Is there a fix to this coming soon?

The latest MT5 build is 3082, and 3083 build is the beta build for now (it was fixed something in 3082 and in 3083).
But I do not have this bug (and many users do not have this issue).

----------------

As far as I know - MQ developers know about this issue (and I was reading one post of them that it is the high priority for them to fix this bug).
But they can not reproduce it.
And they asked for more technical details for possible fixing.
For example (machine translation from Russian) - MQ asked the user who is having this bug:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New Version of MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 3081: Improvements in MQL5 Services and Updated Design

Slava , 2021.10.19 11:12

We cannot reproduce at home. Therefore, a big request.

We need the logs of the tester agent, the logs of the client terminal and the logs of the tester from the terminal (the tester subwindow, the "log" tab)

It would be really great if you took a dump from the hung process of the visual tester. Task Manager - context menu on the MetaTrader5 Strategy Tester Agent line

By my PM

The user replied with the question about "what is dump file and how can I create it?":

New Version of MetaTrader 5 Platform Build 3081: Improvements in MQL5 Services and Updated Design

Roman Shiredchenko , 2021.10.19 13:09

Thanks I will reproduce myself ... I will write ...

What is it? How do I write it down? "dump from the visual tester process in a hung state"

And it is the reply:

Slava , 2021.10.19 13:56

Right mouse button on the taskbar (lower bar on the screen with the start button, program icons, time), select Task manager. In the very first tab of the Task Manager, there is a list of running applications. Find the line MetaTrader5 Strategy Tester Agent and right-click to bring up the context menu. Select Create dump file

As far as I know - at least two users are sending (or already sent) the technical details (we call it on the forum as "technical proof"), and I hope that the developers will reconglize about where this bug is coming from.

Seems, the developers fixed this bug in new 3090 build.
It is from announcement:

----------------

New MetaTrader 5 platform build 3090: Improvements and fixes

7. MetaTester: Fixed an error which caused the chart window to freeze during visual testing.

• www.mql5.com
The MetaTrader 5 platform update will be released on Thursday, October 21, 2021...

Sergey Golubev #:

Seems, the developers fixed this bug in new 3090 build.
It is from announcement:

----------------

7. MetaTester: Fixed an error which caused the chart window to freeze during visual testing.

Thanks Sergey, I received the auto updated today to V5.00 build 3091 and the visual testing is working fine now :-)

Reason: