hi new trader and new programmer

Hi 

I am just recently started to be a trader and programmer on the MQL 5 platform. I have written a trading program from scratch but have some problems with the trading part. 

The trading program is based on the strategy with 200 EMA+ RSI and engulfing paterns.

idea came from:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM52D58vGQk&list=WL&index=64&t=155s

Any sugestions?

thanx

Guilong

Files:

1. dunderking: Any sugestions?

“have some problems” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
         How To Ask Questions The Smart Way. 2004
              When asking about code

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.
              Be precise and informative about your problem

2. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit and open at the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close to a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
      Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134 (your broker will be similar).

William Roeder:
  1. “have some problems” is meaningless — just like saying the car doesn't work. Doesn't start, won't go in gear, no electrical, missing the key, flat tires — meaningless.
              When asking about code

Do you really expect an answer? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked.
              Be precise and informative about your problem

2. You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. Pending Buy Stop orders become market orders when hit and open at the Ask.

1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's/Sell Limit's entry) are triggered when the Bid / OrderClosePrice reaches it. Using Ask±n, makes your SL shorter and your TP longer, by the spread. Don't you want the specified amount used in either direction?

2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's/Buy Limit's entry) will be triggered when the Ask / OrderClosePrice reaches it. To trigger close to a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
                MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #25

3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options (control+O) → charts → Show ask line.)
      Most brokers with variable spreads widen considerably at end of day (5 PM ET) ± 30 minutes. My GBPJPY (OANDA) shows average spread = 26 points, but average maximum spread = 134 (your broker will be similar).

thanx for the reply

sorry for the confusing 

I have implemented the strategy and I have found it is not profitable.

Teach me otherwise....

Dominik Egert:
I have implemented the strategy and I have found it is not profitable.

Teach me otherwise....

Saying "not profitable" is meaningless. Same as saying "this code doesn't work".

That strategy may work well for a distinct security or timeframe, or a specific season of a year. 

@dunderking

Please embed your links properly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM52D58vGQk&list=WL&index=64&t=155s

You are right. Maybe you refer to the whole sentence next time. Cutting only a few words is meaningless, it's almost like saying this code does not work.

Go ahead and test it. Tell me your findings.

Best regards

hi everybody, I'm a newbie, interested to use robot trading. But, I don't know how apply on live trading without my intervention, I mean I just want to attach robot and it will trade automatically, till I stop :). Does anybody could tell what should I do?, What kind of robot I need to buy. Thank you!

Ringki Nababan:
hi everybody, I'm a newbie, interested to use robot trading. But, I don't know how apply on live trading without my intervention, I mean I just want to attach robot and it will trade automatically, till I stop :). Does anybody could tell what should I do?, What kind of robot I need to buy. Thank you!

MetaTrader 5 HelpAlgorithmic Trading, Trading Robots 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

a beginner

Sergey Golubev, 2021.05.03 18:48

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
Algorithmic Trading, Trading Robots - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Algorithmic or automated trading is making buy and sell operations in the financial markets using special trading robots. In the trading platform...

lippmaje:

Saying "not profitable" is meaningless. Same as saying "this code doesn't work".

That strategy may work well for a distinct security or timeframe, or a specific season of a year.

Dominik Egert:
You are right. Maybe you refer to the whole sentence next time. Cutting only a few words is meaningless, it's almost like saying this code does not work.

Go ahead and test it. Tell me your findings.

Best regards

It's funny to see egos posting messages. Why good coders can't communicate more peacefully, any idea ?

Alain Verleyen: It's funny to see egos posting messages. Why good coders can't communicate more peacefully, any idea ?
Because we only know how to properly communicate in one language - CODE! All other languages are illogical to us! 😂

Alain Verleyen:

It's funny to see egos posting messages. Why good coders can't communicate more peacefully, any idea ?

A coders girlfriend on the phone with him: "Darling, on your way home, please stop by at the groceries and get us 10 eggs, if they have bread, then 6 please.

He shows up at home having 6 eggs....

I suppose thats the reason for "unkind" communications. But I do recognise that trait in you too. Maybe you have it more under control than I do.

Reason: