Signal not taking trades.

I am subscribed to signal Golden on mt5 by joko catur. The signal did not add the existing trades when I subscribed. I tried two  different brokers, including the same (FBS) broker as the signal provider. I rechecked settings in Tools>Signals. I have not had problems with several previous signals with either account.  Golden signal journal

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

The Provider has trading symbol that is called something different on my Broker

Sergey Golubev, 2021.07.14 11:44

It is related to the mapping (and the mapping is the standard feature in the Signal service).
About the mapping -

Questions about following signals with different currency name

Sergey Golubev, 2017.02.28 05:57

It should work with no problem:

------------------

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

The Provider has trading symbol called GOLD, and my broker has the same instrument, but it is called XAUUSD. Are trades on GOLD copied to XAUUSD in that case?

If a Subscriber's account has a symbol with the same name as the one on the Provider's account, and trading is fully allowed for the symbol, trades will be copied for this symbol. If trading is allowed partially or disabled for the found symbol, this symbol is considered inappropriate for copying, and the system will continue to search for a suitable symbol:

1. On the Subscriber's account, the system searches for all symbols with the names coinciding with the Provider's symbol by the first 6 characters. For example, EURUSD == EURUSDxxx == EURUSDyyy.
    2. Full permission to perform trading is checked for each detected symbol. If trading is allowed partially or completely forbidden, such a symbol is discarded.
    3. Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
    4. If no symbols remain after conducting all the checks or more than one symbol is found, it is considered that a symbol mapping attempt has failed and it is impossible to copy Provider's trades for that symbol.
    5. If one suitable symbol is found, it is used for copying Provider's trades.

The algorithm provides only two exceptions for metal symbols:

1. XAUUSD == GOLD
    2. XAGUSD == SILVER

In these two cases, only full permission to perform trades is checked. If such permission is present, the mapping attempt is considered to be successful.

Example 1: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – on EURUSD! (or vice versa) with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 2: A Provider has positions on EURUSD, while a Subscriber – both on EURUSD! and EURUSD. The copying is performed for EURUSD.

Example 3: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with full trading permission. The terminal performs mapping automatically and copies the trades.

Example 4: A Provider has positions on GOLD, while a Subscriber – on XAUUSD with close-only (partial) trading permission. The mapping is considered unsuccessful and no copying is performed.

Sergey Golubev:

Thx for info Sergey. I searched this info earlier and double checked my settings. The signal provider has same signal on mt4. How can I get a refund so I can move to his mt4 signal?

Kessee Byron Damon:

Thx for info Sergey. I searched this info earlier and double checked my settings. The signal provider has same signal on mt4. How can I get a refund so I can move to his mt4 signal?

This is nothing to do with the settings.
It is about the broker which is different from the signal provider's broker. Or it is the settings of the broker which is estimated proposed symbol as "non-forex symbol".

You can move this subscription to the other trading account, but within MT5, or within MT4 platform (not from MT5 to MT4 for example).

As to refund so there is one rule here:

Refund Signal subscription

Eleni Anna Branou, 2019.01.22 10:19

If you unsubscribe within 24 hours of your initial subscription, you will get an automatic full refund.

Sergey Golubev:

This is nothing to do with the settings.
It is about the broker which is different from the signal provider's broker. Or it is the settings of the broker which is estimated proposed symbol as "non-forex symbol".

You can move this subscription to the other trading account, but within MT5, or within MT4 platform (not from MT5 to MT4 for example).

As to refund so there is one rule here:

I tried the same broker and another broker. I haven't had any problem with other signals. Thx for the assistance.

There are two scripts (for MT4 and one for MT5) to estimate: forex symbol (it may be mapped and copied in case there is no any other "same symbol" will be found) or non-forex symbol (it can not be mappined and can not be copied): post
And it is related to the Gold as well (XAU/USD for example).
Signal problem: position skipped as no symbol found
Signal problem: position skipped as no symbol found
  • www.mql5.com
Hello, I am having a very annoying problem...

Sergey Golubev:
There are two scripts (for MT4 and one for MT5) to estimate: forex symbol (it may be mapped and copied in case there is no any other "same symbol" will be found) or non-forex symbol (it can not be mappined and can not be copied): post
And it is related to the Gold as well (XAU/USD for example).

For example, I opened XAU/USD chart and attach this script (for MT5, but there is same script for MT4 too):

It means that if I subscribe to the signal trading Gold (or XAU/USD) so I will not get any trade because of the following:

Frequently Asked Questions about the Signals service
  • Margin calculation type is checked for each remaining symbol - if it is Forex, a symbol is considered to be suitable. Symbols of CFD, Futures or other calculation types are discarded.
  • www.mql5.com
Discover in 15 Minutes: Watch the Video about Trading Signals in MetaTrader 4 and MetaTrader 5 The most frequently asked questions related to the S...
Reason: