Appeal to arbitration

This is an appeal to mql5 moderators.

I have asked for arbitration on a freelance job in which the programmer can't deliver the EA in accordance to specifications.

By the fact I asked help in order to help him finish, he has been harassing me with accusations that I have tried to steal his code by trying to get a coder to agree to continue his job, after reaching a negotiation with him.

He remains irreducible. He claims I have to pay him for the time he spent, he keeps asking me to explain what is wrong. Furthermore, he can't even verify what he is doing.

Why has arbitration not judged it yet?

I have lost a lot of time and paid the 150USD, which are locked in. Now all the time spent teaching him N value calculus has been spent because he can only try FX EA, and still can't resolve % risk problem, alleging volatility is in motion, therefore the system will not respect parameters.

There has been now 5 month since the start, the innicial deadline was 15 days. Arbitration has now taken more than 3 months. What are you doing with my money mql5?

What is the authority in Cyprus to whom I may file a complaint claiming my money back with interest???????

this one right? http://www.consumer.gov.cy/meci/cyco/cyconsumer.nsf/All/3BFB3E56C5684EEAC2257FD5001F07B7?OpenDocument

Oh but wait, they might just bann me from their platform, so yes, I have to assume the loss and become a seller so I can withdraw! What a bloody scam!!!

CONSUMER PROTECTION SERVICE - File a Complaint - Introduction
  • www.consumer.gov.cy
The Consumer Protection Service of the Ministry of Energy, Commerce, Industry and Tourism of the Republic of Cyprus: Information for consumers and business on consumer rights, Announcements, Legislation, Decisions and Fuel prices

Deborah Sbeghen:

This is an appeal to mql5 moderators.

I have asked for arbitration on a freelance job in which the programmer can't deliver the EA in accordance to specifications.

By the fact I asked help in order to help him finish, he has been harassing me with accusations that I have tried to steal his code by trying to get a coder to agree to continue his job, after reaching a negotiation with him.

He remains irreducible. He claims I have to pay him for the time he spent, he keeps asking me to explain what is wrong. Furthermore, he can't even verify what he is doing.

Why has arbitration not judged it yet?

I have lost a lot of time and paid the 150USD, which are locked in. Now all the time spent teaching him N value calculus has been spent because he can only try FX EA, and still can't resolve % risk problem, alleging volatility is in motion, therefore the system will not respect parameters.

There has been now 5 month since the start, the innicial deadline was 15 days. Arbitration has now taken more than 3 months. What are you doing with my money mql5?

What is the authority in Cyprus to whom I may file a complaint claiming my money back with interest???????

this one right? http://www.consumer.gov.cy/meci/cyco/cyconsumer.nsf/All/3BFB3E56C5684EEAC2257FD5001F07B7?OpenDocument

Oh but wait, they might just bann me from their platform, so yes, I have to assume the loss and become a seller so I can withdraw! What a bloody scam!!!

Since you are brazillian, I highly recommend that you stick to brazillian programmers as it is easier for you
to take legal action against a rogue programmer outside of this platform.

Thanks for the answer, but the legal system can't punish a programmer for neither paying a money he has never received, nor be punished for having tried to do a job he can't deliver. MetaQuotes has received my payment and is not performing its part on the arbitration, therefore, having been hired to intermediate and having received upfront payment for the job not done, Metaquotes is the part hurting both me and the programmer.

Besides, I only received 1 Brazilian proposal for the job posted, he declined the job for not being sure he could complete the task.

Moreover, Metaquotes doesn't share programmer's personal data as address, tax number and ID so a lawsuit would be not only misplaced but impossible. That is the perfect set up of the scam.

The ultimate question is, who has kept the money? Metaquotes.

Deborah Sbeghen #:

Thanks for the answer, but the legal system can't punish a programmer for neither paying a money he has never received, nor be punished for having tried to do a job he can't deliver. MetaQuotes has received my payment and is not performing its part on the arbitration, therefore, having been hired to intermediate and having received upfront payment for the job not done, Metaquotes is the part hurting both me and the programmer.

Besides, I only received 1 Brazilian proposal for the job posted, he declined the job for not being sure he could complete the task.

Moreover, Metaquotes doesn't share programmer's personal data as address, tax number and ID so a lawsuit would be not only misplaced but impossible. That is the perfect set up of the scam.

The ultimate question is, who has kept the money? Metaquotes.

My mistake, I thought they revealed the programmer's info once the job was accepted.

Yes Alexandre, they reveal their profile on mql5 after hire. Not their personal data, I am thankful for that.

Your mistake was not about the programmers' info, I hired Metaquotes to intermediate the freelance job, it's not the responsibility of the programmer, since he never charged any upfront fee.

Reason: